Notices

Old 4 Sep 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Supposed to be flying back on 5th

OK so we were originally supposed to be flying back on 3rd which was cancelled and had to be rebooked for 5th MCO to MAN we have just had notification that the VS76 on 5th has also been cancelled despite airport being open and it already having a time slot - they want to put us on a gatwick flight 3 hours later and then put us on a coach for a 5 hour journey back to manchester. As you can imagine I really don't want to do this journey, we have asked about a flight transfer LGW to Man or a train and they have said this is not an option. We asked for a flight via somewhere else eg Atlanta JFK and they have also said this is not possible. Its frustrating when the VS74 flight from Orlando seems to be going as normal.

I don't suppose there is anyone on the 74 flight who actually wants to go to London instead of Manchester? Any ideas at this point welcome as I think I might throw my guts up on the coach journey back :-(
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Thinking of you, we have also been put on this flight, was meant to fly tuesday, but we are flying to gatwick, my girls were due to go on a school trip Friday to thorpe park, now missing it, they are gutted x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Well look on the bright side you will be due EU compensation as they cannot now blame the weather closing the airport. Currently there were 2 Virgin aircraft at MCO when we where left for WDW.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
OK so we were originally supposed to be flying back on 3rd which was cancelled and had to be rebooked for 5th MCO to MAN we have just had notification that the VS76 on 5th has also been cancelled despite airport being open and it already having a time slot - they want to put us on a gatwick flight 3 hours later and then put us on a coach for a 5 hour journey back to manchester. As you can imagine I really don't want to do this journey, we have asked about a flight transfer LGW to Man or a train and they have said this is not an option. We asked for a flight via somewhere else eg Atlanta JFK and they have also said this is not possible. Its frustrating when the VS74 flight from Orlando seems to be going as normal.

I don't suppose there is anyone on the 74 flight who actually wants to go to London instead of Manchester? Any ideas at this point welcome as I think I might throw my guts up on the coach journey back :-(
How awful for you after all your plans to get things sorted. Hope it's not too bad and you can get some sleep on the trip.
Best wishes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about your messed up flights, hope you get some joy, that doesn’t sound like a great journey & why is it even cancelled
Good luck x

Edited at 06:24 AM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We finally made it home. We went to Downtown disney check in this morning after being advised it was open only to find out it wasn't when we enquired with Virgin they are telling me that they sent a message to everyone on the manchester flight offering the option of Gatwick and it had opened up space on the Manchester one which they rebooked us on. So we did get to fly eventually direct to Manchester after speaking with another passenger he was telling me that the earlier fight was cancelled as it was only half full due to everyone flying out prior to the hurricane and as such they combined it with the later delta flight. So this to me does not techincally sound like the flight was cancelled because of a hurricane? More that the journey was no longer as viable for the company because of changes they had made.
Old 6 Sep 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
So we did get to fly eventually direct to Manchester after speaking with another passenger he was telling me that the earlier fight was cancelled as it was only half full due to everyone flying out prior to the hurricane and as such they combined it with the later delta flight. So this to me does not techincally sound like the flight was cancelled because of a hurricane? More that the journey was no longer as viable for the company because of changes they had made.
Glad you made it home and to Manchester, but I'm a little bit confused about the cancellation. Are you saying that Virgin flew to MCO but cancelled the return flight, meaning that it either flew back empty or remained at MCO? Also didn't realise that Delta flew direct from the UK to MCO.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Well look on the bright side you will be due EU compensation as they cannot now blame the weather closing the airport. Currently there were 2 Virgin aircraft at MCO when we where left for WDW.
Is this right? I dont know if we can claim or not?
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Unfortunately because delays and cancellations due to weather is considered an "extraordinary circumstance", passengers won't be due any compensation from airlines under EU law.However, airlines are obligated to rebook passengers on alternative flights or offer refund.Depending on your situation, the airline may also help with food and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of delays and cancellations.If you have travel insurance, you may be able to claim compensation depending on your policy.You should check the small print to see if you're covered and keep receipts for any expenses
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pottery View Post
Unfortunately because delays and cancellations due to weather is considered an "extraordinary circumstance", passengers won't be due any compensation from airlines under EU law.However, airlines are obligated to rebook passengers on alternative flights or offer refund.Depending on your situation, the airline may also help with food and accommodation expenses incurred as a result of delays and cancellations.If you have travel insurance, you may be able to claim compensation depending on your policy.You should check the small print to see if you're covered and keep receipts for any expenses
The airline can only claim weather for flights actually cancelled on the days the airport was cancelled. All other days its down to the airline that flights where cancelled so EU compensation is due.

The OPs original flight on the 3rd was due to weather so no EU compensation but the one on the 5th can not be claimed due to the weather.as the airport was fully open so EU compensation is due for this flight.

The OP has to make sure they just claim for the flight on the 5th, no need to mention the one on the 3rd as that has no bearing in this case.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List