Notices

Old 10 Jan 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Flights

We started looking at flights around October last year and found eye watering prices from manchester for around £700 PP. The target price for us was under £500 and the cheapest fights I've ever gotten is £480 so ideally I'd like to get them to around this.

We decided to leave looking until the new year in the hopes they would have some sort of new year sale. Fast forward to this week. Ryan decided to take over the planning and started looking into flights, we found out that flying elsewhere would make it cheaper. We weren't overly worried about flying from somewhere else if it made the flights cheaper.

We looked on the BA website who had a package sale on in January. On Saturday Ryan found flights from Gatwick and a Ford Escape or something similar car hire for a grand total of £1192 which worked out £588PP We couldn't believe it! This seemed too good to be true as the flight prices were much cheaper than the £700 we had been looking at.

We decided (well I ) that we would book them the following day so fast forward to then, we placed the same details into the BA website pressed search and the price had gone up to £1360 Ooops. We weren't sure what to do and were worried if we didn't book the price would only continue to rise. I'll admit we sat around deciding for quite some time, the concern we had was they weren't really the flight we'd like as it was an afternoon flight going out and you had to pay even more if you wanted that one.

Just as we were about to give up Ryan came up with an idea why not come back the day later. I wasn't convinced this was the best idea until he told me the price for flights were £394 pp. We checked with the villa that we would still be able to have it for an extra night and with that agreed we booked:

Flights to Orlando - Morning flight with BA economy
Flights to Gatwick - Evening flight with BA economy
Car hire for the full time we are there with free additional driver all for £560pp which I think is a fantastic deal! You only had to put a deposit down at this point with it being package deal and pay closer to the time.

Since booking the price has gone up by £300 so I'm super happy Ryan has learnt my planning ways and we've got something booked! PLUS who doesn't want an extra night in Disney. The plans are coming together now and having never flown with BA I'm looking forward to trying it out.

What flight prices has everyone else been finding for this years trips?
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

That is brilliant well done! This is what panics me with DIY. That's an amazing price, to also include car hire too. Sometimes just altering by a day or two can make a huge difference and on the plus side you get an extra day! Yippee! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Well done on the flights it's always a relief when they are sorted, it somehow makes it all seem more real too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab price congrats on officially being booked ...the flight situation has been so stressful this year . Now you can really enjoy the planning x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
That is brilliant well done! This is what panics me with DIY. That's an amazing price, to also include car hire too. Sometimes just altering by a day or two can make a huge difference and on the plus side you get an extra day! Yippee! X
Thank you! I’m so happy with the price! I love DIY I know I can get everything I want cheaper than what they can do for me! I’ve had quotes before and got it cheaper myself! However the flights were a panic this year! Yay I know happy we get an extra day! More Disney time
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Well done on the flights it's always a relief when they are sorted, it somehow makes it all seem more real too.
It defiantly does! Now everything is booked we’ve just got to start paying for everything 🙈

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Fab price congrats on officially being booked ...the flight situation has been so stressful this year . Now you can really enjoy the planning x
Thank you! We are quite happy and amazed with their prices to be honest! Now on to planing the park days my favourite bit!
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Mini update

Mini update!

I’m currently making a list of everything I still need to do planning wise, it seems that I haven’t crossed many things off so far 🙈

I’m also trying to work out our ADR’s as we are staying offsite this trip we don’t need to book as many as previous trips, we decided on 4 places but I keep seeing reviews of other restaurants and now I don’t know what to do 🤔 if you could only pick 3 table service meals in Disney what would you pick?

I’ve also started getting back into my fitness again! As I’m sure it’s the same with most people I want to be in the best shape I can be before our trip in September 🙈 let’s see how well this works out 😂

I’m also working on a rough plan using last years parks hours which I plan to post soon!

Any advice on the table service meals I would be super greatful! Thanks everyone 😬
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Mini update!

I’m currently making a list of everything I still need to do planning wise, it seems that I haven’t crossed many things off so far 🙈

I’m also trying to work out our ADR’s as we are staying offsite this trip we don’t need to book as many as previous trips, we decided on 4 places but I keep seeing reviews of other restaurants and now I don’t know what to do 🤔 if you could only pick 3 table service meals in Disney what would you pick?

I’ve also started getting back into my fitness again! As I’m sure it’s the same with most people I want to be in the best shape I can be before our trip in September 🙈 let’s see how well this works out 😂

I’m also working on a rough plan using last years parks hours which I plan to post soon!

Any advice on the table service meals I would be super greatful! Thanks everyone 😬
Oooo only 3? That's a tough one! For me it would depend so here goes. If price were no option I would go for :

1900 Park Fare
Tony's Town Square - Parade Package, although you could do this without the parade package
Tusker House

If we were trying to keep to a budget it would be:

Sanaa
Chef Art Smiths
Raglan Road

I hope the fitness goes well! I really need to get back into SW. I lost 16lb last year before our May trip and I'm still hovering about the same now, which is good I haven't put it back on but trying to get into the mindset is hard! You can do this xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh that's tough. I'm the same as Kelly and I really want to break the rules. My favourite places to eat aren't necessarily what I'd pay for with real money. We loved the California Grill Brunch but I wouldn't pay OOP.

In our trip this year we have 6 days at the end with no dining plan so I've actually been looking into restaurants that are good value. I'm going to book The Boathouse at Disney Springs which is a 2 credit TS meal, actually there are some lovely items on the menu that are not too pricey, so I don't think it's really worth the 2 credits. I think though if I could only book 3 ADRs I'd want to eat in the parks. So, I think you should consider some of the lounges. At HS you can eat in the Hollywood Brown Derby lounge without an ADR. You just walk up. It's table service and they do lovely cocktail flights. They serve food and have many items from the main HBD menu. Also the Nomad Lounge at AK is the same set up and so serves some of the Tiffins menu. We've had drinks in both these lounges and I can highly recommend them. I've not eaten at either but I'm sorely tempted to try and fit them in this year when we have no dining plan.

As for other ADRs, there are fab steak restaurants off site that if I didn't have ddp I'd go to instead of eating on site as while there are some lovely wdw restaurants for steak you're going to be paying an arm and a leg.

The other ones I'm thinking of booking for us to pay OOP for are The Plaza at MK, Sci Fi Dine In theater at HS and House of Blues at Disney Springs. We've eaten at sci fi and HOB before and they are my kids favourite restaurants so that's why those two. The Plaza is one of the last MK T we've not eaten at so that's for me.

I can't wait to see what you decide.

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oooo only 3? That's a tough one! For me it would depend so here goes. If price were no option I would go for :

1900 Park Fare
Tony's Town Square - Parade Package, although you could do this without the parade package
Tusker House

If we were trying to keep to a budget it would be:

Sanaa
Chef Art Smiths
Raglan Road

I hope the fitness goes well! I really need to get back into SW. I lost 16lb last year before our May trip and I'm still hovering about the same now, which is good I haven't put it back on but trying to get into the mindset is hard! You can do this xx
I know it’s not enough in my opinion 🙈 As we aren’t on the dining plan I thought we should regulate the amount of table service we pick due to costs and then fact I know we will want to try offsite places too!

We did 1900 fare park on our September trip and therefore don’t think we will repeat although a favourite of mine. I was defiantly considering tusker house 🙊

Interesting you said sanaa in your keeping your a budget, I went a few years ago but would love to take ryan but thought it might be on the expensive side (last time we went we were on the dining plan so I didn’t look at prices) I also keep seeing chef arts smiths mention and wondering if I should try there as it does look amazing! These choices are so difficult 🤔

Wow that’s an amazing job! Well done and for not putting any on is amazing! I’m going to keep pushing just that motivation you need to do it 🙈