Notices

Old 7 Mar 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
Wow this sounds like an epic holiday and a great mix of different things. We went to NYC when we were in our early twenties in 2004 but would love to go back again at some point.
Thank you, we are certainly going to keep ourselves busy! I think NYC just has so much to offer and I think you could go every year and still have plenty left to see and do. Not long now until your Florida trip, you must be getting super excited! Thank you for reading and commenting
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love the photo of your husband at Juniors, he looks like he knows he's about to eat something pretty tasty. Great photo of you walking over the bridge. You did it the sensible way, by getting the subway over and walking back, we walked both ways, we clocked up 35,000 steps that day so we definitely deserved our meat sandwiches at Katz and the beers

Have you hired a boat in Central Park? That was actually only about $15 I think. Not quite the same as your champagne cruise I'm sure but we had great fun doing it.

Also, we did the Ride, which was awesome and could be fun as a birthday treat. Again, I'm sure you've heard of it, if you haven't already done it but we loved it.

You absolutely earned your deli sandwiches and beers holy moly that is a lot of steps! I love your boat pic, I think that is quite iconic really to captain your own boat across the lake at Central Park and that seems really inexpensive too. I’m adding it to the list. Now we haven’t done the Ride but we have had friends experience it and they loved it too. I asked Cooper what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said he wanted to go to Junior’s for a burger I think we might need to think of something else to do for the other 12 hours! Thank you so much for your fantastic tips, I also love seeing your holiday pics too xx

Edited at 05:07 PM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Looking forward to reading all about your adventures this year. A NYC stop sounds an idyllic stop off on the way home. Your Universal Annual passes seem to have been well used, great value for money to use them 3 times. Without a countdown this year we won't be bumping into you this year, so look forward to reading all about your holiday.
Hello and what a lovely surprise! We are really looking forward to NYC, we were there for a 10 night trip in 2015 and then had a couple of nights there last summer (we flew indirect to MCO and got stranded there for 3 days we loved it but missed our first 3 days in Disney) It really is a great city!

We have been very fortunate with our Universal AP’s, we did look at doing the same with Disney but is was soooo expensive

It was lovely to bump into you all at Magic Kingdom, really makes the world feel small when you bump into a Dibber in Disney! I hope you had a great time at your concert in Selby too Depending on your plans we might see you in Florida in 2021 Thank you so much for reading and commenting
Old 8 Mar 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Hello and what a lovely surprise!

It was lovely to bump into you all at Magic Kingdom, really makes the world feel small when you bump into a Dibber in Disney! I hope you had a great time at your concert in Selby too Depending on your plans we might see you in Florida in 2021 Thank you so much for reading and commenting
Aww Thank you

Look forward to reading about your travels - our trip to Selby was fantastic, I had the car so we didn't stay over but am inclined to return as we all thought it was such a lovely town. The Town Hall was an excellent venue to watch The Alarm.

Hope our paths cross once again in the future

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Aww Thank you

Look forward to reading about your travels - our trip to Selby was fantastic, I had the car so we didn't stay over but am inclined to return as we all thought it was such a lovely town. The Town Hall was an excellent venue to watch The Alarm.

Hope our paths cross once again in the future
I’m so pleased you all had a great time at the concert next time you are visiting Selby we will all have to catch up at the pub and you and Adam can talk football and Alison and I can talk Disney who am I kidding we can all talk Florida
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I’m so pleased you all had a great time at the concert next time you are visiting Selby we will all have to catch up at the pub and you and Adam can talk football and Alison and I can talk Disney who am I kidding we can all talk Florida
Sounds good to me

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Sounds good to me
Brilliant
Old 10 Mar 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Your plans look amazing Michelle!

We did NY, Anna Maria Island and Orlando in 2018 and it was a perfect mix of city, beach and parks.

Have I counted correctly and your away for 27 nights? I'm insanely jealous of this and suddenly my 21 nights don't seem enough

We loved Juniors too. I had the fried chicken and it was so good, not to mention the cheesecake for dessert!

I really want to revisit NY and go to some of the lesser known places as we have done most of the touristy bits, with 6 nights there you'll see loads

I can't wait to read all about it

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Your plans look amazing Michelle!

We did NY, Anna Maria Island and Orlando in 2018 and it was a perfect mix of city, beach and parks.

Have I counted correctly and your away for 27 nights? I'm insanely jealous of this and suddenly my 21 nights don't seem enough

We loved Juniors too. I had the fried chicken and it was so good, not to mention the cheesecake for dessert!

I really want to revisit NY and go to some of the lesser known places as we have done most of the touristy bits, with 6 nights there you'll see loads

I can't wait to read all about it
Thank you Alicia after reading your reports I think we have similar trip styles, Beaches, Cities, shopping and food

So I didn’t really count the days I just found rewards flights and booked them. I am just happy to be going on holidays and to be honest your trips are epic!

We had the best meal at Juniors, I also had the fried chicken and it was great but Cooper had a burger and it was awesome! He was the absolute winner for that meal. Adam just goes for the cheesecake

We are looking forward to doing new things in New York this time, Abby had some great suggestions and the boys have some ideas of their own too.

Thank you for reading