Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Feb 09, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
benkaylamum
Proud to wear my Ears

Hotel New York - Definitely Upgrade to Empire State Club!

We returned last night from a fab 3 day trip to DLP. We were staying in the Hotel New York and I had read a bit about the Empire State Club but when I looked at prices whilst here, it was extortionate.

We have upgraded in hotels in various countries by waiting until we actually arrive and the prices seem to be really cheap in comparison to booking it here.

We enquired when we arrived and were advised that it was an extra £88 per night (this was per room and there was myself, hubby, son and daughter). We had a quick think about it and decided to go for it and we are really glad we did as it was definitely worth it.

They showed us into a dedicated reception area for Empire State Club guests where we went through paperwork. We were advised that because we were upgrading, our room was ready now (was 11am in the day and if we were going into our original room, we couldn't gain access until 3pm). We had use of a lounge where breakfast was served for Empire State Club guest only and also soft drinks, hot drinks and snacks and sweets were available all day. At the breakfast, the busiest we saw it was around 7 families having breakfast, one day there was only ourselves and another 2 families. The characters come in throughout breakfast and spend a lot of time going around, some actually were sitting down and trying to steal our brekkie! . It was quite something, opening our bedroom door and Mickey Mouse being right outside! The breakfasts were great, cooked stuff as well as toast, breads etc. On our first night, the door was knocked and we were given a photo/autograph album and pen. Also every evening, our beds were turned down and a chocolate coin was left on everyones pillow, my son was delighted! Also included was a VIP fastpass for both parks for us all.

We hardly spent any money at all whilst we were there as we had booked the Half Board plus option for our main meals where we saved quite a bit. Saved some rolls from breakfast time to have as a snack during the day, along with crisps etc I took with me. Also due to getting autographs in the hotel, we didn't wait at all at the parks to meet the characters as we already had them.

Also used TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Disney, fab only 10 mins. Bought tickets before we went and was glad we did as queues were horrendous there. Strange though, noone checked our tickets on the way there or back, could have got on without tickets as there are no barriers or anything.

Managed to get a window table at Walts Restaurant (we were last ones left in the place, the waitress was great and told us to just sit and watch even though we had finished eating) and had a birds eye view of the parade in the warmth. A good number of the characters could see us at the window when they were on the floats and waved up to us.

We were in Florida last summer and I can honestly say that we probably enjoyed our few days to DLP more as you were right on the doorstep of the parks, no having to drive to massive car parks and then getting on trains. Everything seemed so much stress free than the USA

Edited at 11:12 AM. Reason: Forgot!
benkaylamum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 09, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Swoody
Excited about Disney

Thanks for posting that we are staying at the hotel New York in three weeks time and if we can get the upgrade for that price we will also ugrade.
Sep 2000 WLOct 2003 AKL Oct 2005 AKL Oct 2006 Polynesian Oct 2007 Wilderness Lodge & Poly Aug 2008 Animal Kindom Lodge, Hard Rock & Poly Mar 2009 DLP Hotel New York Aug 2009 Hard Rock, Beach Club and Polynesian Aug 2010 Portofino Bay Beach ClubApril 2011 New York & Beach Club HRH Orlando Villa May 2012 HRH and Beach Club August 2013 Wilderness Lodge HRH August 2014 Beach Club 2015 NY and Beach Club HRH 2016 PORS and HRH
Swoody is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 09, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
benkaylamum
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Swoody View Post
Thanks for posting that we are staying at the hotel New York in three weeks time and if we can get the upgrade for that price we will also ugrade.
Initially we thought mmmm... £88, but when we thought about what we were getting in terms of monetary and time savings as well as the lovely added extras, we are so pleased we went for it. Even having a small diet coke worked out around 3 euros each and drinks for 4 of us would have soon mounted up. The lounge was great to relax in after you came back from the parks too.

Hope you have a fab time!
benkaylamum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 09, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

That sounds great! We have done Concierge at WDW but havent ever taken the plunge at DLP - we might give it a try after your review - it sounds great value!

We have never been to the Hotel New York - we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last time and it was fab, but the pool was disappointing - can you tell me what the pool was like at the New York?
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 09, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DangerMouse74
slightly serious Dibber

DangerMouse74's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rusty30 View Post
can you tell me what the pool was like at the New York?
The pool is a decent size, but it doesn't have much Disney theming, bit like a pool you'd find at your local sports centre. It was empty when we went. I'd also recommend Hotel New York- especially when they have the ice rink - great fun.
Old 23 Feb 09, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
benkaylamum
Proud to wear my Ears

The pool was a fair size but was really quite cold. I was hoping to take my one year old daughter into it but thought better of it due to the temperature. My son loved it though!
Old 23 Feb 09, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nevey2006
slightly serious Dibber

nevey2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
sounds like you had a lovely time

thanks for letting us know

nevey2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 09, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah & Andy
Imagineer

Nice to hear you had a great time.

That upgrade sounds great value.

June 2007 - POR, Oct & Nov 08 - Three weeks of POR, Feb 2011 - Winners of Money can't buy VIP competition Grand Floridian, Aug 2011 - 3 weeks AKL CL & POR, Aug 2012 3 weeks POR, Aug 2013 AK CL, Disney Dream & POR, Aug 2015 SSR and engaged, Aug 2016 Disney Magic, Aug 2017 AKL CL and OKW and our Disney Wedding
Sarah & Andy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 09, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
FSnug
Very Serious Dibber

Are there any restrictions on the VIP fastpass in terms of time you can use it - or is it any time during opeining hours when fastpass is running on a particular ride? I read a post somewhere that suggested that they couldn't be used after a certain time? Going end of Nov for 2 nights so we think the VIP fastpass will save a massive amount of queuing time. DLP site has new brochure out now so getting close to booking! Also are all the Empire state Club rooms lake view or do you have to request/pay extra? Thanks
... maybe one day?
FSnug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 09, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread