Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 10, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Not sure how true this is, but apparently one of the scare actors who plays 'Jack' was badly beaten up the other night in one of the scare zones. The people responsible have been arrested.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 10, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher_Ro
Imagineer

Christopher_Ro's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Doody View Post
Not sure how true this is, but apparently one of the scare actors who plays 'Jack' was badly beaten up the other night in one of the scare zones. The people responsible have been arrested.
The actual actor who plays Jack on tv is near Jaws for photo ops. He is a real laugh but heavily security guarded.
Christopher_Ro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 10, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Christopher_Ro View Post
The actual actor who plays Jack on tv is near Jaws for photo ops. He is a real laugh but heavily security guarded.
So when you going to tell us your thoughts on HHN 20.

I take it you wasnt impressed?
Old 18 Oct 10, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher_Ro
Imagineer

Christopher_Ro's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Doody View Post
So when you going to tell us your thoughts on HHN 20.

I take it you wasnt impressed?

I'm reserving further judgement as my first visit was during Hell Week. I'm going again this weekend and will report in full then.

Initially my thoughts are good ideas but bad or lack of imagination in the follow-throughs, especially the Legendary Truth house.

I'm also disappointed as a huge amount of things that were planned have been shelved due to cut-backs.

And Doody you will be annoyed at how much of the park is empty. All the way from Mel's Drive In to Jaws is totally empty! There's too many chainsaws and some of the zones lack any real theme or purpose.

Earlier on to me, it seems very clear that the man behind HHN (who left last year) is needed back ASAP and I do feel that this is the main cause of problems this year and not budgets, however...

On the upside, Universal Orlando announced yesterday their best ever financial results for 20 years. I was talking to a show director and accordingly the budget will not be so tight next year. Which is the only shred of good light in an otherwise poor performance this year!
Christopher_Ro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 10, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Chris was it you or Doody that said they had a revelation they wanted to tell us all about a little while ago... something to do with Halloween I thought?
Old 18 Oct 10, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by melandjake View Post
Chris was it you or Doody that said they had a revelation they wanted to tell us all about a little while ago... something to do with Halloween I thought?
It was me, but sadly, i still cant say for copyright reasons!
Old 18 Oct 10, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

are you the new James Bond
Old 18 Oct 10, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by melandjake View Post
are you the new James Bond
Blimey no, i cant stand James Bond!
Old 19 Oct 10, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I went last night and this is the HHN verdict...

Universal Studios did not decorate the outside to the Studios this year, to me that screamed out 'lack of effort'. But when I went inside, it was a totally different story. They really outdid themselves on the street decorations and scarezones this year-even more so than last year!

We went to see Hallowed Past, Catacombs and the Orfanage, the best one being Hallowed Past.

Saved Bill and Ted for last...Well, after hearing all the bad reviews for it, I decided to give it a chance, because after all, reviews are just one person's view on something, it didn't neccesserally mean that I would share that opinion. To be honest, I wished I heeded those warnings. I am the world's biggest Bill and Ted fan (probably ) and this show was absolutely .

OK, yes, thay didn't have much to work with, but they could have included so much more, examples:
Alice In Wonderland,
Glee,
Inception,
Better characters from Lost,
Buzz Lightyear,
Kick Ass (the actual superhero, not his little sister or whatever she was supposed to be) etc.

I didn't know who/what half the things were supposed to be except from Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Woody, Dr. Evil and Kick Ass's little sister or whatever she was supposed to be. And I've been paying close attention to this year's pop-culture.

I could write my own Bill and Ted show and I bet it could be better than this year's! I always see Bill and Ted at least 3 or 4 times, and I don't even want to see this one twice.

But the plus side is that the Simpson's Ride is as good as ever! 16th time, going on 17th and also that the scarezones are absolutely excellent this year!
Old 19 Oct 10, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Christopher_Ro View Post
I can confirm for everyone's diaries that the high schools are on half term the week commencing the start of Columbus Day. That is locally referred to as 'Hell Week.'
now we know why the Harry Potter ride had a 3 hour wait time last week! We totally forgot about hell week!
Closed Thread

Tags
halloween, hhn, universal