Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Mar 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Hello is there a way to claim on travel insurance for these lost points?
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I suspect legal action could follow- treating different members differently, allowing some and not others to return their points, is unacceptable.
I can fully understand why they won’t allow late banking but not allowing points to be returned to their use year is unnecessarily harsh.
DVC has made billions out of its members, it’s payback time. Get around the so called legal restrictions and free up ALL cash inventory for members. Give us dues rebates and / or extend all contracts for free by 1 year.
Old 19 Mar 20, 03:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Been reported on threads that they reversed the decision and are allowing borrowed points to be returned:

Not sure if correct but that’s what they are saying has just happened, on DVC Facebook pages.
Old 19 Mar 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

YT I really hope your update is correct 🤞. This situation is horrible enough without feeling that DVC have stuffed you over too.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Yes all points borrowed from 2020 have been returned to use year

Thanks gooddness
Old 21 Mar 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
Yes all points borrowed from 2020 have been returned to use year

Thanks gooddness
That's really good news.

I've been in tears and on the verge of just selling, as I just couldn't believe they would do this to us.

Looks like they are seeing sense!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Brilliant news

I wonder if this was in response to the complaint I made to them on 18th March?
I'm quite sure many others did something similar as members of another USA disney board forum were not too happy either!

OK, heres what I sent to Disney.

I am booked for July this year, using some borrowed points & cash via Walt Disney Travel. It took 2 years to organise and save up for this trip. In light of the current crisis, I was in the process of cancelling my july/august plans and deferring the trip until next year, when I heard that today, you have changed your Policy re cancellations. A few days ago, our members were able to have their 'borrowed' points returned to the ORIGINAL Use Year. Now that has stopped and many of us stand to lose a lot of points as a result? I am a VIP Passholder of a UK&Ireland Disney forum and I can tell you some of us are far from happy. Many of us stay for long periods over the summer,meaning we are affected disproportionately to other members.Its a long flight and in general,our holidays average 14-21 days, meaning we borrow or/and bank and tend to go every 2 years. At a time when we are called upon to be flexible and asked NOT TO contact member services unless we were booked up to 30/3, we now find many of us will lose out because we adhered to this and did not go online to cancel. Had we not acted upon this advice and insisted on 'clogging up' the system even more, we would not have lost out.Some of our members were assured a few days ago that if they cancelled, their points would be returned to that Use Year (& not holding) and borrowed points returned to ORIGINAL Use Year.
Now we find today that your policy appears to have changed?.
I have always valued my DVC membership and the Disney Difference but feel you have fallen short of expectations on this occasion. At a time when I'm being asked to take on duties to help with the crisis and to be flexible, I am shocked that Disney are not. I borrowed my points from Sept 20 Use Year. When I cancel my holiday, I will lose all of these points as I cannot fly before 1st September 20. I have already lost over €2k for my flights and am already traumatised that I cannot get to Disney this year.
The very least you can do is honour what we we were all told (and some have done already) iro borrowed points OR make some special arrangement re 'future' borrowed points or put them back into the ORIGINAL YEAR.

Please forward this communication to Senior Management.

Thank you

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

It may well have been Iam. I also sent them a highly emotive e-mail along the same lines!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Im going to have to do this
Ive also borrowed points for May. Its obvious now we wont be going
Can one cancel and unborrow via email
What email address seems to work best ?