Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Mar 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wendellgee View Post
Hi,
Can you explain why for skip the counter you need to enter CC even though i have already prepaid full amount with 3rd party ?
Many Thanks
Paul
Alamo need a swipe of your cc to ensure it's 'live' should they need to make a charge for fuel or tolls, irrespective of you paying in full for the rental. You may see a 'pending' $1 charge, that will drop off.
Old 11 Jul 20, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
StevenC1872
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi,

Sorry if it’s been covered this is a large thread lol

Do Alamo accept a debit card at the desk rather than credit card?
StevenC1872 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StevenC1872 View Post
Hi,

Yes, I believe so, don't know how old their T&Cs are, but THIS was available via a Google search.
Old 11 Jul 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi,

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Yes, I believe so, don't know how old their T&Cs are, but THIS was available via a Google search.
Steven

Just to add to Chris's reply I'm a regular Alamo customer at MCO doing STC.

On one trip recently I accidentally handed over my Visa DC but wasn't asked for sight of a return airline ticket. The only downside was the fuel and Sunpass charges hit my current account fairly quickly.

Mick

PS This was at the garage barrier not the terminal desk. Haven't been near the desk in years.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
StevenC1872
Trying for More Ears

Thank you for the replies.

I assume I can't use the STC as I booked through my travel agent?
StevenC1872 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews

Anyone should be able to do STC with Alamo even if through a broker. I always book through Andy at DFCH and you should get this form to complete. You will need the Alamo number though.

alamo/en_US/car-rent...ourOCI-uk.html

The Alamo number will be 10 digits and a few weeks back it was 141xxxxxxx. Fill in this online check-in form and it will take you to one asking D/L details and will then ask if you want to print. The print will give you a bar code which is all you need to STC. STC is not a separate process - doing OLCI allows you to STC.

At MCO go to either garage A or B, find your row, pick a car and off you go. Simple as that. No need for any other form or to to go anywhere near the terminal desk. They don't care how you paid the broker as it's the card they swipe at the barrier that counts.

You can do STC at MCO, TPA, MIA and FLL. Slightly different at SFB I believe. You still go to the desk then go and pick a car.

Mick

PS Welcome to the DIBB

Edited at 05:12 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Steven, my turn to add to Gadgey Mick ... if you want to avoid driving a circuit of the airport circular road, if heading north use garage A, you exit on the East side close to the 528, if south use B which exits on the West side of MCO to head south for the 417 - see map HERE.

Gadgey Mick will advise which route may be better depending on where you are staing

I concur with Gadgey Mick re OLCI being adequate to head straight to the garage, as you're using a debit card it may not be available to you anyway. STC enables the customer to enter their cc details and any extras you do/don't require. My sister in law collects her motor at Fort Myers airport she asks me to OLCI and STC as, from her experience, the OUT kiosk agent never gives her the hard sell blurb.
Old 11 Jul 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Steven, my turn to add to Gadgey Mick ... if you want to avoid driving a circuit of the airport circular road, if heading north use garage A, you exit on the East side close to the 528, if south use B which exits on the West side of MCO to head south for the 417 - see map HERE.

Gadgey Mick will advise which route may be better depending on where you are staing

I concur with Gadgey Mick re OLCI being adequate to head straight to the garage, as you're using a debit card it may not be available to you anyway. STC enables the customer to enter their cc details and any extras you do/don't require. My sister in law collects her motor at Fort Myers airport she asks me to OLCI and STC as, from her experience, the OUT kiosk agent never gives her the hard sell blurb.
Steven

Hope you're not confused by references to "Gadgey" Mick which I'm told in Co Durham is a term of endearment.

That apart it's just good to be posting again on a car hire thread.

Mick
Old 12 Jul 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
StevenC1872
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Anyone should be able to do STC with Alamo even if through a broker. I always book through Andy at DFCH and you should get this form to complete. You will need the Alamo number though.

The Alamo number will be 10 digits and a few weeks back it was 141xxxxxxx. Fill in this online check-in form and it will take you to one asking D/L details and will then ask if you want to print. The print will give you a bar code which is all you need to STC. STC is not a separate process - doing OLCI allows you to STC.

At MCO go to either garage A or B, find your row, pick a car and off you go. Simple as that. No need for any other form or to to go anywhere near the terminal desk. They don't care how you paid the broker as it's the card they swipe at the barrier that counts.

You can do STC at MCO, TPA, MIA and FLL. Slightly different at SFB I believe. You still go to the desk then go and pick a car.

Mick

PS Welcome to the DIBB
Thanks to you both for the help and welcome. Unfortunately I’m flying to Sandford 😂

Would imagine the process is the same though eh?

And they swipe your card at the barrier not the desk then? Didn’t know that thanks.
Old 12 Jul 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thanks to you both for the help and welcome. Unfortunately I’m flying to Sandford 😂

Would imagine the process is the same though eh?

And they swipe your card at the barrier not the desk then? Didn’t know that thanks.
Sorry Steven

Not flown into SFB since 2008 but from what I've read on here you do go to the terminal desk and complete the "formalities" then you can go and select a car.

I'm only guessing though and to be on the safe side could I suggest you start a new thread in the car forum specifically asking what the Alamo process is at SFB.

Who have you hired through? Hopefully it will include all necessary insurances. Sadly the car included "free" with Tui is often under-insured. Just check that you have CDW with no excess and $1m SLI (extended liability)

Mick