Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Mar 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Help with points if we need to cancel

We are due to go on the 25th April and have two bookings.

First 93 points at BWV and 107 at SSR.

We are a June use year and have borrowed 64 points from next year.

If we cancel now what will happen with the points?

Sorry just never really got my head round points
Old 12 Mar 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Under normal circumstances all of those points would have gone into "Holding" as you are within the 4 month banking window but I believe that MS are "bending the rules" to assist so should allow you to Bank this year's points & next years points will be returned to their UY but that all being said the only definitive answer you will get is by calling MS
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve just called MS and cancelled my DVC bookings for next month as I was at 34 days.
All 283 points have been put back into my December 2020 use year. I did have to request this and spoke nicely to them but I have to say they were particularly nice and helpful. If my flights aren’t cancelled I will book somewhere just before we go. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t lose my points or have them in holding. Now it’s the waiting game.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
I’ve just called MS and cancelled my DVC bookings for next month as I was at 34 days.
All 283 points have been put back into my December 2020 use year. I did have to request this and spoke nicely to them but I have to say they were particularly nice and helpful. If my flights aren’t cancelled I will book somewhere just before we go. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t lose my points or have them in holding. Now it’s the waiting game.
We have a few more days grace than you but will have to make a decision soon

The points I am using will go back into this use year so not worried about that

I am debating to book a refundable offsite hotel now so we will have somewhere to stay if we do still go

We would still probably go even if the parks are shut but really dont know if we want to go so far away from home with all that is going on

If we cancel ourselves we would lose £1100... not a huge sum of money but not insignificant either
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
That’s good to know. I don’t go to July, and then October, so have time to wait and see, but I’ve borrowed from Dec 2020 UY, and I was worried I’d lose them.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
We are due to go on the 25th April and have two bookings.

First 93 points at BWV and 107 at SSR.

We are a June use year and have borrowed 64 points from next year.

If we cancel now what will happen with the points?

Sorry just never really got my head round points
I definitely recommend calling to cancel. On the phone Disney is letting majority of owners "unborrow" points even though technically not suppose to do that. Disney is trying to keep all the members as happy as they can. The thing is to stay nice to them and they should be nice to you.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 14 Mar 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

I have two bookings June and July with last years points carried over to this year. My year end is August.
I am guessing I will get the points back to this year but will just loose them anyway - what do you think?
Old 14 Mar 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandieb View Post
I have two bookings June and July with last years points carried over to this year. My year end is August.
I am guessing I will get the points back to this year but will just loose them anyway - what do you think?
I am not sure this has been clarified by DVC. I have a July booking with points borrowed so it’s a similar situation. If you can’t bank them, WDW May be reopened and you could rent the booking (if there’s time and the demand).
Old 18 Mar 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Can you use them for an RCI booking?

I've seen people discuss this but am not personally very familiar with the process.

Worth looking into, rather than losing your points.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List