Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Mar 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluemoonno1
Trading Disney Pins

First ever Disney Park - Magic Kingdom 1987

How old were you? - 15

Who was with you? - Friend and her parents

Can not remember what was our first attraction but loved it there, had a 3 day ticket and think it cost about £40

Spent 1 week in Orlando and then 1 week at St. Petes beach.
Bluemoonno1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great idea for a Friday evening.

First park was Disneyland in California, 1993 and I was 16

I was with my friend and her family who lived in San Diego, I'd gone out to visit on my own after doing my GCSEs

I honestly can't remember my first ride, but I've got lots of photos and one of the first is of me on the tea cups so I'm going to stick with that.

Looking forward to seeing all the other answers.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

First park was somewhere in WDW in 2009. I was 28 and with my best friend, her boyfriend and her sister.
I can’t remember which park or attraction we did first, my whole memory of the Disney part of that trip is blurry as I was so taken a back with it all. I didn’t know anything about WDW or other Disney parks before we went but that holiday changed my holidays forever. It was amazing!
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
1980, just the 2 of us, me 22, Mrs P 19. No choice as only MK there then. It was pay as you go, you paid a small amount to get in, google suggests $7-$8 then bought tickets and then between 10c to $1 per ride. Tickets in bands A-E, ride up Main Street was an A, Space Mountain an E. These were our 1st 2 rides

It was quite unusual for "normal" factory workers to go on "fancy" holidays back then and Thomson used Pan-Am to get us to Miami, we stayed on Miami Beach for 10 nights with just 4 nights in Orlando as they felt there wasn't enough to do in Orlando for longer, although the next year they split it to 7/7.

We spent 2 days in the MK a day at Boardwalk and Baseball as it had a big wooden coaster with an evening at Rosie O'Gradys.

How times have changed but we have had some great holidays since but still fonly remember that first trip and at $2.43/£ or $1 = 40p it was great value over there.
That big wooden roller coaster nearly killed me!
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I never had the chance to experience Alien Encounter - what did you think of it at the time?
Personally I thought Alien encounter was fab.. great loss when it changed
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

First park - Magic Kingdom 2001.

Age 46

Daughter 14, Son 12,

First attraction - Splash Mountain

Initial impression - Absolutely brilliant.

Edited at 03:58 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

First park was Animal Kingdom, with Chris, for our 40th. We chose AK based on advice from here, as we knew we'd be up early, could make opening and animals would be more active early in the day when it was cooler.

I think the first ride was Kilimanjaro Safari. By the end of the day - well early afternoon, when we were soaked from Kali River, and Chris was learning that trying to get round o9n crutches might not be a good idea after all... I was just totally blown away. No amount of research could have prepared me for the reality of being there!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
- What was your first ever Disney park? Disneyland Anaheim

- How old were you? 25

- Who was with you? My best friend who I worked with at the time and we are still best friends - DH didn’t come with me until 1998 to Orlando

- What was your very first attraction? I can’t remember clearly but think it might have been the teacups - they were iconic.

- Initial impression at the end of the first day? We loved it. It was part of a road trip we were doing down the West Coast and we had a ball going on every single ride. We marked each one off as we did it. Still remember the Indiana Jones ride and being very disappointed when I realised they didn’t have it in Florida.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
1996, 41 years old
Husband, son, daughter ages 17 and 13
Magic kingdom
Thunder mountain
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Magic kingdom
Husband sons agec10 ,7 and 9 weeks 1995
First ride it’s a small world
We knew we’d be back and it’s cost us a fortune well spent to be honest
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List