Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
We are due to go in September and I’m not at all hopeful, expecting to cancel or postpone. Luckily not booked flights.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Yes.

I have in the past week booked Arizona and California from 19 August to 02 September.

Flights can be moved up to a year onward and locations changed. (American Airlines).

All 7 hotels are nothing up front and no cancellation fees.

Car hire is cancellable and refundable.

What have I got to lose? Nobody knows if we can fly by then and if we can, I expect prices to go through the roof as Airlines and Travel Companies seek to clawback all those thousands of credit notes whilst still making an operating profit. You don’t trust them to be fair after all their begging grovelling and whining about giving credit notes, do you? Think how soon the banking and financial markets returned to their former arrogance once we taxpayers had saved their skins.
If nothing else, my credit note (from 19 Aug ) will time out those of most others.

I reckon I will be going on 19 Aug.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:43 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I would book as long as I could get insurance for medical whilst there. Unlike most people on here, I have a glimmer of hope that we’ll be holidaying this year 🤞
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I have a trip to Arizona booked for May , resigned myself to not going.

I have a trip to wdw in September flights paid for in full, and over half the money paid to Disney for accommodation , I’m planning in being there , made my adrs over a week ago

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Yes.

I have in the past week booked Arizona and California from 19 August to 02 September.

Flights can be moved up to a year onward and locations changed. (American Airlines).

All 7 hotels are nothing up front and no cancellation fees.

Car hire is cancellable and refundable.

What have I got to lose? Nobody knows if we can fly by then and if we can, I expect prices to go through the roof as Airlines and Travel Companies seek to clawback all those thousands of credit notes whilst still making an operating profit. You don’t trust them to be fair after all their begging grovelling and whining about giving credit notes, do you? Think how soon the banking and financial markets returned to their former arrogance once we taxpayers had saved their skins.
If nothing else, my credit note (from 19 Aug ) will time out those of most others.

I reckon I will be going on 19 Aug.
Is that a bit different to OP though? As you could draw down on already committed funds which were returned from your cancelled April trip and effectively apply them to the new August trip. In other words, you weren’t incurring further financial costs?

My worry right now is any insurance covering a future trip to the US. In time that will sort itself out but until it does I’m not booking anything more. My annual travel insurance has been updated and no longer covers pandemics. I can’t see myself being prepared to take the risk of potential hospital bills (assuming a bed is even available) without insurance. You may be fine in that scenario CFB and be relying on existing insurance. Trips not yet booked may be different.
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Is that a bit different to OP though? As you could draw down on already committed funds which were returned from your cancelled April trip and effectively apply them to the new August trip. In other words, you weren’t incurring further financial costs?

My worry right now is any insurance covering a future trip to the US. In time that will sort itself out but until it does I’m not booking anything more. My annual travel insurance has been updated and no longer covers pandemics. I can’t see myself being prepared to take the risk of potential hospital bills (assuming a bed is even available) without insurance. You may be fine in that scenario CFB and be relying on existing insurance. Trips not yet booked may be different.
That may well be true. I was fortunate to get almost all my money back or coming back.

I have not troubled my insurance company and have been with them for 15 years. They have not changed my policy.

We are all in different situations and I answered the question from my own perspective.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

That may well be true. I was fortunate to get almost all my money back or coming back.

I have not troubled my insurance company and have been with them for 15 years. They have not changed my policy.

We are all in different situations and I answered the question from my own perspective.
Sure of course! I just think it’s good for OP to know their situation may be different.

My insurance is through my bank and has been great a few times over the years (30 hour delay once, lost suitcase another). But they sent me a text a week or so ago alerting me to a change in T&Cs... and you guessed it, pandemics no longer covered.
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49

What about if none of your party have had the virus, and the US demands all international travellers to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival?

Your flights run fine, your hotel(s) are open but when you land in the US you have to quarantine inside for 14 days?

What if some of your party HAVE had the virus and are considered "Covid-19 safe" to enter the US, but some of you aren't?

That's just one scenario - there are a huge number of situations that could mean "my flight is going so I'll be on it" but it could be considered unwise or not worthwhile to get on it.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
What about if none of your party have had the virus, and the US demands all international travellers to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival?

Your flights run fine, your hotel(s) are open but when you land in the US you have to quarantine inside for 14 days?

What if some of your party HAVE had the virus and are considered "Covid-19 safe" to enter the US, but some of you aren't?

That's just one scenario - there are a huge number of situations that could mean "my flight is going so I'll be on it" but it could be considered unwise or not worthwhile to get on it.
One of my worries (secondary to insurance though) is that DT’s responses can be hard to predict!
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
One of my worries (secondary to insurance though) is that DT’s responses can be hard to predict!
The DT factor is certainly a concern, but I can see a lot of countries going the same way as South Korea's 14 days quarantine for new arrivals - businesstraveller/bu...-from-april-1/

If you have any kind of handle on virus spread in your country - and in August still many tens of millions of people in the US won't have had it - then you absolutely don't want holidaymakers rocking up who could start spreading it again.

The only solution available then really is:

- Traveller has been tested and proven to have had the virus already so is considered "safe" to enter. There may be some sort of internationally-accepted Covid-19 certificate.

- Traveller can't prove they have had the virus so they have to go into quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. This is clearly impractical if you're taking a holiday.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List