Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Apr 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

POR or POFQ?

I expect this has been asked a 100 times, but for those that have been to either or both of these over the 12 or so months which one would you choose and why?

Solo traveller, no mobility issues.

Have stayed at FQ a few years ago and loved it, but would you put Riverside over this?

Thanks peeps
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I preferred French Quarter. To the point we were staying in Riverside and requested a move to French quarter.

I just preferred the theming and the small size of the resort.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

POFQ is lovely. Very compact and nice. Transport is very good from there too.
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

We stayed at POR for 2 weeks in January this year. A gorgeous sprawling resort with multiple pool choices. The main 'drag' as such is very nicely laid out. However we found ourselves walking to FQ several times to use the food court as we felt it was much better than Riverside (upgraded drinks station with many more choices for refillable resort mugs, healthier food choices...)

We also always seemed to go via FQ on our way to parks, and on the way back meaning the time spent on resort buses was longer for Riverside.

Either way, both gorgeous resorts within 5 minutes walk of each other with the pro of being able to use the amenities of each!
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

As a solo visitor who's stayed at both I prefer POFQ. I love the size, the theming and the jambalaya in the food court is yummy! I've booked to stay there again this year.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

It does always make me smile when people say FQ because it is small despite people usually walking miles and miles in the parks.

I personally prefer POR as you can tell from my signature. I find FQ garish, the food court has improved now they have got rid of the ugly masks but the dragon in the pool just looks tacky. Plus the instrument playing alligators don't help.

I love walking through POR, if walking is an issue then you can upgrade to a preferred room which will see you near the food court and the bus stop.

Our favourite building is 37 in Alligator Bayou. Takes 6 minutes from the building to the food court, less than 2 minutes to the bus stop. That is walking at a leisurely pace. I like the little bridges over the water, the tall tress providing dappled shade, I like the paths that weave round the buildings. The river walk both by day and by night. We have walked down to FQ and taken a bus from the park to there and walked back to POR.

The quiet pools are lovely and my children prefer them to the main pool.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Have stayed at POFQ three times. We love strolling down the river to POR and spending time at that pool and food court but I’ve never wanted to stay there over POFQ.
Old 4 Apr 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post
It does always make me smile when people say FQ because it is small despite people usually walking miles and miles in the parks.
Because of the miles walked during the day, the limited number of steps from bus stop to room is a major perk when arriving back at 23:30!