Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Mar 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

Opinions on Caribbean Beach Resort

So I had to make the dreaded call today to reschedule my Disney holiday from May to September, in some ways I'm glad and other ways I'm devastated but then again worse things are going on so I guess I need to get over it.

So to keep costs down to around what we've already paid we moved from Gran Destino Tower to Caribbean Beach Resort which I wasn't happy about but then again a hotel is a hotel, it's still moderate.

I just wanted to know if it's any good? I know that's a really broad question but I honestly have done basically no research into this hotel and booked it because it was cheapest.

On the positive side we got an extra day for around the same price so that's some conciliation.
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

It’s looks to be a beautiful resort (been watching a vlog with a couple who stayed there earlier this year) and it’s on the skyliner route.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

That is one thing I'm really happy about too, the skyliner is going to be a treat to use!
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Originally Posted by Duwsh View Post
That is one thing I'm really happy about too, the skyliner is going to be a treat to use!
That sells it for me too.
I would stay at the Yacht Club if funds allowed it, and if not I would choose Caribbean Beach for the sky liner. I’m hoping to stay there whenever we get the chance to rearrange this years soon to be cancelled trip.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

We stayed in november. Skyliner is so quick and easy and internal buses run frequently to and from the skyliner station. It is a big resort and we had a preferred room which made all the difference location wise so if poss request location close to main facilities but you will love the resort I'm sure wherever your room is.
travelbug0456 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at CBR for two weeks last May. We loved it! Nice resort, bright and beachy. Loved the quiet pool as our children are older. We also had a preferred room so very close to the food court etc. Skyliner wasn't open then but can't wait to go back and try it.
Have a fantastic time. 🙂
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

Glad to hear of so many positive experiences, I was worried but I think the pros outweigh the cons which I'm thankful for.

I'm honestly just happy we've still got a holiday!
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Old 2 Apr 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

Loved it. CBR to Hollywood studios in about 4 minutes via skyliner!

Not many great food options IMO, but you can walk to Riveria, or take the skyliner to Pop, Art, Hollywood Studios, Epcot and the Boardwalk area.
Old 3 Apr 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Following- we are going to be rebooking our holiday to a later date and I've been thinking of switching from port Orleans FQ to Caribbean beach for the skyliner! Cant bring myself to look into it yet as I've no idea when we will be able to go now- interesting to see peoples opinions tho!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We stayed the day they opened the new Old Port Orleans complex and were over in Jamaica with a view of the lake and the beach. We loved it and enjoyed the walk alongside the beach and over the bridge to the centre. Went back to have a look round last December and thought the access to the Skyliner added to the convenience of the resort. Will definitely stay there again.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List