Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
The DT factor is certainly a concern, but I can see a lot of countries going the same way as South Korea's 14 days quarantine for new arrivals - businesstraveller/bu...-from-april-1/

If you have any kind of handle on virus spread in your country - and in August still many tens of millions of people in the US won't have had it - then you absolutely don't want holidaymakers rocking up who could start spreading it again.

The only solution available then really is:

- Traveller has been tested and proven to have had the virus already so is considered "safe" to enter. There may be some sort of internationally-accepted Covid-19 certificate.

- Traveller can't prove they have had the virus so they have to go into quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. This is clearly impractical if you're taking a holiday.
Yep. I think the states will be in a real pickle then. But DT’s responses can be ... unusual. I think it’s a distinct possibility for him to take the ‘protect America’ stance though.

I’ve written off our plans for DH’s 50th end Oct/Nov. Do hope I’m wrong though.
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
What about if none of your party have had the virus, and the US demands all international travellers to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival?

Your flights run fine, your hotel(s) are open but when you land in the US you have to quarantine inside for 14 days?

What if some of your party HAVE had the virus and are considered "Covid-19 safe" to enter the US, but some of you aren't?

That's just one scenario - there are a huge number of situations that could mean "my flight is going so I'll be on it" but it could be considered unwise or not worthwhile to get on it.
On top of that, what if none of your party have had it and just say u get in the USA then u contract it over there. Then take a turn for the worse with a possible hospital stay.
That's when u hope your insurance is all good!
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Right now you don't have an Esta as they were all cancelled. Coronavirus is a communicable disease. There is a question about that on the Esta application and when you read the information on the front page of the Esta site, it sounds like it's going to changed slightly to ask if you've been in a country within 14 days known to have communicable disease activity. Insurance won't cover cancellation because you can't get an Esta.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

We've cancelled DLP in May and will no doubt cancel our October trip, not interested in booking anything until CV is under control and a vaccine is available.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Right now you don't have an Esta as they were all cancelled. Coronavirus is a communicable disease. There is a question about that on the Esta application and when you read the information on the front page of the Esta site, it sounds like it's going to changed slightly to ask if you've been in a country within 14 days known to have communicable disease activity. Insurance won't cover cancellation because you can't get an Esta.
Did they cancel all Estas or just only those who attempted to travel on it?
Old 3 Apr 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This is the Question . We got a trip planned for Sept 7 till 17 We all plan to go to Liverpool Cardiff and London before We just planning if will go heard who Knows .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

That is not true, all ESTAS have not been cancelled. Some have been possibly those who had done online check in or APIs but most have not.

Have just checked mine again and it is still valid until November 21.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Yep. I think the states will be in a real pickle then. But DT’s responses can be ... unusual. I think it’s a distinct possibility for him to take the ‘protect America’ stance though.

I’ve written off our plans for DH’s 50th end Oct/Nov. Do hope I’m wrong though.
Don't say that ! That's when we are going and all being well still hoping it'll go ahead. Ever the optimist.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re booked to go in early May which isn’t going to happen we also have a holiday booked with TUI to Lanzarote in October and we were thinking of changing it to Florida but I can’t see this going ahead either so doing nothing at the moment.
So answer to the OP no I wouldn’t book for September/ October this year
Old 3 Apr 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

My esta is still valid.