Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Feb 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Adding QSDP & DME to rented nights

I'm really happy I got a great deal on renting points for our final night stay at OKW and would like to add QSDP and book DME for our departure day but can't see how to on the website. Can I arrange these or do I need the DVC owner to do it? TIA
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tynxuk View Post
I'm really happy I got a great deal on renting points for our final night stay at OKW and would like to add QSDP and book DME for our departure day but can't see how to on the website. Can I arrange these or do I need the DVC owner to do it? TIA
The DVC Member has to add the Disney dining plan to the reservation, not sure with DME.

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I think the dinning plan has to be done via the owner. Last time we rented points we had to add dinning plan and Disney express for one of the bookings. That was 2 years ago but presume it's the same now.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Also remember that DVC pays for the dining plan in dollars which erodes what value there is in it.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes the owner has to arrange both as far as I know
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

I believe the DVC member cannot use their own credit card to purchase your dining plan, it has to be paid by someone named on the reservation. Therefore, like Davids rental's you can either give the member your credit card details or purchase disney gift cards. See dvcrequest/features/disney-dining-plan

There also might be an option to do a 3-way phone call, so you can give your CC details directly to member services.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

To be honest I wouldn’t bother. At $55 a person per night (over 9) one is struggling to get the money back, unless you want it for the cup and you were buying that anyway. But if you are there earlier you’ll have the cup anyway I imagine? If not, then it becomes worthwhile for a night but of course you don’t get much value out of a cup for one night and maybe better off just taking or buying drinks.
DDP is very hard to justify as a DVC owner or points user. This is why only about 20% of DVC owners get it (source. A poll on a DVC Facebook group that had 600 ish responses).
As an owner who once rented, I can confirm only the owner can book it, and you’d have to pass on the credit card details. Also the owner needs to book DME but of course that costs nothing and a renting owner will expect to receive that request. You’ll need your flight time and number.
The only time I’d ever consider DDP would be if splitting my party between 2 rooms on a short trip, and buying deluxe for one room only and splitting the credits.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

This is a good idea, thank you. I’m looking at a one night booking at beach club to use their pool. I know it’s a waste, but we have the points and got standard views in our other booking so saved points. So... I could just book the 2 off us in (only one child who really wants to go to the pool) and get 6 table service credits, is that right?

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
To be honest I wouldn’t bother. At $55 a person per night (over 9) one is struggling to get the money back, unless you want it for the cup and you were buying that anyway. But if you are there earlier you’ll have the cup anyway I imagine? If not, then it becomes worthwhile for a night but of course you don’t get much value out of a cup for one night and maybe better off just taking or buying drinks.
DDP is very hard to justify as a DVC owner or points user. This is why only about 20% of DVC owners get it (source. A poll on a DVC Facebook group that had 600 ish responses).
As an owner who once rented, I can confirm only the owner can book it, and you’d have to pass on the credit card details. Also the owner needs to book DME but of course that costs nothing and a renting owner will expect to receive that request. You’ll need your flight time and number.
The only time I’d ever consider DDP would be if splitting my party between 2 rooms on a short trip, and buying deluxe for one room only and splitting the credits.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
This is a good idea, thank you. I’m looking at a one night booking at beach club to use their pool. I know it’s a waste, but we have the points and got standard views in our other booking so saved points. So... I could just book the 2 off us in (only one child who really wants to go to the pool) and get 6 table service credits, is that right?
Under declaring occupancy is another possibility- if you don’t need fast passes etc. Yes this would be correct. The other child would not easily be able to get in the pool of course as they check Magic Bands, albeit it’s in reality easy to get someone not staying in via an exit gate or the water slide if you were so minded.
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Just the 2 off us would need entry to the pool, so that’s not a problem. Will need to have a look at menus and see if it’s worthwhile
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List