Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Mar 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Four Moretons Go West EASTER 2018 - Day 14 - Top Gun House, Outlets & Belmont Park

Day 14 - Saturday 6th April – Top Gun House & Carlsbad Premium Outlets

Last time we were in San Diego I regretted not going to check out all the Top Gun houses in and around the area, however this time I made sure we put it in our itinerary, and today was the day 😊.

Unfortunately, the forecast for the day wasn’t great, so we were pleasantly surprised when we woke up and it wasn’t too bad. We were not in a great rush so we enjoyed a relaxed breakfast while watching some premier league football. We ended up leaving the house at 9.45am which didn’t please Lee as Man Utd and Man City had just kicked off, but we don’t come on holiday to watch football, we do that for the other 350 days a year at home!

We filled up the car with fuel, pre-paid $50 but it filled at $48, I never went back in and got the $2, I wonder how many other people do that. For no particular reason the I-5 was quite slow this morning, very stop start. We managed to find the house easily, parking on the other hand was not so easy. There was a triathlon going on and a lot of roads had been closed off. I did manage to park up and get out of the car and take a few photos. Unfortunately, the fence surrounding the house made it hard to get some good shots. I can see why there is a plan in place to demolish the house although it is iconic, it is a bit of an eye sore. The boys didn’t have a clue what all the fuss was about but I was happy we came and saw the house.

It had clouded over a bit and looked like it was going to rain but that didn’t bother us as we going to the Outlets for a bit of shopping. The outlets are about 6-miles away from the house in Oceanside, so we were there in no time. We parked outside Adidas as it was a good reference point when we had to find the car later. We went in all the usual shops but the Carlsbad outlets were not as good as others we had visited. I did manage to get a couple of nice tops and a hoodie. Jacob picked up some football boots, Lucas got some trainers and Lee got a top from under armour. The biggest disappointment for me was the Disney store, no bargains at all.

We decided to grab some lunch at the outlets, Subway was the choice although Lucas was not keen so just had a Hagen Daz. From the outlets we decided to go to Walmart to top up our supplies at the house. We went to the Walmart on Showline Road which was massive, we were in there for ages. The boys spent some more of their pocket money and we got lots of sugary stuff for the house. Lee drove on the way back and my notes say that I was having kittens in the passenger seat. Lee and I have very different styles of driving and it is fair to say I am not the greatest passenger, any way we made it back unscathed.

We didn’t want to waste the rest of the day just sitting around so we headed off to the Mission Beach area to play mini golf at Belmont Park.

As normal it took us a while to find somewhere to park but luckily someone left while we were looking so, we were straight in there. The sun had now replaced the clouds and it was a lovely day. We paid $9 each to play Tiki Golf, unfortunately we were behind 6 Japanese people who had no concept of time or any idea how to play golf. They took forever to play every hole and didn’t let us play through. Many people skipped past them but they had to miss out holes. I was determined to play all 18 holes so we waited it out, much to Lucas’s annoyance, he is not the most patient of 6-year olds.

The actual course was very good with a mixture of easy and hard holes. Lucas loved climbing on the rocks around the course although he was gutted when he never won the $5 gift card on the 18th hole.
We then had a stroll around Belmont Park, we spent $10 in the arcade and managed to win quite a lot of tickets.

We decided on a take out for dinner which wasn’t the best choice, we went to Pizza Hut just off the Sports Arena Boulevard, Lee and Jacob went in and ordered but it took forever. Poor Lucas was starving but isn’t keen on Pizza and wanted a McDonalds which was just down the road. He was that hungry he ate his in the car, by the time we got back the Pizza was barely warm. Despite our dinner it had still been a great day. We watched Jurassic Park and Criminal Minds before going to bed.
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m still so gutted we forgot to go and see the Top Gun house even though we were actually staying in Oceanside! Definitely on the list for next time
It’s so annoying when you have slow people in front of you whilst playing mini golf, I’m like you though and insist on playing all 18 holes!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I’m still so gutted we forgot to go and see the Top Gun house even though we were actually staying in Oceanside! Definitely on the list for next time
It’s so annoying when you have slow people in front of you whilst playing mini golf, I’m like you though and insist on playing all 18 holes!
Oh dear you definitely missed out not seeing it, there are talks they are tearing it down - i hope you get to see it! i love that film "I feel the need...the need for speed! "
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List