Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
VA Fuming right now!

On the 10th of march I upgraded our seats from the bubble classic seats to premium for out bound. As our flight out and back was also changed to an earlier flight i had to pay for upgraded seats to premium for £263. And seats for in the front of the classic seats in the bubble at £118 for our return flight.
I was told from virgin holidays i would have to phone virgin atlantic about the refund for outbound and inbound flights on the later flights that has now been altered to earlier flights for the seats we had paid for as that's who i booked the bubble seats with when we got our reference number. This was also done straight after the phone call on the 10th march.

I emailed them friday asking for an update as to date we still haven't received the refund for our seats of £236 (£118 there and back) and need to pay off credit card.
I have just received an email back saying sorry for the delay. It will be under investigation and could take up to 90 days because of the current situation! I have just emailed back saying not good enough. This was requested before covid 19 kicked off in the UK and holidays was being cancelled.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif

Edited at 03:41 PM.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’m waiting for a refund from Air France for my Flybe flights in September. To be honest with everything going on at the moment I probably was going to wait a while before chasing. It must be a nightmare running an airline right now.

I know it must be frustrating for you and I sympathise but I guess they’ve been focused on rebooking flights.

Hopefully the 90 days is a worst case scenario and you’ll get it a lot quicker
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Im in the same boat as you, we flew back on 5th March, I expected an automatic refund of exit row seats I had paid for. I contacted Virgin and was told it would be 10 days, that was on the 9th March.

No refund received so emailed them last week to be told its going to be 90 days. Like you this was well before the crisis. Their excuse for this was Flybe going into administration ?

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
Im in the same boat as you, we flew back on 5th March, I expected an automatic refund of exit row seats I had paid for. I contacted Virgin and was told it would be 10 days, that was on the 9th March.

No refund received so emailed them last week to be told its going to be 90 days. Like you this was well before the crisis. Their excuse for this was Flybe going into administration ?
Your timescale is similar to mine, with Air France. Flybe going into admin was the initial shock and then the Coronavirus. I have no clue what it’s done to their workload but if it’s anything like where I work, they are likely coping with a reduced workforce with a huge influx in work. I guess patience is the best plan?
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Splatt
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Don’t you know there’s a war on?

Seat refund might be least of your worries if it goes belly up.
Splatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I think fuming over this in the grand scheme of the current situation is over reacting.
There are VA staff who may not have a job to go back to soon.

I have a PPI claim outstanding and keep getting a letter saying because of the high number of claims it's taking longer than they said - am I fuming ? No, yes its frustrating but it's not worth time and effort to chase them currently
Old 2 Apr 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
In the grander scale of things I may not have a job to go back to when this is all over either! And I still have a credit card bill outstanding that needs paying!
Am I fuming because I have just submitted within the last week and expect it in my bank now? No, I'm angry because I have been waiting nearly a month for the money to go into my account and was told when I submitted the refund request it would be within 5 to 10 days. This takes us to 20th March. I believe holidays was still flying out and taking part then so in my opinion, they are keeping hold of peoples money as long as possible in light of the situation. Especially being home for the next 11 weeks and my husband who is self employed is out of work until god knows when, money may not be an issue with you but £238 off my credit card bill is to me or go towards my rent as I dont have a 3 month mortgage holiday either.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

And I got my refund from BA within a week of my flights being cancelled - think I will stick with them for future flights too Richard Branson showing his true colours in all this mess
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I think fuming over this in the grand scheme of the current situation is over reacting.
There are VA staff who may not have a job to go back to soon.

I have a PPI claim outstanding and keep getting a letter saying because of the high number of claims it's taking longer than they said - am I fuming ? No, yes its frustrating but it's not worth time and effort to chase them currently
Totally disagree with you there, PPI claim is completely different, this is a refund that the customer is due immediately, the CC wont hold the payment for 90 days and the customer who may already be in financial difficulty will still have to pay the CC bill and potentially accrue interest.
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
In the grander scale of things I may not have a job to go back to when this is all over either! And I still have a credit card bill outstanding that needs paying!
Am I fuming because I have just submitted within the last week and expect it in my bank now? No, I'm angry because I have been waiting nearly a month for the money to go into my account and was told when I submitted the refund request it would be within 5 to 10 days. This takes us to 20th March. I believe holidays was still flying out and taking part then so in my opinion, they are keeping hold of peoples money as long as possible in light of the situation. Especially being home for the next 11 weeks and my husband who is self employed is out of work until god knows when, money may not be an issue with you but £238 off my credit card bill is to me or go towards my rent as I dont have a 3 month mortgage holiday either.
Completely with you on this one Gemma, VA will prob be holding onto your money anticipating money problems themselves due to the grounded flights, and yet BA are not doing this they processed my refund within a week.