Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 10, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

A little bit about our WDW Fairytale Wedding!

Hi Everyone,

I have been signed up to the Dibb for a while now and all I do is ask people questions! lol!
So I thought I would tell you all a bit about me, my hubby to be and our wedding plans!

My name is Carly, I am 23 and I work in a Children's centre here in Essex!
My fiancée is David who is 24 and a central heating manager.

We have been together since we were 16 & 17 years old, we celebrated our 7 year anniversary on 15th September this year and will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary by getting Married in the Disney Wedding Pavilion, Florida, on September 15th 2011!

So onto the engagement!

This year for the first time ever we decided to go and visit my family in Connecticut and spend a few days in New York City!

It was both our first time to the USA!

So it was the 28th June 2010

My friend was in NYC the same time as us so we met up with him and his friend for dinner. Dave had said he wanted to take me to the Empire State that evening! So while we were out for dinner I invited my friend, luckily for Dave they had already been that day!

After dinner it was about 11pm, I was soooo tired I wanted to go to bed, but Dave was determined we was going to the empire state building tonight! So we took a LONG walk to the Empire State, it was so beautiful all lit up!
We decided to pay a bit extra and go up to the 102nd Floor rather than the 86th.

While we was up there we were taking pictures and filming. After a little while I said 'can we go now I am so tired' Dave said no lets look out the window... there was a full moon...'I said aww how romantic'
Dave then said 'yer so romantic I need to ask you a question.' He then went on to say some really lovely things which are a bit of a blur now and pulled out a beautiful ring! I couldn't believe it

Of course I said yes and started crying!

We then went and had a pic taken... of course I had to buy the pic coz it had my ring in it!

So that's our story!

Next up our wedding plans, how we came to choose Disney and who is coming!

Sorry I know it was long and prob boring... but I ordered my dress yesterday and all the bridesmaid dresses, and today we got Daves waistcoat and tie... so I am all excited and wanted to share our story with you all!

Edited at 11:24 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 10, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Not boring in the slightest, i love reading other Disney brides storys & plans would love some photos though espcially of the ring and dress.

Your engagement story is lovely and very romantic, i just went to NY this june for the first time and we went up the Empire State building late one night and it was so lovely up there.
Look forward to hearing all your weddign plans and why you picked Disney, oh and of coursre all the details on your dress. Congratulations on ordering it
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 10, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Aww hi Carly. That was a really lovely story, a proposal you'll never forget.

Its also nice to know a bit about you both. We have also been together since we were 16 and 17 and have been together 17 years this year.

I look forward to hearing all about your plans. Enjoy your planning, it flys by trust me!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 10, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooo how exciting, can't wait to read all about the wedding plans xxx
Old 27 Sep 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

lovely story, how romantic good luck with your planning x
Old 27 Sep 10, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Aahh thats so sweet and romantic
Old 27 Sep 10, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
How very romantic of your DFi. I am looking forward to reading about your wedding plans.
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 10, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Everyone, thanks for all your kind comments!
So we started looking at venues in Essex and we found one which was very nice and only £1,500 to hire the hall, which once I had been quoted 5grand for room hire I thought was fantastic, then we priced food up and it was £3,500 just for 50 people to eat! I thought that was a joke (maybe I am being tight) lol!
So then we decided to start looking abroad, as soon as we got the brochures I was set on the USA, originally I wanted to get married in Hawaii! But that was £7,500 (well the place I wanted to stay was, lol)
When we carried on looking, I found Disney Fairytale Weddings in the virgin holidays brochure. As soon as I saw the lady in the white dress in front of the castle I was set THAT WAS IT! We looked in to it and decided that was the one! The Disney Wedding Pavilion!
My family was over the moon they can't wait to jump on the plane to Florida, Daves family have taken a bit of convincing but they have said they will come (I hope they do!)

Anyone know how to upload photos? I have a pic of the ring to put on, also I have a pic of the bridesmaid and flower girl dresses!

So on to the wedding plans.

We are in Florida a week before the wedding, and we are getting married at Disney wedding Pavilion on Sept 15th 2011, at either 2.30 or 5.30pm - Not sure which yet please help!

We are staying for the duration of our holiday at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort! So excited to go there!

People coming - sorry I dont know any of the short hand ways to put this

Me - Bride
David - Groom
Sharon - Mother of the bride
Brett - My little bro 14yrs - Grooms-men
Sean - My big bro 26yrs - Walking me down the aisle
Emily - Seans gf
Charlene - My big sis 24yrs - Chief bridesmaid
Ben - Charlenes bf
Roisin - My lil sis 19yrs - Chief bridesmaid
(couldnt pick between my 2 sisters)
Tom - Roisins bf

Hopefully we will also have Daves mum, dad and sister Kate but they are still unsure if they are coming or not. Dont think they like the fact we not having a wedding in England.

The rest of the guests are flying from NY to Florida

Aunty Val
Tanya (my cousin)
Megan - 11yrs - Bridesmaid
Max - 8yrs - Ring bearer
Carly
Riley - will be 1 this wed, so will b nearly 2 at the wedding - Flower girl!

We have booked the Escape wedding package, I am so excited I literally cannot wait!

We are having a civil ceremony in Disney and when we come home we are going to have a 2nd ceremony in a catholic church (I am catholic)
which is called a con validation of marriage and then we will have a big party! And I get to wear my dress again!

The dress - miasolano/gallerydeta...27&subcat_id=0

What do you think?

So not sure what time to have the wedding in disney or where to have the meal after, was thinking the poly, coz I wana watch the fireworks somewhere 2, oh and stay in my dress all night! lol!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Old 27 Sep 10, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

wow it all sounds fantastic and the dress looks fab congratulations xxx
Old 27 Sep 10, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Love all your plans! Thanks for sharing and your dress is just fairytale! gorgeous! Love hearing about other brides weddings!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread