Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Dec 17, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

It just depends how important re-sale is to you. It would reduce the number of buyers if you wanted to sell, especially if they find it hard to imagine a bath in the space. However, that doesn't mean that you wouldn't find a buyer at all; some people wouldn't mind. Alternatively, you may decide to fit a cheap bath if you wanted to sell.

I assume you don't intend to move in the near future, so you could probably go ahead and fit the shower now and sort out the re-sale issues some time nearer to when you want to move.

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My cousin didn't have a bath in his house and he just couldn't sell it. His house was lovely and had a nice bathroom but it was the sort of house that attracts families and the one sticking point every time was no bath.

In the end he did as advised, re-did the bathroom fitted a bath put the house on the market and it sold quickly.

Personally it wouldn't bother me in the slightest , none of us use the bath now but we did when the kids were younger.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

It wouldn’t bother me as we all tend to have showers but as it is a family sized home it may be a deal breaker for someone with very young children. If you haven’t got the room for a bath have you thought about a Japenese Tub? They are really lovely to have a bath in.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

I rarely have a bath, but I would still want one in my my house. Unless the bathroom was something I was likely to redo anyway, I would not buy a house without a bath, I would definitely be factoring a bathroom refit into any offer I would make.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Years ago when we were renovating an old bathroom, the plumber that did the work advised us against loosing the bath (we wanted a walk in shower) he said if you decide to sell families will always want a bath
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowgirl
Very Serious Dibber

Had a bath for years only used it when the children were little. Once they started showering the bath was never used and we took it out and replaced it with a nice big walk in shower.

No regrets for us, personally I hate having a bath, but I can see why some people may be reluctant to purchase a house without a bath.
Old 12 Dec 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

If the house ticked all of the other boxes then I wouldn't worry about a bath, it doesn't cost that much against the price of a house. We got rid of ours years ago.
Old 12 Dec 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It wouldn't bother me having no bath as I struggle to get in and out of the bath due to the problems I have bending my knees.
DH does prefer to have a bath though
Old 12 Dec 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If I really loved everything else about the house, road, area etc then yes, I would buy a house with no bath even though I love having a bath. The shower room/wet room would have to be truly luxurious and large though.
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I love baths after a long day at work so it would be a turn off for me, I Think when I'm ill I always feel better after One Too so it would be a game changer and Id Be turned off regardless of whether your property had everything else.
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List