Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolalove
Getting to know the DIBB

Upgrading/swapping to annual passes

Sorry if this has been asked a lot on here but could someone please explain the rough costs involved with changing my 14 day ultimate combo (every park but discovery cove) ticket off Florida tix to an annual pass in both Disney and universal (once we get there in October)? Thank you
Lolalove is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok first off ignore the "Combo" part as all it is , is Florida Tix has grouped together passes from different companies & are selling them as a "package". Next question , why do you think that you need to upgrade? Upgrade costs are basically calculated the same way- "They" value your current pass then subtract that value from the cost of the AP. In the case of Disney, depending on your reasoning, you are near enough cheaper buying 2 14 day Ultimates than 1 AP- it's all down to the discounts & parking if you need it.
Universal, is dependent of whether you want Volcano Bay as well plus what level of AP you want- some don't include Free Parking, blackout dates etc
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolalove
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Ah thanks I’ve just seen some people say they want to upgrade to an annual pass then people sometimes correct them and say you don’t upgrade you kind of just change to an annual pass there’s no upgrade. Thanks for the advice thinking of going to Florida twice next year so it may work out best for us I think - makes sense now!
Lolalove is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lola of the 2 I believe UAP is the better deal, I just feel that Disney increasing their AP by $150 just doesn't give you the same value & really you're looking at 3 holidays for value.
To give you an idea:
2019/2020 14 Day Ultimate = £845 if you were to buy direct from Disney today
Platinum Plus AP =$1200+tax=$1278:1.20/£ = £1065
So you are looking at £220 worth of Free parking/discounts to break even. Another important thing to note, if you are offsite you can only "Hold" a maximum of 7 days worth of FP+ at any one time
HTH SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lolalove View Post
Ah thanks I’ve just seen some people say they want to upgrade to an annual pass then people sometimes correct them and say you don’t upgrade you kind of just change to an annual pass there’s no upgrade.
That would be annoying pedantic people like me!

What happens is that you swap your 14-day ticket for an Annual pass and pay the difference in price between the two. Most people tend to refer to this as "upgrading" the ticket but, in effect, you are swapping the ticket. It's all the same thing really.

As mentioned the Florida Tix Ultimate Combo is actually 3 different tickets sold at one price. You'll get a ticket for the Disney parks, a different ticket for the Universal parks, and another ticket for the Seaworld parks. If you want to "upgrade" them all to annual passes you'll have to do it at each of the 3 different park companies.

The price to upgrade/swap depends on the Annual Pass you choose. For Universal there are 6 different APs (I think). For Disney there are two types - one including waterparks and one without. As an example, the price to upgrade to the Disney Platinum Plus annual pass is going to be about $650 (I think?). Whereas upgrading/swapping a Universal ticket to one of their annual passes is significantly less and therefore more appealing. I believe you can upgrade a 3-Park Universal ticket to a 3-Park Seasonal Annual Pass for only around $80.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:53 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List