Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Correct, but you don't get the unlimited full image storage that you get with the Pixel phones. That I believe was the point being made.

You get a limited amount of storage free, as with iCloud. This applies to non Pixel Android phones as well as iPhones.
IPhones get unlimited storage of any photos up to 16 megapixels with the Google Photos app. The IPhone 11 takes 12 megapixel photos. Therefore you can store an unlimited amount of photos on Google Photos from an iPhone.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Picked up my 11 Pro from the Apple Store today. Fairly painless process, they had a pretty well organised queue outside with one queue for walk ins and one queue for pick ups. The store itself was complete madness though - combination of it being the weekend and everyone wanting to see the new iPhones in store!

Looking at the demo models in store - I must say the purple (or lavender?) and green (which looks like sea blue to me) iPhone 11 phones look incredibly beautiful. I'm not sure I would get a phone in such a colour, having always had white/grey/black phones for the last 10+ years, but they do look very pretty.

Have spent the rest of the day transferring stuff across from my iPhone X. Thankfully fairly painless with most things transferring automatically from iCloud backup, but I did have to enter passwords for a few apps/items (easy with iCloud keychain), re-pair my Apple Watch, and re-download my music/videos. Still waiting to re-download my photos which might take a while.

Really looking forward to the improved battery life. My iPhone X tells me that over the last 10 days I've been using about 120-160% of its battery each day (having to charge it midway through the day and walk around with a portable battery). Am hoping this 11 Pro might last me the whole day!
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I went at 10 o’clock and there was no queue. I had them transfer my data as I was handing in my old phone. That took about 20 minutes. All Pretty straightforward.

I went for Red . I considers lilac but I thought it was a bit pale. I like the stronger colour.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I see a fair offer via Martin Lewis, so have ordered the 128G base model on a 2 yr contract as them extra lenses don’t interest me having a proper camera as I do 😄
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

I took the plunge and got the iPhone 11 yesterday - went for the green one and I love it! Didn't reserve or anything, just popped into the apple store and they had them available from stock.

I know a lot of people are saying there wasn't a big enough jump for them to be tempted but I upgraded from an iPhone 6 (which had done me very well but battery was beginning to fail) so there are some really big differences for me!

I've never bought the brand new model before - usually go for one of the older ones when the new ones get released and the prices drop but the difference between them didn't seem to make that as worthwhile this time, I would never normally spend that kind of money on a phone so i've told DH not to buy me anything for xmas or birthday (other than maybe a box of my fav chocs) as there's really nothing I need and i'd rather have a new phone than lots of bits and pieces - Christmas is about the kids for me anyway - I think he's just happy that he doesn't have to come up with any ideas now
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Maybe, wonder what the features would be this time as the 7 Pro has all of the features the McLaren 6T had and more.
Seen specs and prices out, £799 for new McLaren.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep, colour,.memory and slightly faster charging are the main difference again.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I got an iPhone 11 this week. Finally switched from Vodafone after about twenty years (who have repeatedly offered the worst deals ever for the last few years) and changed to sky. I have switched from an old iPhone SE which never had any battery so I’m very happy! ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List