Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

This has actually bought a tear to my eye. Feel free to rant! What is wrong with some parents? Sending an RSVP takes only a minute these days with messenger, text, what app. Why on earth weren’t they ensuring their child did reply or reply themselves? I truly hope your son finds one or two real friends and enjoys his spare time with them rather than the others. X
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
At least you managed to salvage things and sounds like your son still had a great day. A lot of people these days just have no manners as to senda quick text would have at least been better than not turning up but do not take them not coming as a snub to your son at all.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
People are let downs, don’t say you are coming if you’re not. In future I would arrange days out for birthdays just as a family. My dd birthday is in August and kids have always let her down. She wants a 18th party in August and I’m still thinking what if we arrange it and nobody comes. My boys used to cinema or play centre parties and always a few didn’t come. I then only did them in the house so if some didn’t show it didn’t matter. I hope you son had a good birthday anyway.
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

So sorry for your son I hope he enjoyed his birthday I hope he was not too disappointed. I wish it was just children which did this but adults are as bad. I worked with a woman when she was getting married invited the whole team, I was going away so she know that I was away but still sent RVSP to declined so her parents know that me and DH would not be attending, what made me feel sad was the rest of the team all said they were going only to not one of them went to the reception.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter is 8 and autistic and we have similar issues except we have parties and they come, have fun, have a great time. Yet never invite my little girl. Same goes for play dates. I host a lot but it’s bever reciprocated. Shes only ever had two play dates.
She’s now realising and noticing. These children play with her at school, seem to like her but I think its the parents who don’t want her. Just this week, two parties, all in the circle of friends are invited except my daughter.
I sometimes hate people. Shes a lovely girl, at times a little quirky and loud but has a kind heart.
So rant away. I hope your son had a good birthday and school was ok today x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List