Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 19 May 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm not sure if I'm allowed on here as our plans for our wedding have moved from Florida to Texas. We had a short list of Florida venues but I then found my perfect chapel in Texas! So we aren't doing a trip to narrow the Florida shortlist after all ... sometimes you just see something and KNOW.

It's a bit more complicated as Texas makes you wait 72 hours after getting the licence so we may end up with a stopover in Dallas or Houston on our way to Florida to get the licence .

So it's a bit of shuffling around but looks like it's one night in Texas then fly on to Florida 5nts at AKL then back to Texas for 3 nights for the wedding and return to Florida for a week in a villa and then a cruise before flying home. Might drop the first night in Texas but I'd rather know we have the licence sorted in advance (unlike Florida it has to be done in person). A lot of faffing but I absolutely fell in love with the chapel and location (Google Chapel Dulcinea to see why) but still want Florida

Edited at 09:22 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Osceola Court House for me next Friday and then straight on to MK after a quick change.

I am not parading around MK in a suit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We are getting married at paradise cove 22nd may 2018 booked through elegant weddings There will be about 20 of us, after the ceremony we are going to Seasons 52 for a nice meal and we are spending our wedding night at the Waldorf (hoping for an updgrade if I'm turning up in my dress haha)

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRella
slightly serious Dibber

PrincessRella's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
We are getting married at paradise cove 22nd may 2018 booked through elegant weddings There will be about 20 of us, after the ceremony we are going to Seasons 52 for a nice meal and we are spending our wedding night at the Waldorf (hoping for an updgrade if I'm turning up in my dress haha)
You are only a couple of months after me at the same venue How is your planning going so far? Oh yes i'm hoping for upgrades too, I am trying to think of subtle ways to let our hotel know in advance of check-in
PrincessRella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRella
slightly serious Dibber

PrincessRella's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm not sure if I'm allowed on here as our plans for our wedding have moved from Florida to Texas. We had a short list of Florida venues but I then found my perfect chapel in Texas! So we aren't doing a trip to narrow the Florida shortlist after all ... sometimes you just see something and KNOW.

It's a bit more complicated as Texas makes you wait 72 hours after getting the licence so we may end up with a stopover in Dallas or Houston on our way to Florida to get the licence .

So it's a bit of shuffling around but looks like it's one night in Texas then fly on to Florida 5nts at AKL then back to Texas for 3 nights for the wedding and return to Florida for a week in a villa and then a cruise before flying home. Might drop the first night in Texas but I'd rather know we have the licence sorted in advance (unlike Florida it has to be done in person). A lot of faffing but I absolutely fell in love with the chapel and location (Google Chapel Dulcinea to see why) but still want Florida
Oh wow how amazing, have just googled your chapel - beautiful!
And of course you are welcome Seems like you have all the travel sorted which is great, when are you booking your flights?
Have you any cruises in mind? We found a lovely Carribean cruise setting off from Miami but it just didn't work with our flight dates which was annoying - we've gone for a week in Mexico a couple weeks after we return from the wedding now instead.
PrincessRella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessRella View Post
You are only a couple of months after me at the same venue How is your planning going so far? Oh yes i'm hoping for upgrades too, I am trying to think of subtle ways to let our hotel know in advance of check-in
Oh really! You will have to tell me all about it afterwards! I haven't done much really 😂 I've booked our restaurant for afterwards and I've started dress shopping but haven't bought one yet. & the wedding planner has recently sent me all the flower/cake choices etc so I need to decide on them too! How is yours going?

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Getting married in 15 days! at the Swan and Dolphin.

Venue: Swan and Dolphin West Courtyard (through Just Marry)
Reception: STK - Disney Springs
Photography: Beth Rowans and her Husband
Cake: It's Tasty Too
Officiant: Lon Tosi - Sensational Ceremony's
Flowers: Raining Roses

We also used Married By Mail to get our wedding license, Diane was excellent and it really takes away the worry of having to sort it once you arrive in Florida.

So we have everything organised now (I think) and happy to answer any questions, and I'll be doing a photo trippy and my fiancee will be vloging on her channels as well.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cally73
Apprentice Imagineer

Not exactly a wedding, but renewing our wedding vows as it's our silver wedding anniversary. Ceremony will be Aug 20th 2018 at Daytona beach. We got married in the UK in a church and my dh always wanted to go off and get married on a beach. So, that is what we are now planning, just the two of us and our children.
Old 1 Jun 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BeatrixPlotter
Earning More Ears

So glad I found this thread! We're getting married in The Secret Garden, just the two of us, and planning on spending the day in the parks to get as many photos as possible! I want a ride on the ToT (my favourite ride ever), and photos in the Harry Potter sections of Universal. Other half wants to meet Star Wars characters and do the Raptor Encounter, LOL. It's going to be busy but I think we can do it?!

Not sure about dinner yet, I was thinking about booking Be Our Guest but I'm open to suggestions

I'm having my dress made too, I wanted something slightly more lightweight because of the heat. Everything I saw when shopping was covered in lace and looked HEAVY. I've gone for a 50's style dress that's going to be very simple, but that's more my style anyway. We're looking to buy other half's suit in the January sales .
BeatrixPlotter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gartland87
Very Serious Dibber

Hi

We are having a Disney Escape wedding and are getting married at the wedding pavillion on the 4th September 17.

Other than paying the balance and making the final choice on the cake flavours I think everything else is pretty much set, oh I also still need to lose a stone and half before the final dress fitting in 8 weeks

Our guests consist of our two children, my Mother and of course Minnie & Mickey

After the wedding we are spending our Honeymoon at the Grand Floridian Villas for 4 nights and then a 3 night Disney cruise

We also have a Magic Kingdom park shoot booked!

It's starting to close and I'm started to feel very excited xx
gartland87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List