Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Mar 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile Taking a newly adopted child

Evening All

Our adoption process is due to complete imminently and the child is already booked to come with us to Orlando in May 😯😯

We have no idea if they have any experience of Disney characters/films etc as we have limited info on their past.

We aren’t planning on telling them we are going until pre-travel day when we set off for the airport, so he anyone got any ideas of how we can get them into Disney within an 8 week period 😬😬
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Disney films help
Rachv is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

The new dumbo film is out end of this month.
Rachv is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

How old are they?
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

How old is the child? My daughter is adopted but we got her at birth so didn't have this kind of issue. Have they not had settling in periods staying with you yet? Is it something you could speak to foster parents about as I know my friend who has fostered would be very helpful with this. Personally I would never surprise a child with such a trip especially a newly adopted one. My friend had one foster child from birth to 2 years. When she was finally adopted she was very attached to her suitcase for ages as she thought it was temporary. A surprise holiday could be very unsettling.
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t got a clue.
But i would like to say congratulations to you all

what a lovey thread to read x
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm trying to answer here without being too negative I probably wouldn't wait to tell him/her, you are adding a pretty over whelming experience into an unknown quantity. Age? Ever been on holiday before? Fear of flying ? Whilst not the same I can tell you our experience of taking 15 year (DS' GF at the time)- who had never been on holiday anywhere, she just had a complete "meltdown", first day, just sensory overload.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

"The child" Do you have a son or a daughter? I wouldn't even attempt it.
Just my opinion.
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
"The child" Do you have a son or a daughter? I wouldn't even attempt it.
Just my opinion.
It’s not uncommon to limit information to the bare minimum in adoption cases. Especially new ones. The gender of said child doesn’t alter anyone’s replies and isn’t pertinent to the outcome.
Old 3 Mar 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Obviously can’t put too much on here but waiting to tell him as been at recommendation of current foster carers whom he’s been with for about a year and has excelled in everything since being with them.

He’s never been abroad before so it is something we’re going to have to be careful about but hopefully he’ll love the whole experience
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List