Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Mar 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
WBTA 15/09/2019 any info on Dover

Hi after finally booking our flight home and actually paying the cruise off early we now need to sort out staying at Dover for one night... anyone got any recommendations on Dover hotels or B/B's... quick look tells me that the Best Western Plus is already booked out for the 14th and is there a lot to do there as can make it 2 nights or just stick to the idea of 1 night in London and 1 in Dover as travelling down on train from Newcastle to Kings Cross then train to Dover.
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

My dd and I stayed in the Travel lodge last year for our transatlantic. It was brand new, opened in June I think? It's in a new retail development with shops and cinema in the middle of Dover. It was about 7 minutes by taxi from the port. Basic as they are but obviously spot less and the staff were great. Book a taxi the day before though as there were long waits?

Dover castle is worth a visit but we just did the one night.
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

There’s also a Premier Inn just round the corner from the new Travelodge. The Premier Inn on York Way is ideal for Kings Cross/St Pancras if you stay overnight in London en route.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

The PI was nice when we stayed. In October, opposite the port so very handy
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Mobile

Hi thanks for this... so is there much to do for 2/3 days at Dover? or just stay the one night before the cruise?
Old 24 Mar 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We always use a premier inn for overnight stays in Dover. There isn't a great deal to do, I'd just do the one night.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Hi thanks for this... so is there much to do for 2/3 days at Dover? or just stay the one night before the cruise?
Go to Canterbury Kev, much nicer than Dover and more to see/do.
You can just get the train down in the morning or book a cab (Langleys of Canterbury will help).

We put our friends in the Castle B&B, it's a 10 min walk into the city so a little cheaper than the Premier Inns etc and same distance away.

Canterbury has tourist stuff, theatre, modern shops, quaint independent shops, history, cathedral, castle ruins (right opposite that B&B) plus more. Honestly, there's no need to stay in Dover at all.
If you get stuck on the Saturday morning, I'll come get you!
Joa

ETA: I'll be in Florida, I can't come get you, sorry! Also, forget about London - go straight from Kings X to St Pancras across the road and get the train to Canterbury! Stay there for 2 nights instead.
Churchill B&B or Prem Inn if you do decide on Dover though.

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Go to Canterbury Kev, much nicer than Dover and more to see/do.
You can just get the train down in the morning or book a cab (Langleys of Canterbury will help).

We put our friends in the Castle B&B, it's a 10 min walk into the city so a little cheaper than the Premier Inns etc and same distance away.

Canterbury has tourist stuff, theatre, modern shops, quaint independent shops, history, cathedral, castle ruins (right opposite that B&B) plus more. Honestly, there's no need to stay in Dover at all.
If you get stuck on the Saturday morning, I'll come get you!
Joa

ETA: I'll be in Florida, I can't come get you, sorry! Also, forget about London - go straight from Kings X to St Pancras across the road and get the train to Canterbury! Stay there for 2 nights instead.
Churchill B&B or Prem Inn if you do decide on Dover though.
Thanks Joa
sounds like a much better Idea and much more to do for a couple of nights... so is that the Castle House Hotel? castlehousehotel/en-GB/homepage
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Thanks Joa
sounds like a much better Idea and much more to do for a couple of nights... so is that the Castle House Hotel? castlehousehotel/en-GB/homepage
Yep that’s the one.
It’s Longleys for taxis if you don’t want to get a train to Dover (not Langleys as I said before).
If I was here I’d come pick you both up, sorry
Old 26 Mar 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Thanks Joa you don't have to apologise as you have a great excuse FLORIDA! lol

I could have PM'd you with this question, but thought its best to ask questions on here to maybe help others with advice on various things regarding DCL. And I will have a few more questions later as its 2015 since we did DCL