Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile You don’t know what’s round the corner.

I have contemplated posting this for the past few days but it’s been too upsetting.
My middle son plays rugby, started at 6 and my husband is one of the coaches for the team. They are a very close nit team, train together twice a week, play once a week plus other get togethers.
One of my sons team mates who has also been in the team since he was 6 (so you can imagine how close they all are) has got cancer, tumour being his eye. The tumour was discovered after he went blind in one eye and it has now been confirmed as cancer.
It’s just devastating, he is 13, just about to start year 9. My husband and I are so upset, my son is confused.
There is one of those pages set up to raise some money so that mum can be off work and travel (hospital is about 40 mins away)
There has been wonderful messages from professional rugby players.
He is one of our best players, a great team member, fantastic friend.
You just never think this will happen. You never know what’s round the corner. Just heartbreaking
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

That's so sad. You are right. You never know what each day will bring. Sending hugs.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I am so sorry to read this, and it would be devastating enough for anyone, let alone such a young lad. Fingers crossed it will be contained and he will have no other problems.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so sorry to read this.

It especially hits hard when it’s a child - particularly when you have one of the same/similar age also.

I don’t really have any words.

Could you maybe pm me the link to donate? I can’t even imagine the trauma his family are going through, without needing to worry about money on top.

Sending lots of love x
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

So very sorry to hear this. Xx
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to read this. What a devastating time for everyone.

My son's friend developed a brain tumour when he was 13 and unfortunately passed away less than a year later. It really upset me at the time as I felt so sorry for the boy and his family. I hope your son's friend beats this and is back playing rugby again with his friends before too long.
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

I am so sorry to hear this.
It's an evil disease and indiscriminate, no wonder your son is confused. My thoughts and best wishes are with him, his friend, his friends family and the rest of the team.

With regard to not knowing what is coming around the corner, that is so true. I lost a friend last week age 26. Fit and healthy. Went to bed and just never woke up. It's incomprehensible. There have been so many touching and challenging stories on here too.

I have decided I need to consciously celebrate each day in some way; to recognise my blessings and ensure those close to me know they are loved.

The sad thing is that I will really only manage this for a couple of weeks until I find myself running around my hamster wheel mindlessly again. Until the next tragedy happens and I am reminded again to cherish what I have.

Sorry for long ramble. Your post just really crystallised what I have been thinking.

Edited at 10:08 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

What terribly sad news, my thoughts are with his poor family, I can understand why you are so upset x
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

So sad , my best wishes to him and his family
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

Floridatilly you must be very local to me. Alot of my friends whose boys play for the same team or other local teams have been posting this on Facebook. Sending my prayers and thoughts to the young lad, his family and the rugby family xx

Edited at 11:03 AM.
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List