Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Sep 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Did I really save this much?

When we originally booked our holiday the hotel only included Quick Service and I paid from memory £800 and something to upgrade the plan to Table Service.

I kept a note of the costs of the meals and they total £2556.78 on Table Service meals (not including any tips). Does that mean I really did save around £1700 by upgrading.

Or am I missing something here

Edited at 01:27 PM.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry I am wondering now if I paid more than £800, I can't find a breakdown on the original invoice so I am going to have to dig a bit deeper, I though the saving would be a lot less in fact I thought it would be the other way round.

Just found the original breakdown, my mistake - I paid £1080 to upgrade still a big saving

Edited at 01:27 PM.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

That's the beauty of the free DDP! I did save over £1k in 2 weeks last time after upgrading from free QSDP to DDP, and had some amazing meals too.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Did u really though? If you were paying would you have had table service all the time?
We are staying offsite and dont intend having tableservice in any parks as think wastes time, be a snack on the go!
Still though if this is what you like then yes you have a cracking deal.
Im stressing out about fastpasses never mind what sort of food i want on what day and what time 🤣
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Did u really though? If you were paying would you have had table service all the time?
We are staying offsite and dont intend having tableservice in any parks as think wastes time, be a snack on the go!
Im stressing out about fastpasses never mind what sort of food i want on what day and what time 🤣
Of course not, out of pocket I would have mostly quick service and a couple table service restaurants. The upgrade from free QSDP to DDP enabled me to have normal table service restaurants and signature restaurants throughout my stay at minimal prices. It's a lot of food, but I'm not complaining!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Is that for 2A + 2C for 14 days - or some other combination?
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

You’re only making a saving if you’d have stayed in that hotel and eaten in those restaurants regardless. I see people paying more for hotels and then saying they’ve eaten for free or made a saving but when you work out how much more you’ve spent on accommodation have you really made a saving?
Old 1 Sep 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I am not sure what you mean by 'did you really', I paid out $1300 for something and got $2556 of it in return. Next time we are going to price up where we want to eat and if its less than the upgrade then we will pay OOP if not then we will upgrade again.

We never find that the meals impact on our time, we usually ate in the park we were in that day, we ate at the same time as at home and our meals averaged 60-75 mins, we never felt rushed and it was good to get out of the heat and have a sit down and a chill for a while.

I know what you mean about the FP though this gave me no end of stress before we went and then throughout the whole three weeks we were never able to get any further FP after our initial three so had to be very careful what we chose in the first place.

The only one I managed to alter on the go during this time was Living with Land.
Old 1 Sep 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Is that for 2A + 2C for 14 days - or some other combination?
That was for four adults (my two children are classed as adult on the DDP) for 15 nights.

Both children ate of the adult menu and were more than happy with the choices of meals (quantity never fazed them either) other than burgers, hotdogs and pizza.

I do think that Disney should just offer one menu to all and do half portions for the younger children.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
Old 1 Sep 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
You’re only making a saving if you’d have stayed in that hotel and eaten in those restaurants regardless. I see people paying more for hotels and then saying they’ve eaten for free or made a saving but when you work out how much more you’ve spent on accommodation have you really made a saving?
But when I checked before and after the DDP offer the price was the same, of course if you are staying offsite then you would not only save on the cost of the hotel but eating as well. We wanted to stay onsite so why not take advantage of the hotel price with DDP included. The portion I was talking about was the price we paid to include Table Service Restaurants and I ended up having to leave some restaurants out as we didn't have enough credits so its not like we were forced to choose places to eat that we didn't want to go to.