Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

BA flights showing RED ?

So logged into Manage my booking and was shown a warning regarding the upcoming strike action.

Our flight out is 13th September 3 days after planned strike on 10th.
And flight home is 28th September 1 day after 27th strike day, this flight may be effected if the plane does not leave London Heathrow on the 27th.

My problem is 3 of my flights have changed from being in Blue text to RED text any one know why this is ?
Could it mean these 3 flights may be effected ?

Edited at 02:56 AM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I can’t answer your question directly, but to confirm that my outbound flight is showing red for the 26th September, so the day before the strike. Not sure why, we managed to get hold of ba on Twitter who said the flight is still scheduled and should still go ahead, but I assume there is still a possibility of delays/disruption. Won’t know until about two weeks out.

Give them a tweet or a call if you’ve got a spare hour, hope you get some solid news.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
I can’t answer your question directly, but to confirm that my outbound flight is showing red for the 26th September, so the day before the strike. Not sure why, we managed to get hold of ba on Twitter who said the flight is still scheduled and should still go ahead, but I assume there is still a possibility of delays/disruption. Won’t know until about two weeks out.

Give them a tweet or a call if you’ve got a spare hour, hope you get some solid news.
Thanks for that, they are still scheduled as normal and if any changes I will receive a message is all I can get.
I guess the flights that are red means they could be effected but not yet.

I do not mind so much staying an extra day out there but do not want my outbound effected.

Fingers crossed
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Red means they may be affected in someway, possible delays due to knock effect of aircraft out of position, that sort of thing.

Only really worry when its struck through as that means its been cancelled.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
So logged into Manage my booking and was shown a warning regarding the upcoming strike action.

Our flight out is 13th September 3 days after planned strike on 10th.
And flight home is 28th September 1 day after 27th strike day, this flight may be effected if the plane does not leave London Heathrow on the 27th.

My problem is 3 of my flights have changed from being in Blue text to RED text any one know why this is ?
Could it mean these 3 flights may be effected ?
Here’s mine at the top my first flight is in black, then at bottom both flights in red, I presume they mean both at risk, I’m in a constant state of panic & Hubbie is chilled, what with drones now just to add to the mix
Think they will contact us on the 12th when we are at Heathrow hotel overnight

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Both Connections on 12th in Red, managed to get an answer on Twitter, after 5 days, that my flights are still scheduled to go ahead.Like everyone else who isn't on a confirmed "strike day" I'm hoping that proves to be the case.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Our return flight was showing red, and it turned out that they had changed our seats.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Red means they may be affected in someway, possible delays due to knock effect of aircraft out of position, that sort of thing.

Only really worry when its struck through as that means its been cancelled.
Oh no do not want to see that then.
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
Our return flight was showing red, and it turned out that they had changed our seats.
Seats still appear to be in place,
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My flight on the 12th is showing in red too. I'm of the opinion (rightly or wrongly!) that they have done this in case some passengers decide to change their flights and therefore free up seats for people who have actually had their flights cancelled.

I've decided not to worry about it

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List