Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

When the door opens at the top of TOT you get a fabulous view of the area so it is worth going on the ride. First time I rode it was not keen but do enjoy going on it now.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I love ToT ,have considered doing Hulk but that’s as far as I get 😂.

Well done you for facing your fears.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Love TOT I think the theming is great and the build up is worse than the actual drops imo. Rip Rocket and The Hulk are two of my favourite coasters now. I used to be terrified of going on them and once I did I became a proper adrenaline junkie and can't get enough of them.

Edited at 08:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I would rather ride Mission Space “ orange queue” than go back on ToT! I don’t know why and can’t really explain why that is but it’s true...that’s one ride I could do all day long and not get bored or sick on it😉🤪
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Always bottle Rip Ride Rocket, that climb at the start! Has anyone braved it, did you like it or regret it! Love Hulk and TOT though.
I’ve done this 2or 3 times, the ride isn’t that scary although the ascent is quite strange, however the ride is really rough, this year I found it really unpleasant so only went on it once.
I like the Hulk, less keen on ToT as I’m not big on drop rides!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I think different people like or dislike the different sensations that each type of ride produces.
My dh gradually built up a real rush for going on the big coasters - he does them all. On our very first visit he and the kids went on mission space (there was only 1 option then) and it ruined him! The kids both felt a little queasy but dh was lay down on Ellen’s dream and was off for ages. He would not do that one again if you paid him but will happily climb aboard Sheikra etc.
For me it’s heights (in NYC I lost my flip flop at the TOP OF THE ROCK and went all dizzy 😂&#128514 and on coasters at the top of the drop that feeling when you are about to tip over - I sort of don’t like it but I do if that makes sense. But ToT that was a completely different feeling to me. Usually on drops you get that stomach dropping feeling but you hit the bottom of the hill and it’s fine. Yesterday it seemed to not stop and the bit where instead of going back up pause and drop it was up down my stomach didn’t know where it was. 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Tower of terror - love this ride but dont understand why others find it horrendous. It just goes up and down a few times in the dark.
I don't like it because it goes up and down a few times in the dark.

I don't quite understand why some people don't like simulator rides like the Simpsons. It just tilts side to side and up and down slightly. But everyone's different and has different tolerances to different things.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Really like ToT, and we were glad that we managed to get on in July despite no advance FPs available due to us. We like the whole ride, not just the drops, and although we were stuck in the shaft for 15-20 minutes after a lightning strike closed down everything just at the point of our first drop we'd still go back on and do it again.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I went on TOT once in May (alone as my husband wouldn’t do it) and thought it’ll be fine... I’d been on it years ago, as in... 20 years 😂
I would not rush to do it again - love the theming but it honestly scares me too much, the sensation of my stomach dropping and the drops are just too much for me! There’s a hilarious photo of me on it though 🤣🤣

However loved Aerosmith (eventually after the first go where I hated it) and Everest and most other fast ones. I think it’s just the drops!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I don't like it because it goes up and down a few times in the dark.

I don't quite understand why some people don't like simulator rides like the Simpsons. It just tilts side to side and up and down slightly. But everyone's different and has different tolerances to different things.
I don’t like any of the simulators they make me feel sick. The one ride I tried last time but hated was Forbidden journey.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List