Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 May 11, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Crikey Kel, can't I tell you're not at work!

Right, lecture time...you are sicky, and that means your energy levels are low as your body is trying to fight of this infection...so no exercise! There's a reason Drs recommend rest! And you doing a hardcore workout isn't rest!
That's my 2ps worth...love ya chick

As for me...the 7 points was because of the sauce they used (not a light version like we use) and a couple of bits of garlic bread. She is a feeder in so much as she thinks other people can eat the same amount as her. I can but I don't and I think she is starting to get that now. I was watching Dan serve the pasta over the top level of the pasta bowl, sauce wasn't even on yet! And I was like...whoa... half that for me! So I had half the pasta of everyone else and the same amount of sauce as it was my normal portion at home but obviously the different sauce. The garlic bread was my temptation and failing willpower but my knowledge that I'll make up for it today and it was only a couple of bits. So that's why. Everyone else had banoffee pie (yummy for me, not for Kel!) but I had a Mini Calippo for pudding. So I think I did pretty well all things considered as double pasta and pudding & cream would have caused a lot more damage.

And yes, like you say, am sitting at 12 points so far today with 1pt for an icelolly and that should make up for most of it and then low points the rest of the week and an extra run and extra walking I hope should take care of the rest. I would have felt sad not to have gone so glad I did and right back on track to hope the loss continues. Oh yeah, and I bought some fresh cauli/brocolli in Tesco at lunchtime so can get rid of the pointed sweetcorn and swap for free veg so that's 11 points now! Hoorah!

Mucho revved up for my run later! Want to get home, get running, get home, dinner on, tidying/cleaning ready for Matt to come home, sort out some wedding stuff on computer, paint nails and chillax...relaxing NOT!
Then tomorrow am working in the morning, going to dad's in the afternoon, and Sunday will be a bit more chilled...might send Matt to Tesco on his own so I can chill.

I don't feel slimmer, I really don't, as I seldom feel hungry...but the weight is going from somewhere. I definitely am feeling more toned though, as I've said before. I think it'll take a few more weeks for me to feel any different and I hope that by the time I lose another stone I'll really feel it. Then it's just 1stone to lose and I'm hoping that'll just be the finesse

I did love being the skinniest person in the room last night though

Sarah, I too am sorry to hear about your nan...I lost mine in March so can empathise, thoughts are with you

Liz, you must be one excited little bumble bee... enjoy your last treats before the wedding!

Kim, don't think too much about that result, a different sort of food yesterday could have thrown it. Don't change scales as it'll distort your other results. Just stick with it and if you can't deal with the daily heartache of fluctuations then maybe weekly weigh ins are better for your mindset? The overall loss will be the same after all!

Meant to say, dad got an email from the 2nd venue and they've managed to shave about £700 off the price by cutting wedding insurance and floral (so it'll cost me £230 anyway!) and charging children less than their brochure price. Difference was £3700 so stilll too much difference so dad agrees that Christchurch Harbour is the winner! Hoping he'll give me a cheque at the weekend so I can get it booked next week... I don't know what happens next with the venue so I'm mucho excited! Then I can get cracking with the next big things... all coming together now!

Right back to work I go xxx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 02:06 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 11, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Evening everyone.

Natalie, lol - what ever do you mean ''can't I tell you're not at work''?

I think I'm feeling a bit better, I still have no voice but the burning sensation is giving way to a tickly cough and I'm sneezing a lot so I think it means I'm on the mend. I know, I know about the exercise and I'm a total hypocrite as I would say the same to you all but I really do think I'll be ok to get through a Gunnar tonight, you know, something that doesn't get me too puffed and yet I'm still working. I really feel I need to cause I'm really starting to feel down in the dumps and I think exercise will lift that mood.
We didn't do our Orlando afternoon as planned as we decided to watch a movie instead and we got 'Little Fockers' off box office, was quite amusing but I didn't think as good as the other two. Aside from that I've done very little, did a bit of work and some Dibbin' but thats about it.

Good news about the venue Natalie, anything ou can save is a bonus and as wedding insurance is about £30 and you can get flowers done for about £350 I'd say depending on size and amount of button holes, corsages and bouquets etc so it deffo won't cost you £700 for that. Hope you get your cheque and can finally get this venue secured.
Is it you and your parents paying for the whole lot? Is Matt's parents contributing at all? I wondered if you needed to wait to hear back from them too?

One tip, just before you book your venue, you need to check the registrars are free the time and date you want. You have to have them in the area you get wed, so obviously Christchurch, which was the same for me with the Highcliffe and I had to change my time twice due to their availability being poor as theres not many of them in xchurch and you need two available. You might get the ones I had marry me, they were nice. To be honest I'd drop them an email now and tell them your proposed dates and they will let you know their availability, I gave them about 6 I think. Your venue should tell you to do this asap but if you dont want to delay being able to book it you can pre empt it now.

Hope you enjoy your run!

Summary

b: 2 slices Burgen toast and shake
s: two scones (was hungry and they were mini ones)
L: ocean pie
S: scone and jubbly
D: salad, tuna. SF jelly

Exercise: hopefully Gunnar
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 06:05 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 11, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for the tip Kel, I'll do it later I think, didn't even think it would be a problem but it's worth checking before shelling out!

Matt's mum isn't contributing, no, mainly us with a little help from mum and dad...Matt isn't at all close to him family and I don't really even see the point of having them there but he doesn't want to not have them there and not have anyone 'sitting on his side' as he put it so his brothers and sister (and partners and children) and mum and stepdad are going to be invited (but at £80 a head I'm not all that struck tbh!) but no, not helping... their present had better be good that's all I'm saying!

I just walked home and my feet are really sore! Walked to and from work today and out and about for 1 hr at lunch today so they are burning...not making me feel very up for my run...they even hurt on the carpet! Ouchy! I have so much to do tonight as I'm working tomorrow and just can't get motivated to go out! I know I have to but I am so not feeling it right now... this is why I need Matt!

Kel, only you know your body so if you think you can do Gunnar then do it but it really is only rest that will make you feel better.

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 11, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi Natalie

Actually you'll probably be ok with your registrars, I keep thinking its this Aug and forgetting its next so they should have good slots left, still, you do need to do both and confirm to your venue so nothing lost doing it now. They take their sweet time to get back though, rather frustrating!

Yeah, I agree with the £80, it hurts to pay that out for some people doesn't it? I mean its so much money! I bet you haven't even often spent that much on a meal for just the two of you have you? so to spend it on distant relatives per head is a bit 'ouch'. But then get used it it cause its a wedding and theres two things about them, one they cost A LOT and two; you have to do some stuff against you natural instinct slightly when it comes to your guests, but it will all be worth it in the end I promise.
Come to think of it I don't think you've ever mentioned Matt's side of the family much so now you've said he's not that close that makes sense. Is he still in touch with his dad? I'm sure their pressie will be good, people tend to be very generous at weddings, I was floored by the honeymoon contributions we got I never ever imagines it would be that much, everyone loves a good wedding and I'm sure Matt's family won't be any different and will be pleased to share your special day with you and Matt. One of the hardest things about weddings are families - I've yet to meet a bride and groom who's plans have run smoothly all the way through when families are involved and you've already experienced that before even booking it so hopefully from here on in it will be a lot easier.

Sorry to hear about your feet hurting, you might find they ease when you run or alternativley you could run tomorrow to make up for it? So long as you get it in sometime over the weekend that should be cool.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 11, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes we're doing fine time wise!

No, Matt's never known his dad, he left as a tot and never tried to meet him. Matt knows his name but that's all. He thinks he has some half siblings from his dad's side but doesn't know them either. It's so weird as as you know I'm so close to my family but it makes Xmas cheaper...every cloud huh!

I'm not expecting massive gifts at the wedding Kel, but it will be a nice help to the fund! We're planning on taking £2000/$3000 (remember we leave the day after the wedding!) so anything else we get will be hugely appreciated and a real boost. £2k on free DDP is a HUGE amount of money as far taking out everything from tips for meals, gratuities for cruise, OOP food, petrol, parking and anything else I know we will spend we'll still have £1350/$2000 (@ 1.5) to spend on 'stuff' which is loads! It's a nice buffer to have more in case saving doesn't go as well as we hope but so far so good!

I just stood up ready to go on my run, I thought I'm just going to do it but it's so sore! I wore my Birkis the other day and they blistered the bottom of my feet. One of them popped and peeling (sorry TMI) the other day and that's where it's most sore. I will definitely be going Sunday with Matt so that's still 3 runs this week which is a good effort from me. I feel like I'm letting myself down but I am also really tired and have so much to do (so best get off the Dibb really!) I don't think my heart will be in it anyway! Matt might want to go tomorrow...who knows?! I'll do that instead maybe, Sat night and Sun morn if I can...we'll see how the master of the house feels! Doesn't help that I was 1/2 hour late leaving work either! Can't believe it's almost 7pm! I really must get cracking!
Decision made... feel bad but will make up for it! xx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 6 May 11, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Well i did my exercise and... I feel GREAT! I think its finally going! Got a tickly throat but aside from that im ok.

Aww that is a shame about Matt Natalie but like you say, less people to buy for. Lol. Its got to be odd thinking he may have siblings out there but to be honest if it was me i wouldnt want to open that can of worms i dont think, mind you its hard to say really. As much as mine bother me sometimed you have to appreciate them dont ya?

Cripes 2k is LOADS! We arent taking anywhere near that much and we dont have DDP and we dont scrimp as you know i have about 4 very expensive meals booked. Youll have an awesome time with that amount - loads of shopping! You might be surprised with your family and friends you know, they can be generous at weddings but either way youve got it covered.

Dont worry about the run, a few months back i would have been gutted you didnt run thinking that you wont make up for it bug im confident you will so im nit bothered.

How funny is this - Alex is sat here counting our dollars and hes been doing this for a few hours now, just holding and smelling them! Every now and then he'll say to me ''will you get me a drink for a dollar?'' lol. Hes crazy excited at the mo. :-)

Hope everyone else is well and ok, Liz hope plans and hen do goes fabulously!
Xx
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 6 May 11, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
bug im confident you will so im nit bothered
Lols xxx

I will, you know I will, they're just sore!
I've not finished my jobbies yet! And it's almost 8.30pm! And I'm glad I didn't go as it's gotten really windy and rainy here! I'd have got caught out in it!

Glad you are feeling better, see, only you know your body, just be sensible!

I'm glad you've said that's loads Kel as I just never know! We took £1000 last time with free DDP and spent it all but this time I want to not have to count the money every night iykwim

I'm so excited for you! I'm unbearable this close to my holibobs! Next time I'll be even worse as it'll have been 3 years since my last holiday and I need it!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 6 May 11, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Haha! Ipod typing!

Ahhh i heard it was getting stormy down there, actually it doesnt look much better up here, rolling black clouds in the sky! Id be glad if it rained a bit so i dont have to keep watering mums plants whilst they are living it large in Orlando.

We are taking about $1800 for the two weeks i think but thats all food too out of that too.

I am unbelievable excited, especially as its the first time weve been alone in 5 years, as last time we were with my brother and his gf and as nice as that was it will be nice to be alone for two weeks.
Ok, think i better take the dollars off Alex... I just caught him offering Lilly 5 dollars if she ''agrees to not wake him up at 5am'' they are going to end up chewed at this rate! Hows this for context - its TWO weeks on Tuesday! OMG.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 6 May 11, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi everyone on phone so speloin will be shockin ll!

Kim i we
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 11, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Kim i weigh everyday lol and mine range from 10.2 -10! Iv yet to see the 9 lol!

Aww thanks for sayin rhat about lucy and jacob they are cute kiddies lucy is so loving and so good (she does have her moments when she is tired lol)
you need to rest kel, doctor told my sister exercising diesnt help with recovery so it takes longer to get better!
Nat your doin so well one night wont do any harm if you walked today.
I am good in a morning then afternoonish i have bjscuits chocolate well tonight j did!
I am so weak jeed to get a grip of myself. I did go gym this morn though and did some situps before alsovheen putting my slendertone on which has been makin my atomache ache!
Liz aww no how sad one of your friends cant come poor little dog xx

just finishin watchin paul o grady love it then goin to sleep

hope everyone has a good weekend

xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread