Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 11, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
If you have any questions let me know, I had an escape wedding with private meal and DP, plus an at home reception in Essex!
Thanks Chilly80. I think between you and DisneyWedding I am gonna be chewing your ears off!

We are trying to sort out the budget at the moment but have no idea of the cost of the DP and private meal so if you have any info which could give us a clearer idea that would be a great help.

Also, can I be cheeky and ask what you did for your reception at home and if you included speeches, first dances etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

I think a buffet is fine for the reception at home, it's just to celebrate with friends & family that couldn't be there (I think)
So happy you have your dress, how exciting
Old 11 Jul 11, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
I think a buffet is fine for the reception at home, it's just to celebrate with friends & family that couldn't be there (I think)
So happy you have your dress, how exciting
That's what we are leaning to at the moment. Initially I wanted the whole shabang again but the more I think about it I feel it is just extra expense. I am just hoping we will be able to get somewhere booked at that time of year as the work xmas parties will be in full swing by the time we get home from Orlando

I am so pleased with my dress. Went to try it on AGAIN on Saturday just to be 100%. I even tried on Sleeping beauty, Snow White and Belle to be sure!
Old 12 Jul 11, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1403 View Post
Thanks Chilly80. I think between you and DisneyWedding I am gonna be chewing your ears off!

We are trying to sort out the budget at the moment but have no idea of the cost of the DP and private meal so if you have any info which could give us a clearer idea that would be a great help.

Also, can I be cheeky and ask what you did for your reception at home and if you included speeches, first dances etc.
No problem at all! I'll try and dig out my BEO. I can say though that the DP was just over $500 and we paid $106.50 per person for the reception but we could have cut that down and did include the glass slipper sorbet at $20 each.

We had our at home reception a The Chichester. We had a buffet, cake my MIL made and a DJ, no speeches but a first dance. There's some photos at the end of my TR.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

ESCAPE 2009 BEO:
(including tax)

Ceremony:
Wedding Ceremony (Premium) - $5500
Cinderella Coach - $2700
Extra Bottle of Sparkling Brut - $77.32
Extra Floral TBC

Sub-Total - $8277.32

Reception:
8 hosted soft drinks @ $4 - $41.24
12 hosted wine @ $7.25 - $112.11
8 plated meals @ £106.50 - $1097.93
Small Party Fee - $53.25

Sub-Total - $1304.53

Dessert Party:
8 sweet dreams (modified) @ $40 - $412.37
2 All about Mickey Centrepice @ $95 - $244.84
Small Party Fee - $53.25

Sub-Total - $710.46

GRAND TOTAL - $10292.31
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Chilly80!

It's so helpful having some sort of idea as it gives us more time to get saving hard and I mean HARD! Lol!

Good choice with the Chichester. It's so lovely there and the food is amazing.
Old 12 Jul 11, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1403 View Post
Thanks Chilly80!

It's so helpful having some sort of idea as it gives us more time to get saving hard and I mean HARD! Lol!

Good choice with the Chichester. It's so lovely there and the food is amazing.
no probs any other questions shout
Old 22 Jul 11, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Ah sounds lovely! Me and my new husband! (see my short report today) met when we were 15! Two children and 16 years later we finally did it and I cant tell you how happy I am we chose disney!
prettymiarose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 11, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by prettymiarose View Post
Ah sounds lovely! Me and my new husband! (see my short report today) met when we were 15! Two children and 16 years later we finally did it and I cant tell you how happy I am we chose disney!
How lovely. I'm hoping we will be saying the same in many years to come
Old 23 Nov 11, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Time for another update!

Well I am sure many of you would have seen my post from the other day marking the year countdown to our DFTW! So I thought that it was time to update our plans

So contact with DFTW has been made - even if there was an initial hiccup (see 1 year today post! ). So we are now just awaiting our call back form our consultant to get the ball rolling. I have had a few emails so far but am eagerly awaiting the phone to ring.

Next...

THE DRESS!

After contacting one of the most amazing people ever, Michelle's bridal have ordered in my dress which my future in-laws picked up on Monday ! I was so wary about ordering over email but the team there have mde it such a smooth process and have saved me some ££££s

The shoes...

I recieved an email today asking for me to send my shoes off for full encrusting by the glass slipper company. I have decided on Aurora borealis swarovski crystals all over. Can't wait to get them back in a few weeks.

So now we are just waiting on November flights to be released so we can go ahead with booking the holiday packages for all 18 or so of us travelling

It's all starting to feel a bit more real now.
Closed Thread