Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 11, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kel - Alex is right! Think this must be the busiest thread on here!
I don't know how you do that early start I really don't. I actually couldn't physically do it I don't think. I'd become a zombie.
Absolutely LMAO at the supermarket checkout story. That is funny. I did something like that the other night, asking Dan to pass me a suitcase or something, can't really remember, but clearly my head was in Orlando!

Hmm, sounds like we have similar Parents, but don't quite fit in with them lol. We used to go camping every year. It was fine, but my Parents defo have different holidays to what I like. They are all about getting out and about and doing things (well I suppose we are too with Orlando), but I like a nice room to come back to, whereas they wouldn't be bothered. Practical and I'm fussy probably.

You make MK sound fab! You all do, so we'll definitely have to go this time round. I would be more into Universal characters, but when we went to AK there was a lovely man who gave us extra fast passes and it made me like the park even more, so the Disney magic is what we want more of!

HAHA at Alex saying it's a Small World must be what hell is like. I'll probably build it up to be amazing and then surprise Dan with that!

Right, dinner ready. Be on later xx

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Sorry Yvonne, didnt see your post there! Just on my bike.
Is coco keys the one with the water park attached to it?

I thought it was next year! Goodness me! Not long now til you book! X
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Oos im the queen of double posting! Sorry Liz.

You are going to have a fab time Liz, im almost as excited for you as i am for me! I wonder how many times me, you and Kim will bump into each other on the buses?! Kept happening last time to us and another couple in AKL, ill wave to you though! Lol.

Yes, 'treat' Dan to its a small world, winnie the pooh, peter pan and snow white! Actually having said that we both love winnie the pooh - you bounce in a honeypot, i mran c'mon, only in Disney! Lol.
The fastpass thing happens a lot in Disney, its a little bit of disney magic i feel, we do it too, give them away.
Ill be fascinated to see how you feel when you come back. ;-)
Have a nice dinner. X
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Oh and well done on the run! Go you! See brain not in gear - far too busy talking about Disney over exercise on a diet forum. Doh
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hello all
Sorry am a bit late...busy busy... went for a run after a crazy day at work, then my sister popped round, then had dinner, Matt's just clearing up...phew!
Kim, looked at your piccies, some fab ones there and I loved the playsuit! Deffo going to get one of those! I don't care what Matt says! I think they'll be great in the parks!
Feeling much 'slimmer' today than last week so that's good. Going to have a lolly in a while but that's all. Had a nice parmesan and rocket salad with tortellini for dinner tonight which was nice. Super quick and easy and pretty low cal too.
Liz, Boardwalk and DTD are great in the evenings! As are all the parks! There's absolutely no shortage of things to do! That DVD is a bit dated (Disney haven't updated it in a few years) but still handy! Any help, just shout!
Same with you Yvonne...I had no idea you were planning a wedding somewhere you've never been before! Wowzers! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
Kel, hope you get some energy soon my dear. I can't really suggest anything as you have to get up early for work and can't go to bed earlier, but I just hope you are feeling better soon! Planning on Hollywood tomorrow night...working til 6pm but Matt will take Josh to football and will put the dinner in the oven (lasagne) before he leaves so I should be ok to spend 20 mins on that and then have a quickie shower.
Amy, well done on confirming that loss, you're obviously doing something right so keep it up, that's what it's all about, lifestyle change.
About MK, Liz, I'm with the others, it can be pink and fluffy if you make it that way, but the 3 mountains (Big Thunder, Splash and Space) alone are worth a visit! Character greetings are all scheduled in certain spots so you'll only see them if you want to and make an effort to, you can avoid parades by making sure you're in Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square while they'e on, avoid Fantasyland, and that's that...but IMO no trip to Florida is complete without the castle photos!
Yvonne, I've only ever stayed onsite so can't comment about villas/I-Drive but from what others say, even on here, I think Disney property resorts are more 'honeymoony' and you wouldn't regret it if you did stay there! But it's yours and Gordon's moon so you need to choose what's best for you. Lake Buena Vista may be better accommodation options for your honeymoon if you want offsite though, may be something to consider.
Had an email from ATD today, Disney are part donating the tickets so they're not transferrable to other tix but I'll ask one more time if I can get some credit for them on my CO booking instead, not counting on it but worth asking anyway!
Will check in again later! x

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kel - be very strange actually if we do see each other, having all got to know each other here! Have to have a get together one night! Us lot + wine + Disney = messy!

Nat - well done on the run! That's both of us today. Bet you're going further than me though. Am so tired the last couple of days.

Makes it harder to be bothered cooking really healthy meals. Wanting to have lots of pulses and stuff, but my plan to cook curry tonight failed as couldn't be bothered. Dan had beans on toast and I had chicken. Was nice and good to go to bed without feeling full from lots of carbs.

Right, off for a peruse of the Dibb, then sleep. Got to try and get back into work as am being such a slacker. Night ladies xx

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bexlee1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Hello everyone,

Yvonne, I have rented points for our 2 night stay at AKL this year from the DVC forum. It's cost £144 for the 2 nights in a studio. when I priced it up on the disney website it would have cost a lot more! Is Coco Keys the waterpark hotel? Its at the north end of I-drive I think

Amy- so jelous about you staying at the poly, if money was no object this would be the place i would stay.

Kel- I don't have to get up mega early, but I have long days and even longer weeks! I work 6 days a week 7-5, I leave the house about 6.20 to get the bus every morning. Not too bad today, i was back in the gym tonight though so see how I am tomorrow. Think diet is ok
B- 2 boiled eggs 2 slices burgen (thanks for the tip kel)
l-salad with ham and pepper fritata
t- wasnt really hungry but picked at some chicken
had a handful of almonds as an afternoon snack
Does this look ok?

Kim- hello and welcome back, glad you had a great time, when are you due to get married? Are you having a uk wedding or jetting off to the florida sunshine

Anyhow, time to go to bed, night all
bexlee1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Morning ladies

Bex - that's a great price! You do have long days and weeks. Food looks good. The only thing I would say is be careful with evening meal, as some people feel ravenous the next day after eating little, but then some people go the opposite way and have no hunger (I get this if I don't have an evening meal). That meal could do with some brocolli or green beans in my opinion! I add those two veg to almost everything lol.
Frittata sounds delish.

Kel - how you feeling today hun, any less tired. Not that long till the weekend now. You working from home Friday?

Nat - forgot to say how lovely your dinner sounded. Love rocket and parmesan, but not overly keen on pasta. Tortellini is quite nice though.

I have my new Peacocks size 12 dress on today, but finding my bottom half a frustration still. It's quite floaty, so a 12 is fine, but still struggle even with 14s if something is fitted. Wish someone would come with a magic wand and zap away my hips!

Just checked our Fairfx account, as thought there was around $300 in it, but turns out it's $610, so that will help towards next year.

Has anyone done horse riding at Disney? Looking at the booklet it's done at one of the lodges and I really fancy. Went when I was a kid, but horses aren't keen on me for some reason! Not sure why, as I love all animals, but they always try and bite me This time round I want to do a few things that are different to what we've done before and Dan's never been on a horse before. Plus he's allergic lol. Maybe it's not such a good idea!

Just about to take dog, then have to nip to local shop for some bits, then work.

Old 13 Jul 11, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Morning Ladies,

Bex that a great price for 2 nights and waaayyyy cheaper than what I priced! Am I better waiting until nearer the time to rent points? Would definelty stay there if that was all it cost!

Kel I think I remember you saying if someone 'owns' that hotel they can book sooner? Oh and yeah co-co keys is the one with the Water Park. I really dont fancy it as I think it will be full of kids...including my wild nephews! he he. Mite be an idea to get a hotel on Idrive for before the wedding and then a few nights in Disney afterwards if we can rent points.

Liz well done on your run. I'm planning on going one tomorrow again and I aim to beat Natalie's time... : I forgot to say how impressed I was with your 10 minute mile Nat! Doubt I'll be able to beat it but I will try lol

Edited at 12:26 PM. Reason: wrong name!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Yvonne I can recommend the Wyndham palace and spa near Downtown Disney. Know it's not i-drive, but it's honeymoony. I got married there first time round! Actually, thinking about it, that didn't work out, so maybe not!

The point is lovely just off I-drive. It's at the less desirable bit and close to Wet and Wild, but it's not actually I-drive, although there is an i-trolley right outside and TGIs is close. It's a stunning hotel, very cheap and lovely suites, with big kitchens, a balcony and nice quiet pool.

Closed Thread