Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Sep 11, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Sweetie - There is only one size as it is the maximum size allowed as hand luggage! If you were to use a bigger box, it would not be allowed as hand luggage and would have to go in checked in baggage- something I am sure you don't want!
I am sure that with the help of somebody who knows about folding and packing wedding dresses (eg your bridal boutique), you will get your dress into one box. If it has a seperate petticoat or crinoline, I guess you could pack that in a case and risk it in the hold, or have two boxes go as hand luggage if your DF is willing to carry one on and sacrifice his hand luggage entitlement.

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 11, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
Sweetie - There is only one size as it is the maximum size allowed as hand luggage! If you were to use a bigger box, it would not be allowed as hand luggage and would have to go in checked in baggage- something I am sure you don't want!
I am sure that with the help of somebody who knows about folding and packing wedding dresses (eg your bridal boutique), you will get your dress into one box. If it has a seperate petticoat or crinoline, I guess you could pack that in a case and risk it in the hold, or have two boxes go as hand luggage if your DF is willing to carry one on and sacrifice his hand luggage entitlement.
Ah I see, yes that may be the best plan the to get the box and wh go to the bridal shop to pick up the dress to take the box with us and pack it there with their help. I don't have any petticoats or anything so it should all go in the one box
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 11, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NYBride2be
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm not sure who you are flying with but from what I have heard most airlines are usually really good when you are flying with a wedding dress.
I am flying Aer Lingus and I have heard nothing but great reports on other online wedding forums about them - they staff usually take the dress and hang it somewhere very safe - hope that happens with us!
NYBride2be is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 11, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

I think it is a bit hitty missy with airlines. I have heard good stories (like the above poster mentions) and also horror stories about airlines insisting on the dresses going into checked in luggage! I was not willing to risk it, so packed my dress in a box, and kept it within my sight the whole journey!

Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 11, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
We're flying with virgin so maybe I'll give Virgin Atlantic a call. Surely though its up to you what you take on as your hand luggage (within reason obv ) so we were just going to take our tigger holdall which we took last year so it fits within the regs but holds so much so my handbag can just go in there and I will take the wedding dress as my hand luggage allowance?
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 11, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Love all your plans!Your dress is lovely and the shoes are amazing!
How exciting for you to be planning a Florida wedding!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 11, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Love all your plans!Your dress is lovely and the shoes are amazing!
How exciting for you to be planning a Florida wedding!
Aw thankyou Lindsay! I am so excited about the Florida wedding - I really was starting to lose the excitement about the wedding when we were havingour UK wedding as everyone made it so stressful and complicated. Now that's taken awaits fab! I get to do exactly what I want again which is perfect for us and were going to get the wedding we really want - I can't wait!
Old 23 Sep 11, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Sweetie - Oh yes of course it's up to you what you take as hand luggage! If your dress is packed correctly, whether it be in a holdall or a box, and that receptacle is within the size limits, you will have no problem.
I may be wrong, but I think NYBride2B was suggesting that some brides had taken their dresses on hangers in bags, abd expected the airline to hang it somewhere. I have heard some brides who this has worked for, and I have heard other where the airline has point blank refused to hang the dress. I guess if they have say, five brides (unlikely, but technically possible), they cannot have wedding dress hanging all over the plane! It would be a safety thing.
If your dress is in a suitable sized box/bag, you will be fine!

Old 23 Sep 11, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Loving your plans so far and look forward to reading more about your wedding as things progress.
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 11, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
:)

Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
Loving your plans so far and look forward to reading more about your wedding as things progress.
Hi! I'm sure there will be loads of my ramblings inthe next year you'll all be bored and stop reading I'm soooo jealous of your countdown by the way!

Ah I see jo yes I did read it the other way sorry nybride2be I didn't realise you meant hanging! All good on the box front then hopefully.

I have 2 weekends of wedding exhibitions now for my business (my first time exhibiting my own products wish me luck! )but I love attending as a bride too theyre fab for great ideas!
Closed Thread