Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Oct 11, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Morning Ladies,

I went over on my cals yesterday (almost 200) as for some reason I was starving all day! I had shredded wheats with 25g sultanas (Which although was yummy don't think I will have again as the sultanas on their own were 73cals!), then an apple and banana before spinning, chicken and vegetable soup for lunch with a fruit salad (orange, pineapple and melon), then a fun size Milky way in the afternoon, dinner was a healthyish risotto (Made with half risotto rice and half quinoa) with mushrooms and leeks and a lean pork loin, then I wanted pudding so had a mini packet of Choccie Dodgers...wow! I just felt like I was eating way too much!

I did spinning at lunch time which I do find the hardest class still so not sure if that made me hungry but I went to bed at 8 to stop me going back to the dreaded biscuits! lol.

We went to bed early though and watched Brother Bear which was quite good

Nat - Well done on your loss, that is great as you weren't expecting it! I hope you can work it out so that you can keep going to the gym as you are doing so well and enjoying the classes too I think. Have you made any friends there who may be able to drop you home or maybe even half way? Guessing Matt is likely to work quite late over Christmas?

We had a fitness test at work when they rolled out free BUPA care for us all and mine was awful with high BMI but cholestorol was ok. When I joined the gym they gave me another fitness test, and my HR was in the poorcategory too and he said caffeine affects it but like you I had only had one cup of tea! How tall are you? I am 5 foot 7 so I hope 11 stone is a healthy weight for me too!

Hope you had a lovely snuggly evening and feel a bit better today? As Kel said when you next go to WDW you will be havign your magical wedding and 2 weeks at AKL doesn't beat that! Plus you are tehre for 3 weeks and have the fabulous crusie to look forward to.

Just keep thinking about Christmas, it will be here before you know it! And your new decs sound cute, I need to have a little look for some new ones for us this year

Amy - well done on your loss too, how did your interview go?! Haha I have a way to go before I catch you up my lovely! Maybe one day

Kim - Love your ring! Perfect and sparkly! Will your engagement ring kind of fit in with that when you wear them the other way round? Well done for your loss too!

Liz - Glad you are feeling slimmer Have you finished your detox now? Well done on only 1 glass, had to be done to welcome Dan home! How was his trip?

Kel - Sorry to hear you have been so poorly, how horrible! But glad Gunnar made you feel better. Well done on your STS with no exercise and all your medicine, as Nat said you have mastered your healthy eating so it is really showing now. Glad you have your delicious oranges back, I have one on my desk here waiting for me to peel perfectly according to the rules lol. Thank you for your lovely comments, a weekend with no plans really did help me I think And these gym classes!

I did think about going to the wedding shop again and crying but as you say, last time I went there I as just so angry I don't think I could force tears out! lol. He didn't ring back yesterday - no surprise there - so I think Mum is going to call him today.
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 11, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
morning everyone!

emz sorry to hear you went over but hopefully spinning and your other classes help scrape is back for you! hope you get on well with the bridal shop!

kel, sorry to hear you're ill but you're coming up to scotland yay! it's actually quite a nice day here!

kkim, well done on your loss! i love your ring it's gorgeous!

natalie, can't you get the bus or something to the gym? it might be less wet!

well my disney store interview was last night and it really was a lot of fun! it lasted an hour and a half and was a group interview, it involved a treasure hunt for chocolate coins and picking gifts within a budget for a certain type of person who liked a certain character! it was fun but there were 40 people there and they only have 10 jobs! it was really hard getting myself across but i think i did ok. i really want to work there now it would be so magical!

i should hear on wednesday so everyone keep everything crossed for me!

off to uni! have a good day everyone!
Old 25 Oct 11, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Just back from Pilates, I do really enjoy that class, nice and relaxing and hopefully it helps with my toning. Makes me need the toilet though as you have to hold your levic floor muscles! lol.

Got vegetable soup and a fruit salad for lunch, trying to stay low on cals as tonight we are having pasta. Wholemeal spaghetti though so I will weigh mine out, and then making kind of a carbonara but with extra light Phily, leeks, mushrooms and ham.

Amy - Glad it went well for you and I am sure your love for Disney shone through! Excited for you my lovely, have fingers and ties all crossed for you!

We were talkign abotu my birthday last night and I would like to go to Earl of Sandwich for lunch before the show I think .

Nat - do you remember which is the closest tube station to EOS?

Has anyone got any recommendations for a nice bar or restaurant around Oxford Street area where we could go after? We live so close to London yet don't go there very often, only to Chelsea and we are not going there on MY birthday! hehe.

Hope you are all having good days! xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 11, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hi all!

Emz, Amy, you're right, I could get the bus but it is damn expensive for the short journey £1.60 from work to gym and then again from gym to home so that's £3.20 for what will be 2 5 minute journeys and I begrudge paying it in these times of frugality! Apparently Matt is working late Mons and Fris right up to Xmas now so that's double pants but I will persevere and hope for the best!

Emz, we got the land train to London Bridge and walked 20 mins to EOS. It's right by St Pauls so any of those tubes will get you there.
Oxford St is grotty grotty grotty with no restaurants. I know you don't want to go near Chelsea but I really fancy Marco PW's restaurant there?! Hard Rock Cafe is near Marble Arch which is right at the end of Oxford St (sorry don't know how well you know central London). Planet Hollywood is in Haymarket near Leicester Square, we had a good meal in there before. Don't know how fancy pants you want it?!

Sister called about an hour ago, she is having a fab time. Said she keeps crying (Fantasmic, Wishes, Magic Memories and You show which I pray is on for us!) and has lost her voice because of all the screaming but she is having a ball and I'm so pleased for her. The envy is easing off a bit, especially as I'm still working on November DLP trip with Matt...4 nights for £418, come on! Wish me luck!

Emz, we all have hungry days and what you ate wasn't bad, there was just quite a lot of it. It's not a problem. You're doing enough exercise to burn just 200 cals anyway. How many cals is a Milky Way, that's a nice idea! I have a mini Chomp today after lunch! I won a prize for working hard this morning from our administrator
Got Zumba after work (getting a lift!), then home for tortellini so another low cal day. Mum bought me some NCG Scrumpy Chicken soup which made a nice change. Might try and make it myself some time. Only 140 cals for 1/2 tub which doesn't look a big portion but I feel satisfied.
Going to make lamb and barley broth on Thursday night for my dinner on Friday, it's a recipe from the Rose and Crown and it's delish, haven't worked out cals yet though but I hope it's not too bad!
Righty ho, off to peruse the net! x

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 11, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey ladies, just a real quick, as have finished early to get some bits done at home.

Kim - that ring is gorgeous!

Nat, Emz, yes done with detox, but still trying to eat healthily, but have introduced dairy and bread now

Kel - welcome back hun. Sorry you're not 100% though, but well done on not gaining when you're not been doing any exercise. Wow week 4 of no wine - that is seriously impressive. Are you feeling better for it? Apart from the ill bit! Not weighed myself for about 4 weeks as have been trying to focus on food quality rather than weight loss. Decided to just not do the weight loss for a while and see how I got on. Pretty sure nothing is changing and still need to lose, so may carry on with weightlossresource as that helped.

Hope you're feeling brighter Nat.

Amy - I bet you did really well. Comon - how many other people know as much about Disney as you? Apart from people on here of course hopefully you won't be up against any dibbers!

Emz - EOS sounds lovely. I love it there. Have fun

Right, off to do chores

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 11, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Evening,

I have some news from the dress shop as Mum rang him...after a long 20 minutes on the phone he has agreed that the service we have received is not acceptable so we will now not be charged any storage fess or for any alterations. Mum also told him we were a bit concerned about how we will be treated when we go back to the shop and he has assured us that we will only deal with him in future so that is good news. Hopefully no more problems now!

Nat - that is expensive for the bus! Hopefully you can work it so you can still go to the gym though, and hopefully Matt can go with you most of the time. Thansk for your London help, very excited for EOS! I didn't think there were many nice places around Oxford Street so I think we will be best off going back to Leicester Square area, or maybe Covent Garden? Planet Hollywood could be a good idea, then I also thought of TGIs or Bella Italia as they sent me a voucher for a free bottle of wine when you spend £25 as it is my birthday!

Glad your sister is having a lovely time, you will be back in teh magic before you know it, good luck with persuading Matt for DLP! What dates would you go if you do?

I think a Milky Way treat size is 76 cals, although today I have found something yummy with my tea, Cadbury mini fingers toffee crunch flavour, they are 105 cals for a little bag, ideal for my sweet craving! Taste a bit like caramac I think! Lamb and barley broth sounds yummy, is the recipe online?

Liz - Hope your chores are almost done, I am off to do mine after this, washing up done and have hung up a load of washing too, now hoovering and dusting before bed, Scott cleaned the bathroom Good boy! hehe.

xxx

Old 25 Oct 11, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Hey Emz, just a quick one but having read the update on your thread just wanted to say a massive well done for not giving up on that.
It's great news and I bet you feel justified.
It's a shame it took him to long to realise what poor service you've had, but at least it's sorted and you'll be saving money - yay!

Well done

I've ripped out the shelving in the cupboard under the stairs, as we want it to be a cloakroom, but need to put things in the skip before it goes.
So I did that and then filled all the holes, put the wiring (phone, sky point etc is in there) under the carpet. So all I need to do now it paint it all white and put some coat hooks up.
I've ordered a fantastic shoe storage thing - been looking for ages for something suitable but last one I got was flimsy and horrible. We lack storage in this house, so I've been concentrating on getting things to help with that. Nearly there
Will have to take some pics!

Have a fun evening everyone - we've got a healthy meat pie (RC recipe) in the oven that I'd frozen, so nice and easy.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 11, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Liz you're so domesticated!

Emz, massive result on the dress. I would say that's an agreeable result wouldn't you?1 I hope you're pleased. That's quite a big saving for you so I would be happy and it's nice to have the reassurance that you'll only be dealing with the top guy in future. Good result, worth persevering
Those biccies sound lush, will have to keep an eye open for them! I love Caramac!

If we did DLP it'd be 21/11/2011 for 4 nights but he's just not budging! Too sensible for his own good! I know he's doing it for the right reason but I'd love to go!

Recipe for the broth isn't online, it's from a WDW cook book my mum bought years ago (I was a child still!) but it's identical to the one they used to serve at Rose and Crown so it's delicious and very substantial! Can't wait to cook some!

Scales are going well for me so far this week so very pleased. If I carry on at this week I'll be at my lightest ever so that's a great incentive! I am really craving KFC right now, does anyone have a recipe they can share?! I remember there being one a while back!

Right, will check in again later! x

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 11, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Wow well done LIz, that makes my hoovering and dusting...which I haven't yet done as been sucked in to the Dibb hehe... sound silly! You have done so well!

Nat - Yes I am very pleased with that result, worth all the effort as you said and will save us probably more than £300 which we could of saved buying the dress elsewhere so everyone is happy

Well done on your great start to the week, glad you can see results already and excited for you to get down to your lowest ever! I think I am at my lowest I can remember being at too!

I have a recipe for KFC, let me look for it and I will post it for you, it is yummy, one of Scotts faves! We normally use breast meat though cut into strips as we prefer that to drumsticks.

xxx

Old 25 Oct 11, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Here you go my lovely, ENJOY!

Syn Free KFC

10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbs

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbs into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

We just crumble the bread with our hands without using the food processor

Closed Thread