Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 13, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi I have been thinking about it but the scary thing is I don't really have anything planned yet I need to get a move on when I read everyone else's reports
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 13, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks
Imagineer

Tinks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds awesome! Those canvas shoes look fab too!

DL California - 2018
WDW - 2017, 2016, 2015/2014, 2013/2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
DLP - 2005, 2015 , 2018
Tinks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We are using disney photography for our ceremony so we can book our MK shoot as early as they will let us, then using Regina Hyman for all our other photography needs. We're having our engagement shoot with her in November then on the wedding day she's doing getting ready shots with me, then after the wedding she's doing night time / fireworks shots, then on the same day as our MK shoot we're recreating our engagement shots in our wedding gear. All the photographers have their own style so it's more about what suits you. I've been lucky enough to meet Randy, Stan and Regina on my trip last year and they're all awesome people!
Old 26 Feb 13, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazza84
a Friend of the DIBB

Love your report. I'm also from Glasgow. I am getting married few months before you and haven't really started much planning yet.

It is great just reading everyone's reports it gives me great ideas for my wedding and really helps with what to expect.

Happy planning
Shazza84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
Plans look fab bet your well excited
Wooo we are, thank you

Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Sounds awesome! Those canvas shoes look fab too!
Thank you - The shoes are alright, but I might take them off after a while, it was just a little side earner.

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
We are using disney photography for our ceremony so we can book our MK shoot as early as they will let us, then using Regina Hyman for all our other photography needs. We're having our engagement shoot with her in November then on the wedding day she's doing getting ready shots with me, then after the wedding she's doing night time / fireworks shots, then on the same day as our MK shoot we're recreating our engagement shots in our wedding gear. All the photographers have their own style so it's more about what suits you. I've been lucky enough to meet Randy, Stan and Regina on my trip last year and they're all awesome people!
Thank you Tabz, it is similar I know, great minds and all that lol.
Also, thank you for recommending Regina, i've seen the ones on here:
magicaldayweddings/featured-wedding-vendors/
And think we've chosen Randy, the photos on his facebook are stunning!

Also, I dunno if we'll do the MK shoot, I guess it depends how far our budget goes

Originally Posted by Shazza84 View Post
Love your report. I'm also from Glasgow. I am getting married few months before you and haven't really started much planning yet.

It is great just reading everyone's reports it gives me great ideas for my wedding and really helps with what to expect.

Happy planning
Aww thats awesome, did you go to the Wedding show at the SECC?
Thank youu
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 13, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Randy is such a rock star you'll love him!
Old 30 Mar 13, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Okay hello again guys, we're back with a March update
March has been pretty quiet for us with the planning. But there are a few things worth mentioning!

We are going to stick to our date of Wednesday 3rd December 2014, but don't mind if it has to be the day before or the day after. The venue is still going to be the Wedding Pavilion and we are very excited about having our reception meal at Cítricos.

Guest Count
We have an extra confirmed guest now wooooooooo, our friend Dan will be coming alone to share the magical day with us. So this means we have 6 confirmed guests

Save the Month Cards
I've contacted the artist for these cards and he asked me to provide him with a deadline for them, the deadline for the rough draft is May 1st.

Bridal wear
Vicky contacted a dress shop in Glasgow and was very honest with them about coming to try some of the Disney dresses on and not confirming them until December, and they basically told her not to bother coming in. So two things have learned from that: 1) They have lost a potential customer now, and, 2) Next time she will just ask for an appointment to try dresses on and leave with the details for later.

Groom wear
An Englishman in a kilt? Blasphemy!
But seriously though, we found the ideal one from McCalls at the Wedding show. In June we can arrange a day to go and try on some various kilts and see if the one we like the best, is actually the best. As for shoes, we looked into Buchannan Bespoke but their prices are out of our budget so instead I'll stick with some Loake Brogues. Also for our other male guests, they can hire a matching kilts.

The Loake Brogues:

And the Cufflinks (One for Burnley the other for Glasgow)

Videography
Because we have a lot of family who won't be attending we thought it would be a necessity to get our day documented on video. After watching hundreds of videos from other weddings on: Trinity Wedding Cinema, Centrepiece Cinema, Key Moment Films, STVS & even Disney's own, we have chosen to either have Key Moment Films or STVS document our day from getting ready until the Reception.

Changes to the day
I got my hands on a pricing brochure for Disney Escape weddings and all the extras you can add to the package. After looking at it in detail for a few days we came up with a choice:
• A Vintage 1948 Cadillac for the day, and the 'Ambiance Package' for the Ceremony decoration.

• A standard Limo for the day, with a Magic Kingdom & Epcot private photo shoot the day after the wedding.

We can still get an aisle runner and petals for the Ceremony for less than half the price of the Ambiance package so we choose the private photo shoot because it would be a once in the lifetime offer and it is something we simply just can't pass on.

We have also decided on a Sand Ceremony. It was either that or the Unity Candle, and we figured the sand is a safer option than burning the dress!

Characters at the Pre-Reception
This we still haven't decided. The price for the 2 characters is astonishing but the photo ops make up for that. So it is a really tough call if we want them for half an hour or not. So we're still undecided on that.

Visiting Weddings
In March we have been to two weddings, one of them was for Vicky’s cousin, it was held in Perth. They are catholic so the ceremony was held in a church and the reception in a hotel. It was a great wedding and we got to see the run of order of things. We also attended our Sikh friend's wedding in Glasgow, we didn't go to the ceremony but we had a chance to be at the reception. Both very different and both fantastic.

Us at Vickys cousins Scottish wedding:

Us at our friends Sikh wedding:

Thank you for reading!
Ian & Vicky
xxx

Edited at 03:15 PM.
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Loving your updates & the wedding ideas sound amazing so far
We can't afford an dftw, so going for swan & dolphin instead- I generally can't wait but the MK photo shoot will be the thing I'm gutting about missing the most.
I personally think 1 character is a redic amount, where as you seem to save some money with two that's what I'm telling Sam anyway!

Can't wait to hear more & to see the save the month cards, this is a really good idea x
Old 1 Apr 13, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Great update! We wanted to do the mk bridal shoot but one thing that came coming up in reviews eventually put us off - how wet and dirty u get I have to wear my dress twice more when I get home so wasn't worth it for us. In all the reviews iv read ppl have said how dirty their dress got and how they pressure wash the streets at the time and apparently they don't stop when u walk past! They ended up with ruined shoes and very wet feet dont mean to put u off but that was a big no for me. Def worth funding reviews as it seems like stressful process to book. I'd choose a date near ur wedding and start of Hol in case they keep changing it!
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Good update, ur kilt is very similar
to my husbands so great choice

And nothing wrong with an English man in a kilt, my brother in law is English and wore a kilt to his wedding.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread