Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 13, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
Loving your updates & the wedding ideas sound amazing so far
We can't afford an dftw, so going for swan & dolphin instead- I generally can't wait but the MK photo shoot will be the thing I'm gutting about missing the most.
I personally think 1 character is a redic amount, where as you seem to save some money with two that's what I'm telling Sam anyway!

Can't wait to hear more & to see the save the month cards, this is a really good idea x
I would have thought S&D is more expensive than Disney! But never looked into it much. We need to have both characters there (I'd love Donald too, but thats another story). The prices is ludacris!
Will get those Save the Month cards as soon as possible hopefully.

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteGsy View Post
Great update! We wanted to do the mk bridal shoot but one thing that came coming up in reviews eventually put us off - how wet and dirty u get I have to wear my dress twice more when I get home so wasn't worth it for us. In all the reviews iv read ppl have said how dirty their dress got and how they pressure wash the streets at the time and apparently they don't stop when u walk past! They ended up with ruined shoes and very wet feet dont mean to put u off but that was a big no for me. Def worth funding reviews as it seems like stressful process to book. I'd choose a date near ur wedding and start of Hol in case they keep changing it!
Argh, I went hunting for this information about found it all on another forum, it seems hit and miss. She'll be wearing it one more time when we get back here but I think she has her heart set on it now, so we must have it!
Aye on the 3rd Day if all goes to plan

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Good update, ur kilt is very similar
to my husbands so great choice

And nothing wrong with an English man in a kilt, my brother in law is English and wore a kilt to his wedding.

Ahh really? Gonna have to go have a little look at that! Lol I was kidding on about that, marrying into a Scottish family and all that. Hopefully gonna get my dad in one too!
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 13, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Most people have said the experience of being only ones in mk is worth it. Good luck wish I wasn't so picky he he
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 13, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

I think that is one of the big draws for her, and the iconic castle. Epcot looks nicer for photos though (in my opinion), so hopefully we'll do both *fingers crossed*...

Trying on some kilts tomorrow in Glasgow Wooo!
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Ian & Vicky's wedding Blog 03 - April 2013

Hello again everyone!

We were going to stick to our wedding date of Wednesday 3rd December 2014, but now because we will fly a day earlier we'd rather have the wedding on Tuesday 2nd December 2014, but don't mind if it is the Monday or Wednesday. The venue is still going to be the Wedding Pavilion and we are very excited about having our reception meal at Cítricos.

Pricing up the cost of the Hotels
While we were at my parents we thought of a fun way to get the best price for the honeymoon. Initially we wanted to stay 1 week in my chosen hotel and 1 week in Vickys chosen hotel. Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge but the cost was way out of our price range, so we chopped and changed with quite a few hotels and now then finalised with these:
2 nights in Port Orleans French Quarter - Standard View (Pre Wedding)
2 nights in Grand Floridian Resort (Wedding)
7 nights in Port Orleans French Quarter - Water View (1st week of Honeymoon)
7 nights in Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Guest Room (2nd week of Honeymoon)

Free dining came out in for holidays booked up until December so we thought we may as well fly in November and change our hotels around because we would like the 1 dining plan. It ended up working out Ł217.39 cheaper to pay for full park tickets, upgrade the dining plan and change our hotels, rather than use Annual Passes and not get a dining plan.
So our final plan is:
18 nights in Port Orleans French Quarter - Water View
2 nights during that stay we will book a room at possibly the Polynesian Resort (Maybe Grand Floridian)

Kilt shopping
We went to 3 kilt shops in Glasgow, McCalls first who were super helpful and let me try one on, it was a lovely tartan and they gave us a free sample. Then we went to Gilt Edged which was okay but not much selection. Finally we went in Slanj, which was awful, horrible customer service for a start and not much selection at all. In June we will go back to put a deposit on the kilt I would like, and also rent a kilt for my cousins wedding in August this year (I guess to see how it feels).

Dress Shopping
Vicky has been to 3 Bridal shops in April, the first one was Sarah Louise Bridal where she didn't like the dresses or the service. Then off to Angelique Le'mon in Glasgow where she assured me she really loved one of them and put a Ł10 down on one to hold the price. And finally to Xquisite in Falkirk to try on the Disney Dresses, it turns out this one is the place she is getting it. I don't know which one though and hope to keep it that way.

Save the Month
When we visited the tattoo studio in Stirling, our artist had drawn up a rough design of our Save the Month, just the images and we both loved it! He is going to send the final version soon by email, but I'll wait until next month for the photos just incase any guests see it on here

Confirmed attendees

Both of our parents are defiantly coming now, along with 1 of Vickys friends and 2 of my friends. 6 of those guests said they will book before 1st July in order to get free dining because we plan on having 1 big group meal a day (wish us luck getting everyone together for that haha)

I thought we had to keep 1 guest slot free for our external photographer, and 2 guest slots free for our external vidographers, but I emailed Disney and they confirmed they DON'T take up a guest spot, didn't realise that?

Meals

We did a little fun survey to see if all our possible guests are happy with certain foods and here is our plan for restaurants for the first week, because most of our guests will only stay 1 week.
Ohana - Welcome meal
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Cítricos (Wedding meal - paid for)
Via Napoli
50's Prime Time
Sanaa
Be Our Guest

That is all for now, sorry for the lack of photos I can't put Kilt pictures on because we didn't take any, and can't put the dress on haha.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Old 1 May 13, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

I feel like I am stalking this thread!

Who is your tattoo artist in Stirling? I get all mine done there.

Totally agree about Slanj - we were ignored in the shop and ended up with MacGregor and MacDuff who were fantastic with us. I loved our kilts in the end
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Loving your plans we will be there the same time so will think of you both on your special day

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 13, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
I feel like I am stalking this thread!

Who is your tattoo artist in Stirling? I get all mine done there.

Totally agree about Slanj - we were ignored in the shop and ended up with MacGregor and MacDuff who were fantastic with us. I loved our kilts in the end
No problem, thank you for reading
I get them done at Top Mark Tattoo in Stirling, the guy is Darryl Mullen, I chose him when he worked in Glasgow, but now he works from Stirling, doh.

Glad we're not alone with Slanj, they were rubbish

Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Loving your plans we will be there the same time so will think of you both on your special day
In December 2014?
I hope the weather is nice in December without wearing hoodies and jackets
Old 2 May 13, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Great update! U seem very organised
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 13, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Originally Posted by i198g View Post

In December 2014?
I hope the weather is nice in December without wearing hoodies and jackets

Yes we travel out Nov 30th we went last Dec and only had one day where we had to wear hoodies all day , other than that it was glorious ! Looking forward to following your plans . I am not even getting married but love looking at people's wonderful plans

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteGsy View Post
Great update! U seem very organised
Thank you, we do try. But then again we get really bored at home and in work so have plenty of time to do it

Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Yes we travel out Nov 30th we went last Dec and only had one day where we had to wear hoodies all day , other than that it was glorious ! Looking forward to following your plans . I am not even getting married but love looking at people's wonderful plans
30ths, same date as us *fingers crossed it all goes to plan*

Hoodies just the 1 day? Thats brilliant, I was wondering how it would be compared to UK head in summer but thank you. I'll tell Vicky tonight and she'll be pleased

Edited at 04:54 PM.
Closed Thread