Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Mar 16, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm sure you've already considered this, but get support for your son too, just because he doesn't seem affected, doesn't mean he isn't.

A very good friend has twin sisters who have been anorexic, for twenty years plus and whilst growing up, her parents focus was on getting them help and she still resents this. (Not in any way that shows to her parents, but I know how much it was a strain on her)

I don't know the right thing to do, but just by being aware it will help.

Best wishes to your family x
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks for your messages. Got my DD a new basic phone yesterday as she is not allowed one with Internet or a camera. ( really glad we bought her an iPhone for Xmas ) For the first time tonight we are not seeing her as we feel she needs to adapt herself and learn to manage without us.
Anyway DW gets a text from DD " please come and pick me up and take me home ". It's absolutely heartbreaking but we do know she is in the right place. We are lucky we managed to get the funding through and that the Priory is only 45 minutes from us. The Postcode lottery springs to mind and we have had a good few numbers on our line !
I had very similar from my mum when she was under section a few years ago after having a breakdown over losing my dad - 'take me home. I want to go home' etc. It was heartbreaking but we had to trust in the medical professionals as she'd been ill for such a long time we all knew she needed help. My instincts towards her was to bundle her up and take her home but ultimately, it would've been the worst thing for her at that point.

I really feel for you and hope your daughter recovers soon x
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts - I've never had so many women want to hug me !
Like everything in life , you think its just you going through a certain situation , but the reality is there are always a lot more people either in same boat or who have got out of the boat on the right side

I realise the need to look after ourselves because to be fair I think we've all neglected that recently. We have a few days away in the Lakes next week , and while it will be hard not seeing DD , she will have plenty of other visitors and the break should do us the world of good. Will feel really odd though going away without her
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just a quick update. My DD has been in 5 weeks now. She is doing really well weight wise. Up from a low of 36.6kg to 40.2kg. Mentally she is finding everything still extremely difficult. My wife continues to get the brunt of the texts and tearful phone calls but hopefully things will improve on that score as her weight picks up.
This weekend she has been allowed out of her wheelchair on the ward for the first time , which perked her up, and if she does well today with her food, we have been promised she can go out with us for 3 hours tomorrow , which would be great and a reward for her ( and for us) for her hard work.
The staff have been great since they began to understood her needs

Edited at 01:32 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh thats good news to hear that shes putting on weight. Can't imagine what its like for you as parents, hope you have a lovely time out together tomorrow x
Old 23 Apr 16, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

Just read through this. What a tough time for your family, I'll be thinking of you xx

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Nothing even vaguely useful to contribute other than I am so pleased to hear your DD is making such fabulous progress.

X
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Pleased to hear that your DD is showing progress.
Enjoy your time together tomorrow
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Pleased to see your update, really hope you get to go out for bit tomorrow . Take care x
Old 23 Apr 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Really happy to see the update. I hope you get to have some time together. Thinking of you xx
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List