Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Mar 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Carlos Bakery

Hi all, thought I’d do a little planning for our New York trip in November(assuming travel is back to normal by then), my daughter is a fan of cake boss so we’d like to go over to Hoboken to see it, anyone been?, is it easy to get to?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

We went a few years ago, when the show was really popular, they had barriers erected outside to control the crowds. Luckily it was snowing quite heavily when we visited and there were very few people around.

We were really lucky that Maddy was in the shop and she spent quite some time talking to Mrs P. it really made her day.

We got the 126 bus from PA bus terminal, you have to buy tickets before you get on, the bus goes right to the shop.

There is a CB shop in Manhatten on 42nd/8th right by where we got the bus from but it was nice to go to the original shop, as a fan.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you that’s great info, we’ve been to the one in Orlando but the original would be great
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went in 2017 and the shop was empty unfortunately none of the family was around either! But we were still thrilled to go and see the original shop. Also went out for food in Hoboken - much cheaper than Manhattan.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridafan101 View Post
We went in 2017 and the shop was empty unfortunately none of the family was around either! But we were still thrilled to go and see the original shop. Also went out for food in Hoboken - much cheaper than Manhattan.
Ah that was a shame, would be nice to have a little look around Hoboken too😀
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We went in 2018, as we were staying near Hoboken in an Airbnb I made sure to pay it a visit. It wasn't overly busy but they are set up very well, a lady comes down the queue with an ordering pad so by the time you get to the till it's all ready for you.
You have to try a lobster tail and cannoli!
If you are getting the PATH train from Manhattan its literally around the corner from the station, only a 5 minute walk
Edit to add - Hoboken is a lovely town to have a wander around. I agree with the pp that food is much cheaper! We had a lovely and very cheap slice of pizza from Basile's Pizza only a few doors down from Carlo's

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 09:35 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

Mobile

It was empty last August. Lobster tail recommended. Hoboken is beautiful. Take your cake and sit by the river and take a trip to the ferry terminal to see the Tiffany glass ceiling. It was a highlight
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We went in 2018, as we were staying near Hoboken in an Airbnb I made sure to pay it a visit. It wasn't overly busy but they are set up very well, a lady comes down the queue with an ordering pad so by the time you get to the till it's all ready for you.
You have to try a lobster tail and cannoli!
If you are getting the PATH train from Manhattan its literally around the corner from the station, only a 5 minute walk
Edit to add - Hoboken is a lovely town to have a wander around. I agree with the pp that food is much cheaper! We had a lovely and very cheap slice of pizza from Basile's Pizza only a few doors down from Carlo's
It was a cannoli I tried in the orlando branch and I’ll get another one😀, thanks for info
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minion71 View Post
It was empty last August. Lobster tail recommended. Hoboken is beautiful. Take your cake and sit by the river and take a trip to the ferry terminal to see the Tiffany glass ceiling. It was a highlight
Thank you that sounds like a great idea😀