Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Mar 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella-bella
I want to go now!

Atlanta to orlando - road trip

Hi, i am looking for advice, suggestions or even just hearing personal experiences. (2A & 2 boys 17 &22) We are planning for Orlando next year (I share my DOB with the MK)and would like to try a road trip. Provisionally we are thinking to start in Atlanta. stay in a hotel there for 2 days and go to the six flags theme park. Drive to Savannah and stay at Tybee beach for a couple of beach days, do a tour or 2. Then drive to St Augustine and stay 2 days before heading on down to Orlando.
As I say any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Any must see/do's of even a variation on route.
Thank you in advance.

Wendy

Edited at 04:52 PM.
Bella-bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're looking at doing similar but in 2022 for our 40th birthdays. Was looking at flying into Nashville, driving down to Chattanooga, from there onto Senoia for DH & DS to do a Walking dead tour, then Savannah for a few nights, and either finishing up along the Georgia coast, or Hilton Head. Dh would like to drive to Jacksonville to visit the Jags stadium as he's a big fan, and then either a week in Orlando to do Universal and ending up in Miami for a few nights before flying home. I love quaint American towns, and road trips, we have a one day Disney ticket left from last year that we could use for a fix. Kids would be 16 & 14, they love a road trip too, and the great outdoors.

Miss Mouse (Lisa) did a similar trip in 2018 which gave me the inspiration to think about this sort of trip, she vlogged it all aswell, might be worth a watch.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

We did a road trip about six years ago around some of those places. We did st augustine, Savannah, Atlanta, Asheville (NC), gatlinburg (TN), and Chattanooga.
St Augustine is lovely. A lovely old town to wander around, a lighthouse you can go up, a fort (didn’t get to do it, but it’s supposed to be great), beaches.
Savannah - we were only there for a day, but did the trolley tour and had a tour in a haunted mansion, and had a wander around the town. There are quite a few fudge shops with free samples
The drive to Atlanta was long and boring, in comparison to other drives we have done.
Atlanta we had a few days - aquarium is great, zoo has giant pandas!, the Coca Cola place was interesting, and the art museum was good too.we ran out of time for the botanical gardens.
In Atlanta, we stayed in the Loews hotel - very nice. ‘Posh’ but not in an uncomfortable way (wear what you like). Savannah we stayed at the holiday inn express, which had a rooftop pool.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella-bella
I want to go now!

Thank you for your reply NewtoOrlando. Just realised i had two replies. Hubby thought it would be good to try and see a little bit more of America than just Mickey Mouse.lol There seems to be a lot of variations of the same sort of route but we have a while to plan it out. We are just doing MNSSHP hopefully to get my disney fix and then about a week to 10 days at Universal. Hopefully Hard Rock. I'm getting excited looking at all the places and the thought of a road trip seems a lot of fun. At least i hope it is and not just a fight in a car.lol DH wants to stay in a cabin in the Smokies for a couple of days and there seems a lot to Gaitlinburg and Pigeon Forge but with having 2 boys (23&17) and DH, I have been told definitely no Dollywood.lol I will check out Miss Mouses report.
Happy planning.

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Bella-bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella-bella
I want to go now!

Thank you Porridge. I will check out those hotels. St Augustine is my vote. I've always wanted to visit. I imagine it to be this beautiful, quaint, old town. It doesn't sound like i will be disappointed. DH and DS1 are sharing the driving so hopefully that will break up the boredom of the drive to Atlanta. The aquarium looks great and i am told by my DS's there is a Six Flags outside Atlanta, they really want to go to. Typical boys, a road trip away from the Theme parks to visit a Theme park.lol
Thanks for advice and i will probably pick your brain nearer the time.