Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Aug 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We are going to New York first next April. I think I would want more than two nights though as presumably one of the days will only be a partial day so that is only one full day there.

Love the train idea somebody mentioned.
How did you book your holiday Claudette? I was looking at a package through BA but may now have to book the Orlando - New York flight separate! Thanks.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
How did you book your holiday Claudette? I was looking at a package through BA but may now have to book the Orlando - New York flight separate! Thanks.
I am actually flying to and from New York as I got reward flights and I don’t know if / how to book them from different airports. So far I have only booked the international flights, I will book the internal flights nearer the time, will book those directly with a US airline, maybe United.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi OP.

Yes we have! Just got back on Friday from our NY and Florida road trip.

We actually stopped on the way back home though rather than going on way out. Was the perfect way to finish our holiday off.

If you have any questions or want any tips, please feel free to ask :-)
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re doing this in October. 3 nights in new york followed by 14 nights in orlando. Booked it as a package with ba
Old 4 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We do BA customise your trip. LHR to JFK, nights in hotel with BA (others do theirs separately), then car in Orlando and indirect back. We like JetBlue for our internal flights, book the plus seats on release for a hold bag if needed. Around the 45-55 USD if book on day of release and take the cheapest flight.

Did 5 nights 4 days first time, it was good. Would go as low as 3 nights with kids, who may wish/ need to go at a slower pace. Think adults could do main sights in 2 nights, but personally think it would be pushing it esp for a first visit. Plus, it might limit you to the more expensive morning flights from LHR. Cheaper for us to get a later flight out and pay for a room for an extra night than pay for the earlier arriving flights.
My view only.

It doesn't matter if you book the indirect separately from your package as there is little risk if your transatlantic flight being 3 days late, in the same way as I would only buy a through ticket if going indirect.

Plenty to see and do, but be ready to walk. Some stuff like climbing to the crown or pedestal of the statue of liberty need to booked in advance.
Old 7 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

This is a useful thread. We are thinking of doing this next year. Would you recommend going before your Orlando holiday or after? I’d rather go first whilst I’m not ‘theme parked out’ and exhausted but DH would rather go at the end as a way of delaying the return to work.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Personally I would recommend going first, it is hectic and lots to see and do and plenty of walking. We were able to surf the jet lag and see a lot early in the day.

In the past we have come back via both Dallas and Chicago and I think it felt a bit odd, you had the holiday and were all relaxed at the end of it and then had a rush around. So actually I felt more tired going back to work doing it that way. But lots of people do it that way round though. Whatever works for both of you.

It's not a way of avoiding work coz it's the same amount of time off 😂. You could finish with a couple of days at the beach so a different scene again.

Edited at 11:21 PM.
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Personally I would recommend going first, it is hectic and lots to see and do and plenty of walking. We were able to surf the jet lag and see a lot early in the day.

In the past we have come back via both Dallas and Chicago and I think it felt a bit odd, you had the holiday and were all relaxed at the end of it and then had a rush around. So actually I felt more tired going back to work doing it that way. But lots of people do it that way round though. Whatever works for both of you.

It's not a way of avoiding work coz it's the same amount of time off 😂. You could finish with a couple of days at the beach so a different scene again.

Thanks. I’ll put forward those ideas to DH. I think the jet lag thing is a good reason to go first. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

We did this last October. 4 nights in NY followed by 14 nights in Orlando.
We actually booked a package with Travel Planners for flights, accommodation and some tickets. It might not have been the cheapest way but it was straightforward.

We flew Virgin LHR-JFK and MCO-LGW with an internal flight through Delta JFK-MCO.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List