Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

What is the best way to book a show in NY

We are going to NY in Sept and would like to see a broadway show - does anyone know the best way to do this?
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I've queued at the ticket booth in Times square before where you can normally pick up cheaper tickets for that evening. We got Chicago tickets but to be honest seats were not the best.
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I booked ours on ticketmaster
Old 8 Aug 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellemum View Post
We are going to NY in Sept and would like to see a broadway show - does anyone know the best way to do this?
Possibly depends on how popular the show is at the time.

You should choose which show(s) you are interested in now. Start looking on theatre websites for availability. Some will direct you through Ticketmaster, or other booking sites, some you can book directly.

Once you have narrowed it down to what you [I]can[I] go to see. Then you are able to look at seating maps, to weigh up, where you want to sit, and how much you want to pay.

Always book before you go if the show is 'hot' as it may be sold out for months ahead.

This was the case for Hamilton, Wicked, The Lion King, Spamalot, and Mary Poppins, for us over the years. We would have had no chance of going without booking ahead, unless paying a premium with ticket resellers.

We only pay face value or less.

That apart, if you simply want to see a random Broadway show, you can look into buying whilst there from TKTS or at a theatre.

We had $200 seats at the U2 musical of Spider-Man for $40 which wasn't as bad as reviews suggested, although it closed shortly after.

Matinee tickets during mid-week may be mucher cheaper, or at least available, than week-ends or evenings.

Another factor is what's happening locally, the weather, big events at MSG or a big game, can all impact prices and availability.
Pino_Spetzberg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

if you want a good seat for a particular show them book in advance direct/ticketmaster etc

as above some shhows sell out months in advance, same as west end

if you not fussed you can take your chances at TKTS

i got lucky one year got some returns for Annie by just asking in the box office as i was passing

expect to pay top money anything less is a brucey bonus
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Having looked at the price of them ( I thought London was bad enough) I would say to arrange a small mortgage or sell a kidney before booking anything

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I found a work colleague who was visiting a few months before. I gave her the dollars and she bought me tickets while there!

I do not pay nasty agency fees!

Bear in mind that anything playing in London will be half the price!

Edited at 12:43 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I got mine through attraction tickets direct. It worked out cheapest and easiest for me to do it this way and meant we knew we had the tickets we needed.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We too booked with Attraction Tickets Direct for Jersey Boys all good, we did this twice, once for DS & Fiancée & again for us, highly recommend them, good price too we went Xmas Day

Edited at 07:36 PM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kirlie91
Imagineer

kirlie91's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Another option is that you could try to get 'rush' tickets.
Turn up to the theatre of whichever show you decide early morning (around 7am) of the day you want to go and queue at the box office. They sell so many of these tickets for around $40/$50 an are usually fairly decent seats. You may only get a couple so if you are part of a big group you are best to book before hand.

May 05/A S Movies - Toy Story
May 06/Villa Remington. May 2007/Villa Calabay Parc.
Nov/Dec 08 - Orange Lake. April 2012 - Orange Lake. August 2015 - Orange Lake.
kirlie91 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List