Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Aug 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
We've eaten at Yachtman a few times and think it's pretty ordinary. Had better steak at Flying Fish and Narocoosees and there's more sense of occasion at those.
There was no sense of occasion when we went to Flying Fish, they served us bread, starter and main course within the space of twelve minutes. I haven't made it to Narcoossee yet but I would like to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
We’re doing deluxe ddp next year so very interested in this. Have done cali grill and tiffins and both were excellent. Boathouse was nice but not up there with the other 2 IMO.

Our current list is based on youtube reviews (including 2 ddp credits too):

Do

Jiko
Cali grill - brunch
Flying fish
Brown derby
Boathouse
Sanna
Tiffins
Mori moto - get a booth!
Space restaurant epcot (assuming it is signature. Anyone know?)

Avoid

Artist point
Yachtsman
Wolfgang puck grand cafe
Spirit of ohoha
Mickeys backyard bbq
La cellier
Pizza delivery
We've eaten at Yachtsman 6 times and only once were we not 100% happy (it was Thanksgiving and it was too busy). Well worth a try.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There was no sense of occasion when we went to Flying Fish, they served us bread, starter and main course within the space of twelve minutes. I haven't made it to Narcoossee yet but I would like to.
Wow!

We just got back and our daughters and their husbands ate at Narcoosee's and Cali Grill this trip, both with 7.15 ADRs and just had main and desert. For both of them desert was just being served as the fireworks started (9.15 while we were there).

This year the service was generally slow, even off site. Normally that would suit us but we had 3 little ones in the party so perhaps I just noticed it more. Storytime, as I mentioned earlier, was particulalrly notable though - we had a 5.45 ADR, were 45 mins waiting to be seated (a long time with the kids) and it was after 9 when we left. Thankfully the kids were really good, but we were right at their limit.

Edited at 08:19 AM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
When we've eaten there (4 times) it's always been a good couple of hours. We missed a couple of years as the menu change at the time wasn't to our liking, but we went back in November and it was fab again.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Wow!

We just got back and our daughters and their husbands ate at Narcoosee's and Cali Grill this trip, both with 7.15 ADRs and just had main and desert. For both of them desert was just being served as the fireworks started (9.15 while we were there).

This years the service was generally slow, even off site. Normally that would suit us but we had 3 little ones in the party so perhaps I just noticed it more. Storytime, as I mentioned earlier, was particulalrly notable though - we had a 5.45 ADR, were 45 mins waiting to be seated (a long time with the kids and it was after 9 when we left. Thankfully the kids were really good, but we were right at their limit.
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
When we've eaten there (4 times) it's always been a good couple of hours. We missed a couple of years as the menu change at the time wasn't to our liking, but we went back in November and it was fab again.
Just posting about my experience. I have posted the link to my Flying Fish dining review earlier in the thread, it confirms the twelve minute gap between bread, starter and main being delivered. It is somewhere I could never even give a second chance as it was literally the worst dining we have ever had. Such a shame as it was probably the reservation I most looked forward to and thought I would love.

Edited at 01:18 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Just posting about my experience. I have posted the link to my Flying Fish dining review earlier in the thread, it confirms the twelve minute gap between bread, starter and main being delivered. It is somewhere I could never even give a second chance as it was literally the worst dining we have ever had. Such a shame as it was probably the reservation I most looked forward to and thought I would love.
I know how you feel - one poor experience does put you off, and there are so many other places to try! We are the same with Narcoosee's - everyone raved about it, we had a very poor night there (mainly due to the server, not food) and we've never been back.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Best two this year were Cali Grill brunch and flying fish. Citricos was also really good.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List