Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

The motor inn is also in a good location , if you walk to chestnut st which is 100 yards or so there are some nice bars and restaurants in a nice area which are used by locals. For the tourist area it's a short walk through the park to fishermans wharf.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
charleion
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
The motor inn is also in a good location , if you walk to chestnut st which is 100 yards or so there are some nice bars and restaurants in a nice area which are used by locals. For the tourist area it's a short walk through the park to fishermans wharf.
Hi which motor Inn is this or it it just called the motor inn
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve booked Hyatt emeryville, £850 including breakfast, 3 nights for family of 5.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by charleion View Post
Hi which motor Inn is this or it it just called the motor inn
It is called the Columbus motor inn.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

...(for a 1 bed suite, bay view). Looks like you’ve booked- exciting!

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Thankyou for your help everybody.

I booked a 3 night stay in the Columbus Motor Inn for$760, 30/03/20 to 02/04/20.
I could not get a price on any search engine and therefore booked direct through their own website.
For a suite with a queen and 2 x double beds, I feel that this represents a great deal (compared with other SFO prices).
We had the suite with the king and 2 double beds. We also found booking direct to be best and free cancellation. Hope you enjoy it there. Ask at reception for the short cut through the streets to the wharf area. They were really helpful. I think for San Fran this offers decent rooms for a decent price. Happy planning
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We stayed in the Hilton San Francisco Union Square last year for 4 or 5 nights (can't remember how long it was now).

Really nice hotel that seems to be, for us, in a decent enough location.

I'd stay there again, which I guess is always the ultimate test.
We are staying here next month hope it’s ok
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

You got a great bargain for SF.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

I'm not too knowledgeable on where TO stay but I can tell you NOT to stay in the Tenderloin district. We stayed at the Cova and although the hotel itself was decent the area was atrocious and we were scared walking out of the door. Even the reception had a map where they had drawn in red pen which streets not to walk down!
Try and aim for Fisherman's Wharf area, it's lovely around there and most things will be in walking distance for you.
Hope this helps a bit!
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List