Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Aug 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Unplanned last minute change of plan

We got to the airport to find out we can't get to Quebec until Saturday two days late. Anyhow we have booked accommodation near Newark airport for two nights and I'm sure we will have a lovely day in New York tomorrow. Some people are missing cruises because of the delay. The worst part for us is we have to pay for extra accommodation and are missing out on two nights in Quebec that we have paid for. United said they can't cover cost as the delay is due to the weather and is an act of God. When we were delayed coming back from France we were delayed due to weather and air France provided accommodation. I think my countdown should say I hope we get there not I need to go back.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

How frustrating! Would your insurance cover it?

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
How frustrating! Would your insurance cover it?
To be honest I hadn't thought about that I will look into it when we return.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

This makes me pleased we fly on a Monday for our cruise leaving the Friday! Have a wonderful time despite the stresses of the day!

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janey2000 View Post
This makes me pleased we fly on a Monday for our cruise leaving the Friday! Have a wonderful time despite the stresses of the day!
Yes I am glad our cruise is later in the holiday. Although we only fly from Quebec to Orlando two days before (sailing from port canaveral). At leat I think there will be more options from there if the plane is cancelled. Don't know if you have seen my other thread but we are still in Manchester with a 26 hour delay now so we have also lost one of our nights in Newark and our planned New York day is no longer on the cards c

Edited at 10:19 PM.