Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jul 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DEBS&DAN
Very Serious Dibber

Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls

Hi would love some advice. Looking to book within the next week and I had decided on Cabana Bay. Recently there seems to be a lot of negative reviews, mainly about cleanliness and wait times in the hotel. I appreciate a lot of this could be down to staff shortages and hopefully by next July wouldn’t be an issue. There would be 2 adults, my son turns 18 when we are there and my other son will be 14. Sapphire Falls is not much dearer but Cabana Bay it’s a family suite and Sapphire Falls standard room. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Cabana Bay was great when we first visited back in 2015 and great value too. Easy to get to the parks and Volcano Bay is next door

Looking at recent reports of 4 hours to check-in may be down to Covid restrictions or lack of staff.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would honestly ignore any housekeeping complaints at the moment. Massive staff shortages across all resorts and larger than expected travel crowds are creating issues everywhere. Even Grand Floridian is getting a lot of complaints.

With two teens, I'd want the extra space of a family suite over a standard room. Especially if you're staying there for a week or more.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
prt2
Very Serious Dibber

I think Cabana Bay would be more appealing for the teens .. Sapphire Falls is a really nice hotel but more themed for adults whereas Cabana Bay has much more for teens in my opinion. The family suite will be much more roomy than the standard room also …
prt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just to throw a spanner in the works my 9 year old preferred Sapphire Falls.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DEBS&DAN
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone for the advice. Think we are going to book a family suite at Cabana Bay. I’m sure Universal will have sorted out any issues by next year.
Old 27 Jul 21, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

We have had short stays in both recently. Sapphire Falls has a more elegant feel and nicer bar etc and would be my first choice. However my 15 year old daughter really preferred Cabana Bay and the lazy river would probably appeal to most kids and teens. The family suites were ideal if you have 2 kids who don't want to share a bed as well.
Old 27 Jul 21, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Cabana Bay is definitely better for families there are 2 big pools with a slide and a lazy river and a bowling alley too! I've stayed there twice and had a brilliant time. Sapphire is a great hotel too but I would say it's more adult friendly.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Have you also looked at Aventura? We love it there. Really compact hotel. We’ve had 2 great stays there.

We have some time booked at Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls next year. I like to try all the universal hotels 😂. I love the feel of Sapphire Falls, we spent a fair bit of time there when at Aventura but Cabana Bay looks fun.