Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Volcano bay is incredible. I can spend about 3 hours at most in either of the Disney water parks, but I can literally stay open until close at volcano bay!

I’d have to do a mix of both, I personally couldn’t choose between them.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Volcano Bay is the best waterpark in Orlando imo, we can't wait to go back!

That fast lazy river is an absolute hoot!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

OP universal is not all simulators, there are 6 actual simulators

not sure why this myth is peddled on here..

and VOlcano bay is streets ahead of disney
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

We all have vastly different incomes on here as well,

Affording both Universal and WDW tickets is usually out of the question for me, but due to to cancellation of all holidays over the last year I've managed to save up for the 7 over 14 day passes.

Used to always be a WDW 14-21 day and the Orlando Flex Ticket but if it wasn't for the luck/saving there is no way I'd be able to or want to afford £4500+ for both WDW and the Flex Ticket, I'd rather save it for another holiday.

I've seen the Ultimate Disco Cove / Seaworld ticket parking tip mentioned, buy one ultimate and the rest standard then you'll get free Seaworld parking
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

We're in the same boat, albeit with only a two week stay.

I've got 14 day Disney tickets vs 14 day Universal and the Seaworld trio. They both come out about the same price for the basic tickets and parking and I can see pros and cons to both.

Disney

I prefer the parks and the rides (there, I've said it)
Disney water parks are tired and firmly in 3rd and 4th place of the four available
I don't like the idea of spending time farting about with Genie, Genie+ and the paid rides

Universal, et al

Parks and rides not quite as good (in my opinion)
Better water parks
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

If you've seen everything at Disney I would say do Universal it's a great place. Harry Potter is amazing especially the first time you experience it! You could spend hours exploring that across both using the Hogwarts Express.

Volcano Bay is a miles better water park it makes the Disney parks feel out dated. When we go to the Disney water parks we are done by lunch time but Volcano Bay we happily spent the full day there.

We usually get the 3 park Universal ticket and the Discovery Cove ultimate ticket which includes Seaworld & Busch Gardens & Aquatica and free parking. That's around the same price as a 2 week Disney ticket.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ghostmark2005 View Post
We all have vastly different incomes on here as well,

Affording both Universal and WDW tickets is usually out of the question for me, but due to to cancellation of all holidays over the last year I've managed to save up for the 7 over 14 day passes.

Used to always be a WDW 14-21 day and the Orlando Flex Ticket but if it wasn't for the luck/saving there is no way I'd be able to or want to afford £4500+ for both WDW and the Flex Ticket, I'd rather save it for another holiday.

I've seen the Ultimate Disco Cove / Seaworld ticket parking tip mentioned, buy one ultimate and the rest standard then you'll get free Seaworld parking
Totally agree re different incomes, we went in 2018 & did the lot (well as much as we could fit in, in 2 weeks!)

We said next time we go, something will have to give & for us it will be the Disney parks (we have said we may do a pay on the day) for us, it would be doing the Universal & Busch Gardens combo but hitting Volcano Bay more than the once.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

A vote for Universal here too! Especially if you love Harry Potter - you can spend days immersed in there. But, just to float another option - what about a 14 day ticket for Universal (cheaper than Disney) and a 7 day for Disney? That way you get to do both and can spread it out across the three weeks to give you and DH some downtime. Universal is so much more laidback than Disney, so it’s not quite the full on park days you have at Disney. Plus no need for dining reservations, fastpasses (or whatever they are now?!) and you can just go with the flow more. Plus you have the option of a couple of Disney days over a two week period
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Is there such a thing as a 7-day Disney ticket?
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
Is there such a thing as a 7-day Disney ticket?
Yes, but it's basically the same price as the 14 day ticket. The 14 day ticket is deeply discounted.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List