Old 6 Jan 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - Day 10 - November 2021 - Magic Kingdom & Disney Springs

Index Here

Day 9 here

Day 10 - 23rd November 2021 - Magic Kingdom & Disney Springs

Today is our last full day at Disney, I feel like I could cry!

Today I wake at 7 and my wife follows shortly after. As it’s our last day we decide to buy genie plus to try and pack as much in as possible. So once purchased I grab us a lighting lane for 1430 to start us off for big thunder.

We have some left over cookies and I brought some ganash from the ganashary last night so we have this as a super healthy breakfast. At 9 I then get us a second LL for jungle cruise for 1650.

We head down to the bus stop and get a bus to Magic Kingdom arriving for around 11. We have a usual walk through the shops and a last look for the spirit jersey. We decide on a couple of more purchases including earrings and a 50th anniversary pin.

It’s a beautiful day again in Magic Kingdom so we take a moment to FaceTime our parents and show off the beautiful park and castle.

We then decide to have an early lunch again so we mobile order from Casey corner for our usual footlong and today I’ve gone for a anniversary celebration dessert which was lovely. I also grab a 3rd LL for buzz at 1405.

I have a little look at wait times and space mountain is showing a massive 2h wait, so I decide to pay for a LL and book for 1330. We head towards tomorrow land and have a final ride on the people mover. It’s showing a 35 min wait which today actually takes 30, but it did go down for around 15mins. Tron is looking great and hope they have it finished soon!

Carousel of progress is next and something goes wrong and we have the second room twice, which is always good for a sit down!

We head to space mountain for our paid LL and skip a 1h 30 wait, which felt great walking past everyone else. I didn’t realise as well that if you are not wearing your face mask on an indoor ride they will not link the photo to MDE, and of course the chap sitting with us decided not to wear his so we didn’t get our pic. I wish I said something to the cast member as he ruined the picture for us as he was sharing our train. Oh well!

Buzz is next and my wife wins the round making it 2-2.

Our LL was coming up for thunder mountain so we head over and skip a hour queue. I get us another LL for Pooh bear later that evening.

We head back to the hub and grab a spot on the grass again to people watch and I go get us some ice cream, brownie sundae for me and a cookie sandwich for F. It’s lovely to be just sitting in the sun in one of our favourite places.

We head next to fantasy land and first up is a small world a posted 50 min wait turns into a 20 min wait so not to bad. Followed up with Prince Charming carousel with only a 10 min wait.

We have another wonder round the shops and I buy a new t shirt as part of our no regrets policy. We do spy some of the elusive purple spirit jerseys in the emporium but they only have small and extra small left.

Our next LL is coming up so we head to Pooh and follow him for an adventure with his friends. We head on round for our next LL to jungle cruise or Jingle cruise as it’s known at the moment. It’s a crazy line of around 1h30 and our skipper takes us on a festive journey, jokes are as cheesy as ever and it’s enjoyable to see the Christmas overlay.

It’s coming up to 7 so we have a final wonder around the shops, they are super busy with the Christmas after hour guests coming in and the pre fireworks rush. As the sun has set it’s really chilly tonight, coldest it’s been the whole holiday, we were really under prepared and in shorts and T-shirt we really felt the cold. We attempted to try and buy something warmer in the shops but everyone else had the same idea so we gave up and decided to stay chilly.

Save hanging around in the cold we decided to head back to buzz for a final match and some much needed warmth. F wins again and wins the games for the holiday beating me 3-2.

Around 1945 we head back to the hub for the fireworks, and find it surprisingly easy to get a good spot in front of the castle. The fireworks are as amazing as ever and as the final ones go up my eyes start to water. It’s been such an amazing holiday and it’s been a great day and a great way to finish this portion of the stay. My wife turns around and she is in floods of tears so we are both in good company. Enchantment is definitely a grower, and we needed to give it a couple of shows to really appreciate it. Yes, you will not like it if you go in with the attitude of HEA is the best thing since sliced bread. Just let it grow on you a little and let the magic do it’s thing!

We start to head out the park with the crowds and say our goodbyes to the park and the castle. At the bus stop we wait ages for a bus to show and then we are on our way back to French quarter. We get back around 2130 and decide on a quick visit to Disney springs for dinner. So we wrap up warm and grab a boat and enjoy the ride to the springs.

Most of Disney springs closes around 10 so by the time we arrive most shops are closed and so are the food locations. We head back to d luxe burger for a final holiday burger and share a fries.

From here we head for a final look around the world of Disney before grabbing the last boat at 2230 back to French quarter. In hindsight we shouldn’t have bothered heading to Disney Springs, and just grabbed some food from the hotel.

We get back to the hotel for around 2300 and head to bed soon after.

Day 11 coming soon!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A really good last day in MK so many rides done

Joan
Old 9 Jan 22, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Sounds like a fab last day. Some tasty snacks and lots of rides. You got a great view for the fireworks and I bet you're not the only ones who had a tear in their eyes.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List