Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
AnneG
Gone all Goofy

Flying with Thomas Cook

Hi all

Hoping to return next April/May and have found reasonably priced flights departing from Gatwick with Thomas Cook on our possible dates (including Premium Economy). We have never flown long haul with them before and was just wondering what everyones views/opinions are, good, bad or indifferent.

Also, booking so far in advance, would our flights be more likely to be changed or cancelled?

Thanks.
AnneG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
derekmac
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew with them last year and it was a really good flight, on time and staff really nice and helpful as for cancellations you would have to be unlucky for this to happen, i would fly with them anytime.
Avanti Resort June 2019, Calypso cay May 2018, Rosen Inn International Sept 2016, Orlando Gateway June 2013, Quality Inn International Sept 2011, Econo Lodge Sept 2010, All Star Music Oct 2009, Holiday Inn I-Drive June 2008, Doubletree Club LBV Oct 2006, Orlando Grand Plaza I-Drive May 2005, Clarion Universal I-Drive May 2004, Best Western Movie June 1999
derekmac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi there

We've only ever flown with TC (all long haul) but this year we're on the Dreamliner. One thing I like about TC is the seat configuration - I much prefer their 2-4-2 seating. We've only flown economy and have always found it to have plenty of room, we never felt cramped. You get basic in flight entertainment however you can pay £4 per person to upgrade to the premium film library with more choice. I like that the toilets are downstairs in their aircraft - give your legs a bit of a stretch. Food okay - same old but edible. My daughter on the other hand detests it. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Tc are reportedly the best transatlantic carrier around at the moment.

Lots of great reviews in here.

Their us fleet are mainly their own refurbed planes with great interior and premium and a good price.

There are some issues with some planes they use supliment their fleet. This summer they will have an all economy plane from their Scandinavian fleet and 2 all economy air tankers. There is an issue with the ife on the new airtanker.

This far out its difficult to say the planes wont change. But i dont think ive heard of any of their flights being cancelled.

I would confidently book with them economy now and wait for a great price to upgrade to premium or if its a super price for pe book it now. Safe to know if they do change the plane you will be compensated for the inconvieniece or change dates to be on a pe plane.

Lots if great recent reviews in the forums in here.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

See this thread from a few days ago asking for reviews on TC PE.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1015161
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by AnneG View Post
Hi all

Hoping to return next April/May and have found reasonably priced flights departing from Gatwick with Thomas Cook on our possible dates (including Premium Economy). We have never flown long haul with them before and was just wondering what everyones views/opinions are, good, bad or indifferent.

Also, booking so far in advance, would our flights be more likely to be changed or cancelled?

Thanks.

We've flown TC 6 times in the past 3 years both economy and premium and to be fair they were spot on!

I personally look at flying like getting on a bus. It gets you from A to B. So as long as it gets me there and it's direct and I know it's good value it doesn't bother me.

I like how TC in economy also is a 2/4/2 configuration! As on VS I prefer the rows of 2 at the back downstairs. I don't see the fuss with upstairs personally.

Flying back from NYC after Disney cruise this year with TC was really good value!

Flying virgin again next year all booked, was cheaper than TC.

One thing I will say about TC is the food, all airline food is awful isn't it, but I actually enjoyed the meals on TC! Very good microwave meals lol

I've only ever flown indirect back ONCE and never again. I hated it.

I'm impatient and my times important to me, but again I suppose it's how you view a flight.

Everyone's wants and needs are so different!

But in short, I though TC were great! Lol

I hope this is helpful?

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went with TC in July 2014 and have booked with them for our honeymoon flights next month.

They were always on time, the staff were lovely. Yes, the IFE was a bit poor, but it's only getting you from A to B. And they are usually a lot cheaper than Virgin.

If the prices were the same, I would go Virgin. But I wouldn't hesitate to book with TC again. 😊
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TanyaFay
Earning More Ears

I have booked with TC for our September WDW holiday after being recommended them. Previously flown with Virgin & Thomson so will be interesting to see how TC fair. That being said TC price was amazing value when we booked compared to the other companies. Have flown short haul with TC and loved their service (always ontime when I have been with them) so can't wait to find out what their long haul is like
Old 8 Apr 17, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Ronniesmom
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We flew TC last September and are booked with them for our upcoming trip in May. We got a fab price for May (£850) for the three of us. So didn't even bother to look elsewhere. no complaints from us.
Ronniesmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nitnat2004
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ronniesmom View Post
We flew TC last September and are booked with them for our upcoming trip in May. We got a fab price for May (£850) for the three of us. So didn't even bother to look elsewhere. no complaints from us.
That's a brilliant price!
nitnat2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List