Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
What a strange idea. Surely that will put a lot of economy passengers off flying with them, unless all the other airlines do the same?
Who said BA care about their passengers?! We flew WT+ last time. The service was appalling, and we were treated like children: they put us into an enforced night mode straight after dinner and all buggered off!

Quite honestly, we buy a pack or two of the cheap Boots sandwiches to take on board anyway.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by elliemay View Post
Nothing wrong with a cheeky week
What do you mean by 'cheeky' week? I see it a lot, eg, cheeky week, cheeky month, cheeky weekend or whatever. And I haven't got a clue what it means!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

BA have fallen in line with the LCCs and changed food offerings to Buy on Board for short haul, I dont see long haul going the same way at the moment
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'd happily go for a week, it's in my plans for a few years time just me and dd to go and spend a week onsite at Disney as dh and dd aren't bothered about doing Disney and they'll go off to Barcelona and Madrid to watch Football! Suits me ☺️ Anyhow, I'm glad you've booked it, I think a week can be as stressful or relaxing as you make it! I would do half days, so you get some r&r and if you're only doing universal then that's plenty of downtime. You can pop over to Disney springs to get a little Disney fix! We flew with BA to Miami last year and all food and drink was free in economy. It was fine, they did put the shutters down on the windows for the flight (day flight leaving at 10.40am) which I thought was a bit odd but the crew were very good and every hour walked round with drinks and the food was surprisingly good (on the way back was a different story) but we still took a boots meal deal each just incase!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I would only contemplate a week if I was getting it for next to nothing as there really isn't much difference in price from one to two weeks. Only really the extra weeks accomodation and spends. Could you not stay on for a week afterwards?
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by Danielle24 View Post
Personally I would only contemplate a week if I was getting it for next to nothing as there really isn't much difference in price from one to two weeks. Only really the extra weeks accomodation and spends. Could you not stay on for a week afterwards?
... and the car
... and the parking at the airport
... and your food
... and your spends

So, yeah, the same price really ...
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Flights are the key to making a week viable. If you can get there for sub £500 each it makes it similar to many hot destinations that no one blinks at you for going for a week. Likewise short trips to vegas and NYC are common.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
... and the car
... and the parking at the airport
... and your food
... and your spends

So, yeah, the same price really ...
I said spends which to me includes food. I don't park at the airport and don't hire a car. If it was a universal only trip I would stay there so yeh for me the only additional costs would be accomodation and spends.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Danielle24 View Post
I said spends which to me includes food. I don't park at the airport and don't hire a car. If it was a universal only trip I would stay there so yeh for me the only additional costs would be accomodation and spends.
I think it's probably unusual to not take your car to the airport and not hire a car over there either. Spending money for an extra week is hardly insignificant. We budget $125 a day which is low if you want to eat at Disney table service restaurants, so an extra week would "only" cost us $875/£700ish. The last time we paid for accommodation rather than using DVC points it cost £100 per night, so that's another £700 (personally I'd rather not go than stay in a budget hotel). So you're looking at an additional £1500 for spends, accommodation and car hire. Perhaps that's not a lot to you.

Enjoy your trip OP . We've done a week twice (once with a 7 month old!) and would do it again if time or money was limited.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
I think it's probably unusual to not take your car to the airport and not hire a car over there either. Spending money for an extra week is hardly insignificant. We budget $125 a day which is low if you want to eat at Disney table service restaurants, so an extra week would "only" cost us $875/£700ish. The last time we paid for accommodation rather than using DVC points it cost £100 per night, so that's another £700 (personally I'd rather not go than stay in a budget hotel). So you're looking at an additional £1500 for spends, accommodation and car hire. Perhaps that's not a lot to you.

Enjoy your trip OP . We've done a week twice (once with a 7 month old!) and would do it again if time or money was limited.
Hence why I said me personally 😊