Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Aug 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

It doesn't matter how much you spent it is what you pay for this time that matters.

Disney onsite perks are there for people who stay on site, the fact that there is away round it does not mean that is OK. If you want the perks stay onsite if you feel that staying on site is not right for you dont stay on site but dont think that it is OK to use this loop hole it is not.

Just because you want to give your family the best experience is not a justification to use a loophole to get it.

I can put my seat down as soon as we take off and put it back up when we land but that is not right or fair so I dont do it.

As I said how many people would not feel uncomftable telling Disney this is why they have made this booking or would feel happy sending the link to this thread to Disney ?

Still as it suits your agenda and its what you want that is what you will do !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
^^ Exactly. Well said

Before the FP change, the benefits to on-site guests did not negatively affect offsite guests. Now, however, it really does - to the point where some rides are effectively reserved for on-site guests only.
Guess you should vote with your feet if that is how you feel.

I dont want to pay for onsite parking and I have felt that the pricing is getting stupid so its tat ta WDW from me
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Disney sell one night stays. If they didn't want people staying for one night, they would have a minimum stay rule of however many nights they want you to stay. Whether you actually stay the night or not is irrelevant as they are getting paid for what they have offered and at a price they are happy to sell at. What the person does with that booking once they've paid is up to them.

It's just like booking a fly/drive if it's cheaper than flight only and not picking the car up or booking a one week package holiday in a naff hotel as it's cheaper than the flight only and not staying there.

If Disney want to stop this practice, they can do so at any point but they've chosen not to. I would imagine, that as far as they're concerned, they are getting extra revenue from bookings they would not normally have got and without the extra expense to them, such as electricity/cleaning etc.

Just my personal thoughts.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

My throwaway has worked great so far. FOP and 7DMT all booked, though no SD. But that is ok as I will use the EMH to get there for 7am.

Awesome.

And I don't feel bad in the slightest for buying something that is being sold and only using part of the product.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dBoardy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by Party of 5 View Post
If you input a UK address, the system assumes you will be checking in and collecting the bands in person as they will only be sent to a US address. There is no paperwork sent.
Once you've booked make sure you add the reservation to your mde, and your magic bands should show In The 'my magic bands' section where they will show as pending. While they are there, you can customise them as far as change the colour and add a name to each one which is handy if you have a big party. You can input the US shipping address of the fairytale shopper at any time but make sure you do it at least 4 weeks before your holiday is due to start to give them time to dispatch them. MDE normally give you a prompt to let you know you need to customise and change address soon as there is a cut off day. Once the cut off day arrives (ours was 4 weeks before our stay), they will be sent to the US shipping address you input and give you a tracking number. You can check in online so you don't have to even visit the campsite . If you don't change the address you will have to check in and collect in person.
Hope this helps.
That's great! Thanks for the advice Party of 5!
dBoardy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Party of 5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dBoardy View Post
That's great! Thanks for the advice Party of 5!
No problem, you're very welcome, glad I could help ☺
Party of 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
It doesn't matter how much you spent it is what you pay for this time that matters.

Disney onsite perks are there for people who stay on site, the fact that there is away round it does not mean that is OK. If you want the perks stay onsite if you feel that staying on site is not right for you dont stay on site but dont think that it is OK to use this loop hole it is not.

Just because you want to give your family the best experience is not a justification to use a loophole to get it.

I can put my seat down as soon as we take off and put it back up when we land but that is not right or fair so I dont do it.

As I said how many people would not feel uncomftable telling Disney this is why they have made this booking or would feel happy sending the link to this thread to Disney ?

Still as it suits your agenda and its what you want that is what you will do !
You seem very outraged about this. I would suggest finding more important things to get worked up about than whether my family is able to get on FoP.

To be clear. I AM an onsite guest. I have paid my money to stay onsite for one night. Whether I choose to stay in the room or campsite or not is my business.

If the campsite was not there, I would book a room for a night instead. It'd still be worth it to me, regardless of whether I actually slept in it or not.

This is not a loophole. Disney don't have a minimum stay requirement. If they did, and there was some way around it, then it might be a loophole. This quite obviously is not.

For the record, I would be very happy telling Disney this is why I've made my booking. I'm pretty sure they know why people book 1-night stays, linked to 14-day tickets though... they are not stupid.
Old 10 Aug 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The thought that Disney may be ‘shocked’ should I reveal the horrifying and malicious intent behind me giving them money for a stay at the camp site is - quite frankly - ridiculous. It’s already been said that a conversation 2 years ago with a ‘senior exec’ brought all this up - yet here we are, still abusing the system, ruining family holidays and exploiting loopholes.
I don’t know how I sleep at night.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anniewomble
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Our 1 night booking for our party of 11 has worked out great too! We are here now and have rode FOP once and 7DMT. We have another FP for FOP tomorrow and we managed to get 1 Slinky Dog FP for Tuesday next week after the first Fantasmic show. Although we did not stay the night we spent some time looking around the resort as it’s got a really good feel to it, we went back last night to see Hoop de Doo and we’ve booked trails end for our last night and will watch the fireworks from the beach and see the water pageant too. I’d love to come back and stay here perhaps in a cabin so our 1 night booking potentially could end up meaning we spend a lot more money here down the line! I even spent almost $100 in the gift shop last night!
anniewomble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi all

We have booked a night in the All Star Music Resort as we wanted to do one night in a Disney hotel before our Villa is available for check in the following day. From using the info I found on this thread, we are going to really benefit from the early access and magic bands provided with the booking.

I am trying to personalise the magic bands as the hotel is now in MDE. It won't let me progress without supplying a USA address so is there a way to still personalise them without using a personal shopper?

Cheers
Deano123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List