Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 19 Nov 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Florida Escapes Refunds. Update 23/04/2021

I was just wondering how many of us are still waiting for refunds after sending tickets back to Florida Escapes?

My 5 x Universal 3 Park 14 day Explorer tickets were returned 14 weeks ago. Since then there has been nothing apart from an automated email saying that they were "mothballing" the company until next year.
My travel insurance didn't cover covid (Staysure) and as I am not the main card holder (Barclaycard) doubt that I'm covered with that.

UPDATE 23/04/2021

Good news, full refund has gone onto our Barclaycard today.
I'm not sure which route sorted it but we involved Barclaycard, Hays Travel and Abta as well as numerous emails to FE (Travelbuzz)
Just got to get it transferred to my bank account!
Good luck to anyone else still waiting.

Edited at 11:29 AM.
making49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

We have heard nothing more so contacted our credit card company to try for a refund that way.
The day after that the money was back on the credit card! It’s not on the statement yet so it’s not actually clear where it came from although we are assuming the credit card company. Having said that we had only filled the initial form and they’d not asked for any evidence, the money just appeared!
Hope you,manage to get your money back.
Evil queen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Good to hear, how long ago did you send the tickets back?
Excuse me asking, was it minus the 10%? I'm still living in hope, I've asked Universal if my tickets have been returned and refunded. Not sure that will lead anywhere!
Old 20 Nov 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Probably about 17 weeks ago. They did eventually confirm they’d received them and then radio silence. I suspect the money was from the credit card people as it was the full cost of the tickets that appeared without the 10% being taken off.
Evil queen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Thanks for your reply.

Just heard from Universal, the tickets were not returned to them.

Edited at 08:21 PM.
making49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by making49 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Just heard from Universal, the tickets were not returned to them.
That’s the same experience I had with another ticket agency, it’s very deceitful isn’t it?

Have you approached FE with the information from Universal? I did with the agency I used and I got my refund then within a few days x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
The company has been "mothballed" and the automated email says there is no staff working.
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
LMAM
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by making49 View Post
I was just wondering how many of us are still waiting for refunds after sending tickets back to Florida Escapes?

My 5 x Universal 3 Park 14 day Explorer tickets were returned 14 weeks ago. Since then there has been nothing apart from an automated email saying that they were "mothballing" the company until next year.
My travel insurance didn't cover covid (Staysure) and as I am not the main card holder (Barclaycard) doubt that I'm covered with that.

Update.

I've just received this from Universal, the tickets have not been returned. Such lies!

"I was able to review your five (5) 3-Park Explorer Tickets and can confirm they are still showing as valid and are set to expire on December 17, 2021. As these tickets have not been refunded and are still valid, you have until December 17, 2021 to utilize these tickets. I hope the information I provided was helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us at (877) 589 – 4783, Toll-Free*."
I claimed through Barclaycard credit card and received a refund. I am also not the main cardholder, so it may be worth a try? They do ask for lots of information but worth it to get a full refund. It just appeared on our account, no email to explain we’d received the refund.
LMAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Poor although in fairness to Florida Escapes, if the tickets are still valid you would legally probably have an uphill struggle - if they however promised a refund then there’s something called promissory estoppel or variation to contract you could
argue, but that’s getting technical.
I used the US company Undercover Tourist for my Disneyland tickets and they were really good, refunded quickly in full, good comms. I will remember to use them again, and remember to avoid Florida Escapes so thanks for posting.
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
LMAM, Thanks for your reply, so glad for you. It gives me some hope.

Edited at 10:36 AM.